ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins first...

Husker hoops or Husker football?

I’ve got the pigskinners
wins what? A game? Probably football. A Conf championship? Football. A NC? Football.
Football still has the history, respect, and prestige. If Frost can get the ball rolling it should take off and build on its own. Basketball has never been good. It is going to take a ton of time and work to get that ball rolling.

Neb sits at 13th in league

have NW - the only team worse than Neb in the league at home
Have a reg season game against Minnesota sitting 12th in the conference but seems to be quite a bit better than Neb
as it stands currently, would play Minnesota in the Big tourney

Last edited:
We've got to be close to the bottom "All Male Sports Composite Ranking" among power 5 schools.

it looks like Rutgers and Colorado are going to get NCAA tourney invites this year -- if this occurs Neb and Oregon State will be the only power 5 teams that have not gone to either a bowl or the ncaa tournament in the last 3 years.

Hopefully with the recent coaching changes Nebraska can demonstrate they can compete in a power 5 conference

Last edited:
First to win a game?
First to have a winning season
First to win the conference

All pretty objective...

You don’t have to win your conference in Basketball to be successful in the NCAA tournament, you could even win the tournament without doing so....You do have to win your conference to play in the playoffs but could still play in the New Years 6 without winning the CCG..

When wins first at what?

it looks like Rutgers and Colorado are going to get NCAA tourney invites this year -- if this occurs Neb and Oregon State will be the only power 5 teams that have not gone to either a bowl or the ncaa tournament in the last 3 years.

Hopefully with the recent coaching changes Nebraska can demonstrate they can compete in a power 5 conference
That is not company we want to stay with.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I don't think it takes much for FH to get his guys just right,and pull a surprise against any team.
I just can't go against him, though the current team needs a lot.

But FH is good, knows his players, knows his opposition, and tweaks his schemes.
Can't bet against him.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I don't think it takes much for FH to get his guys just right,and pull a surprise against any team.
I just can't go against him, though the current team needs a lot.

But FH is good, knows his players, knows his opposition, and tweaks his schemes.
Can't bet against him.
I totally agree with you, but I'm not even sure Fred would take a bet that they'll get another W this year. He's about as stoic as you'll ever find on a basketball sideline, but you definitely get the impression he's about had his fill of watching this group. The shooting % would make anyone want to vomit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT