ADVERTISEMENT

People discounting the “bad” teams we have beat…

RBigredMax

Senior
Mar 23, 2023
For the last 5-6 years we are one of the worst teams in the country. When other teams get their schedule “Nebraska” is circled as the W by the team and fans. We have the longest non-bowl streak currently in all of D1 football.

If we are going to climb up the hill - we have to beat teams that are on our level - MN, NW, IL. I get that is tough to fathom but it is who we are. Excited to see us beat IL because they have stuck it to us the last 3. Will be excited to get payback on NW in a couple of weeks.

I’m happy with any W at this point and someone posted a few years ago we were 0-6 losing to non-power5 teams in Golden Tee’s first year … all I heard was complaining about previous staff and throwing players under the bus for the first two years.

Love Rhule for taking immediate responsibility for the team and the players. He’s not bitching because we lost our top 2 backs, he’s not complaining when we lose our top couple of receivers. He’s building something and it starts with beating teams at our level so we can start beating the mid-tier teams and then competing with the big dogs.

Fans are impatient to get back to the nine-win era, but this is a total rebuilding project from literally nothing. Bill Snyder at Kansas State did not have a winning record until his third season, and won nine games with a bowl victory in his 5th season. That is the kind of ground-up project Rhule is undertaking. This isn't Oklahoma under Bob Stoops or Texas under Mack Brown, where they inherited a talent-filled roster that just needed motivation and direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT