ADVERTISEMENT

Well this is crap.

Crazyhole

All-American
Jun 4, 2004
Clemson, Alabama, and OSU are in the playoff invitational for sure. Basically situation normal. Now its down to 2 teams that have been beaten by 2 of the other teams in the playoff for the final spot. Meanwhile, a couple of undefeated teams don't even get a shot in favor of a rematch that doesn't need to be played.

Why shouldn’t Notre Dame get in the playoff?

They beat Clemson earlier in the year

I could see Notre Dame had they kept it close. But no, it was over at halftime. No one thinks it would go any differently in the playoff. I say let's give San Jose State a chance.

Reactions: jteten
They beat them when Clemson didn't have their starting qb or best defensive player. Both of those guys are playing this game and it's obvious Norte Dame doesn't belong.

wait ... are you saying that squeaking out a 7 point win (ND 47 Clem 40) against a team playing their backup QB is a crap win?

I must admit the ND fan base playing grab ass after beating a team playing their backup was embarrassing but then again Clemson was a top 5 team ... it wasn’t like they had to come from behind to narrowly beat a bottom feeder like Kansas or Vanderbilt who were playing their backup

Last edited:
Not sure you can put in T A&M then if you din’t put ND in. A&M got trashed by Bama already by 30. Notre Dame at least beat Clemson even though against a backup qb. Still think ND gets in over A&M. This might be a goid case actually for Cincy to sneak in, but highly doubtful

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nd deserving, they’re a top 4 team. Better resume than Ohio state and far better than am.

wait ... are you saying that squeaking out a 7 point win (ND 47 Clem 40) against a team playing their backup QB is a crap win?

I must admit the ND fan base playing grab ass after beating a team playing their backup was embarrassing but then again Clemson was a top 5 team ... it wasn’t like they had to come from behind to narrowly beat a bottom feeder like Kansas or Vanderbilt
no one is arguing that

I must admit the ND fan base playing grab ass after beating a team playing their backup was embarrassing but then again Clemson was a top 5 team ... it wasn’t like they had to come from behind to narrowly beat a bottom feeder like Kansas or Vanderbilt who were playing their backup
No it was a good win, always is when you beat Clemson. It was a good win and Notre Dame is a good team, but there's a difference between good and playoff level and Notre Dame isn't there.

giphy.gif

Reactions: headcard
Valid point ... I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye but I think we can agree that Neb gets boat raced like ND if Rutgers has their starting QB

I knew what you were doing the whole time. Most of us probably saw through your crap, but yeah Lawrence and Rutgers starting qb are the same level of talent.

Maybe spend less time trolling and more time looking for a job. With hard work, and some luck you might be able to move out of your mom’s basement one day.

Yes Noah Vedral is equal to Trevor Lawrence

it’s all relative my good man

ND has one of the top defenses in the nation

Vedral vs Neb defense is equivalent to Lawrence vs ND defense

have no doubt Neb would have made Vedral look every bit the equal of Lawrence

Your true agenda finally comes through. You were just waiting for someone to say something so you could use that line.

It is truly killing you that Husker fans aren't as miserable as you are today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thortulz and WHCSC
I would put ND in over OSU. They beat Clemson yes I know without Lawrence. Played more a schedule. Also beat North Carolina who I wouldn't be surprised would be tougher than anyine OSU faced this year.

Reactions: Chuck003
I would put ND in over OSU. They beat Clemson yes I know without Lawrence. Played more a schedule. Also beat North Carolina who I wouldn't be surprised would be tougher than anyine OSU faced this year.
Nobody has beat OSU. That should count for something. The playoffs should include every unbeaten team, and if there aren't enough unbeaten teams it should then become subjective.

This year the playoffs should include Alabama, Cincinnati, (assuming both win tonight), OSU, SJSU, and Coastal Carolina. Osu and san jose should have a play in game since they have the fewest wins.

Reactions: lazysunday
Clemson, Alabama, and OSU are in the playoff invitational for sure. Basically situation normal. Now its down to 2 teams that have been beaten by 2 of the other teams in the playoff for the final spot. Meanwhile, a couple of undefeated teams don't even get a shot in favor of a rematch that doesn't need to be played.

Don't forget that OSU is going to get throttled and embarrassed in the playoffs. They don't stand a chance against Clemson or Alabama. Whoever fills the last slot could be at lease a little entertaining. I'd love a BIG team to put up a fight but I have massive doubts about OSU.

Reactions: Chuck003
You can't put San Jose or Coastal or Cincy in because those teams would get killed by Bama.

Semifinal games over the 6 years we've had a playoff. Literally a 50% blowout rate:

Oregon 59, FSU 20
Clemson 37, OU 17
Bama 38, Sparty 0
Clem 31, Ohio St 0
Clem 30, ND 3
LSU 63, OU 28

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
I could see Notre Dame had they kept it close. But no, it was over at halftime. No one thinks it would go any differently in the playoff. I say let's give San Jose State a chance.
Yeah, it is pretty hard for anybody to pick ND at this point knowing that there is one team already in the Final Four that they have no chance against.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT