ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 Gambling

20-15-2 on the year so far in my "Gambling Week X" picks

not bad

early thoughts:

Wazzu +20 @ Oregon
Sparty +24 vs Mich - lot of points in an always weird rivalry game
UNC -23.5 vs UVA
That's pretty damn good. I'm on that Wazzu game as well, but they look so bad last weekend. No sure what the heck is going on.

Reactions: king_kong_

not bad

early thoughts:

Wazzu +20 @ Oregon
UNC -23.5 vs UVA
Why do you like wazzu? They just got crunched by AZ.

Fair, I just wonder how well WSU will bounce back. Plus I think they lost their best rec.
there's been a major home teams win + cover trend in the Pac 12 this year, also

we'll see what each coach is made of

I also expect that number to grow as the week goes on

Reactions: JOHNNY N
To me it's sort of like, "Why pick Illinois to cover vs Maryland when Illinois looked atrocious vs Nebraska the week before?"

Then they go on to win outright.
exactly the same thing

has a lot less to do with the opponent than it does the team that just went out and lost its super bowl the week before

Reactions: HuskerO
To me it's sort of like, "Why pick Illinois to cover vs Maryland when Illinois looked atrocious vs Nebraska the week before?"

Then they go on to win outright.
Maryland isn't Oregon, by a long shot. Losing in overtime to Illinois seems different than getting run off the field by Arizona.

20 points is a lot, so I don't hate it. But Arizona hung a number on them, with their back-up qb (who's pretty good).

I want to agree with you on that one, but I feel like all the small remaining pieces of Sparty's heart were ripped out of their chest against Rutgers. I think they're going to officially quit on the season.

And I also think Harbaugh is going to do everything possible to stomp on their throat.

I want to agree with you on that one, but I feel like all the small remaining pieces of Sparty's heart were ripped out of their chest against Rutgers. I think they're going to officially quit on the season.

And I also think Harbaugh is going to do everything possible to stomp on their throat.
best thing that a bettor can hope for is having you on the other side

Reactions: leodisflowers
Only when it involves Nebraska.
you picked illinois to win the west this year & called McPetras the 2nd best QB in the division behind mordecai.

can't think of anything you've ever correctly predicted.

please post your pick prior to game time on Sat. I'll throw out what I like and just take the opposite for a $500 max bet.

Reactions: leodisflowers

I'm gonna take the over 48.5. UM could probably cover on their own and they also seem willing to give up a sympathy touchdown to their opponent.

not bad

early thoughts:

Wazzu +20 @ Oregon
UNC -23.5 vs UVA
up $350 on the year if a $100 bettor

Maryland isn't Oregon, by a long shot. Losing in overtime to Illinois seems different than getting run off the field by Arizona.

20 points is a lot, so I don't hate it. But Arizona hung a number on them, with their back-up qb (who's pretty good).
I get it's not a perfect example, but you know what I mean.

Team A plays like crap vs Team B so the following week the line for Team C looks like easy money vs Team A, then Team A rocks that line vs Team C.

Well what about Washington St getting their teeth kicked in by Arizona.
This year, after a loss, these teams are a combined 19-0 against the spread:

N Dame
K State
W. Kentucky
Colo St 3-0
LSU
Rice
Arizona 3-0
N. Mex State 3-0
Tennessee

** Edited

Last edited:
Gophers +3.5 vs Iowa
PSU +5.5 vs OSU
Duke +14.5 vs FSU
Wisconsin/Illinois under 42.5
Nwestern/Nebraska under 40.5

Just for fun:

Utah +7
OU -17.5
Houston +23.5
Iowa -3.5 (Ew)
Penn State +5 (And wins straight up. This one is for my PSU family, lol. But I do think the Nits have a good chance to win)

BYU +3 (and +130 ML)
West Va -3
Ohio st -4
FAU +2.5
Auburn +6.5

And, of course, Huskers -10.5

Added: Huskers team total OVER 26.5 (+100)

UCLA -17

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT