king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. Pac 12
T4. ACC/B1G

SEC far and away the best. not even close.

Big 12 will be just as good if not better than last year's group, which saw its 2nd place team make a run to the National Title game

Pac 12 might be the most fun conference in its final year of existence. most of the nation's best and most experienced quarterbacks are out west.

ACC looks a little B1G-ish with two teams far and away above the rest (Clemson, FSU)

B1G is the league with the most variance, as nearly half the teams are debuting new coaches and only 2 QBs with any kind of accomplishments return. one for that faux blue blood up north and the other is Tua's little brother. lot of other conference retreads taking their first B1G snaps this fall. might be an especially crappy year for our beloved B1G.

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon and Hford
SEC, of course.

B1G has two legit top 10 teams, so I can't rank them last, I'll save that distinction for the PAC.

Then it's a crap shoot with the Big 12, ACC both in the middle.
Pac 12 also has 2 top 10 teams, the reigning Heisman winner + 3 more ranked 10-20

ACC and B1G look exactly the same on paper

1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. Pac 12
T4. ACC/B1G

Big 12 will be just as good if not better than last year's group, which saw its 2nd place team make a run to the National Title game

Pac 12 might be the most fun conference in its final year of existence. most of the nation's best and most experienced quarterbacks are out west.

ACC looks a little B1G-ish with two teams far and away above the rest (Clemson, FSU)

B1G is the league with the most variance, as nearly half the teams are debuting new coaches and only 2 QBs with any kind of accomplishments return. one for that faux blue blood up north and the other is Tua's little brother. lot of other conference retreads taking their first B1G snaps this fall. might be an especially crappy year for our beloved B1G.

giphy.gif

That's this year.

Next year:

SEC

BIG

ACC
B12
Pac 12
next year Pac won't even qualify for these rankings

in their first B1G season, USC won't have Caleb Williams, Washington won't have Penix, Oregon won't have Nix

all 3 will take a significant step back, but UCLA will have a 2nd year 5* starter, so they figure to be better

great addition, as always

I'm willing to bet significant money that there aren't 10 people who post here who watch more college football than I do

plus, I'm always right about the B1G (not difficult, league historically blows), so dismissing my opinion is nothing more than a fool's errand

that's in everyone's unbiased opinion

the SEC and Big 12 win basically all the championships in football, basketball and baseball

there's literally no argument against it

I feel like a lot of people on this board don't value the Big 12 as highly as I (you) do. Maybe I haven't read the opinions that say otherwise and just see the ones against it...but it feels like the Big 12 doesn't get much respect on this board.

I feel like a lot of people on this board don't value the Big 12 as highly as I (you) do. Maybe I haven't read the opinions that say otherwise and just see the ones against it...but it feels like the Big 12 doesn't get much respect on this board.
that's because so many people don't watch college sports and/or don't know what they're watching if they do

B1G so obviously bad every season and people remain shocked when they lose in the CFP (1-7 last 8) or get bounced early in the NCAA tourney (no Elite Eight teams since 2021)

I also think part of the reason for the Big 12 slight in the respect dept is because tons of Husker fans have been predicting the implosion of that league since we left. Like its become so important to be right about that subject, tbey can't see they are literally only behind the SEC in all of mens sports. Now will it stay that way? IDK.

I’m just hear to see the dummies that want to say that the SEC is top heavy and not really a great conference.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. Pac 12
T4. ACC/B1G

B1G is the league with the most variance, as nearly half the teams are debuting new coaches and only 2 QBs with any kind of accomplishments return. one for that faux blue blood up north and the other is Tua's little brother. lot an ,Ohioof other conference retreads taking their first B1G snaps this fall. might be an especially crappy year for our beloved B1G.
Hard to see BIG fourth with Michigan,Ohio State,and Penn State all in the Preseason top 7 teams.

It’s USC, Washington, Utah and UCLA after that it a crapfest.

B1G has much better teams meddling in the middle..
Utah has won the conference 2 years in a row and return their QB
Oregon St went 10-3 last year and added Clemson's QB
Oregon returns their Heisman hopeful QB, as well

what a clueless post

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Oregon St won’t be in the discussion with schedule…. They do have a good chance of beating Wisconsin at home..
B1G teams to do not play well with games being played out to the West coast..
oregon state kicked the shit out of wisc in madison last year as a 17-point underdog

but I'm sure there were tons of excuses for that one, too

B1G has never seen a loss it can't spin into a win somehow some way

pathetic

oregon state kicked the shit out of wisc in madison last year as a 17-point underdog

pathetic
Which has what to do with this game?

Which has what to do with this game?
oregon state should be 10+ point favorites over wisconsin because they're a much better team, not because the game is in the Pacific Time Zone.

the fact you claim the B1G's soft, doughy middle is better than the Pac 12's is laughable

this game is further proof

SEC
PAC 12
BIG
Big 12
ACC

I would have the B1G higher but they always crap the bed in the bowl games that matter (the CFP). If Michigan and Ohio State played for a natty last year, I'd have them as a clear #2. Still though, if Rhule brings NU back and Fickell has Wisconsin in the top 10, then it would be a solid #2 conference.

Pac 12 is stacked this year, although USC looked a little suspect. They still have a really bad defense so they'd fit right in, in the Big 12.

Speaking of which, is this the year all those G5 schools start Big 12 play? Or is that next year? I haven't been keeping up with that conference so I genuinely don't know. If so, might be a lot of fun to watch. But certainly not the Big 12 of yesteryear.

Starting next year only two conferences will matter so these lists are about to be moot.

pathetic

Pretty sure Oregon State and Wisconsin didn’t play last year and they don’t play this year.

Pretty sure Oregon State and Wisconsin didn’t play last year and they don’t play this year.
you're right

wisconsin lost to WASHINGTON STATE last year in madison as 17 point favorites

much, much worse than losing to a good Oregon St team

Pfft, facts don’t matter when Kong is busy bloviating.
saying they lost to Oregon St was a huge benefit of the doubt to Wisc, which, in fact, got beat at home by 7-6 Wash St

I was wrong. much much much worse than I even remembered.

hand up

side note - this same wisc team that lost at home to wash st is the favorite to win the B1G west. good lord this division sucks royally

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT