ADVERTISEMENT

B1G bowl games

I agree.... BUT (!) at least 3 of those teams are also listing Nebraska on their own list of how they realistically get to 6 wins.

Michael Richards Yes GIF

Guys, I know this is the rational view and that we all convince ourselves it's okay. But it still sucks. It's hard to believe that we couldn't put six wins together when you see the absolute trash teams that are playing this week. Looking at next year's schedule and the fact that we'll almost certainly be playing a freshman QB, I could easily see a scenario where a year from now we're saying, "maybe next year." This year's schedule was a gift.

Am I in the running for the Debbie Downer award? I'm not usually like this!
Not disagreeing with you and yes it stinks . But when dealt a lemon make lemonade. In this case it's hard lemonade

no, they were paid for their Name, Image or Likeness.

Exactly, so follow through and earn the money they were paid. They're paid to create a winning team, part of that is the bowl game. I guess if isn't the championship then you can take your ball and go home. A quitter mentality is acceptable in today's world I guess.
One day were bagging on Frost and team for opting out of a bowl game but today your saying it's just fine these kids are fine for shoving it up their teammates azz by not playing.

After 1Q and it looks like Rutgers is going to have their way with Canes.

Looks like a 5 game bowl losing streak coming..

no, it's what happens when teams don't give a shit.

elements won't matter in the playoffs.
Elements are not a factor in the Peach bowl either and both teams want to win this one and it’s New Years6 bowl game..

Orange bowl is a sad state of affair with FSU not wanting to prove they were subbed by beating the two time defending champions..

Reactions: king_kong_
I'll share this from another bowl thread...

The Peach Bowl between Penn St and 'Ol Miss is super entertaining. From the offensive fireworks to the Rebels sideline antics of slam dunking basketballs to shooting off fire extinguishers.

I didn't plan on watching this game as I hate anything Lane Kiffin related.

I'll share this from another bowl thread...

The Peach Bowl between Penn St and 'Ol Miss is super entertaining. From the offensive fireworks to the Rebels sideline antics of slam dunking basketballs to shooting off fire extinguishers.

I didn't plan on watching this game as I hate anything Lane Kiffin related.
Missing a good one. Pedo state is going down. I hate anything pedo state related.

Reactions: king_kong_
Missing a good one. Pedo state is going down. I hate anything pedo state related.
PSU is getting owned on national television. Honestly, Franklin is just a slightly higher-performing Kirk. Not a shot at Iowa, just my honest opinion. Both coaches have a ceiling and it's on full display. I think PSU was better as an independent.

PSU is getting owned on national television. Honestly, Franklin is just a slightly higher-performing Kirk. Not a shot at Iowa, just my honest opinion. Both coaches have a ceiling and it's on full display. I think PSU was better as an independent.
Ahhh took TO 21 years to win a national championship..
Not saying Franklin going to win one but he has won 3 New Years6 bowl games and has played in 5 New Years6 bowl games…

If Rhule does that in 10 years I’d be satisfied..

Ahhh took TO 21 years to win a national championship..
Not saying Franklin going to win one but he has won 3 New Years6 bowl games and has played in 5 New Years6 bowl games…

If Rhule does that in 10 years I’d be satisfied..
EDIT: Franklin is 1-9 vs OSU and 3-7 vs MeCheatin, including getting blown out in 22 by 41-17.

I'm not saying he's Mike Riley, but with the classes he's pulled in I think his ceiling is pretty clear.

Lane Kiffen took over a program that hadn’t had a winning record in the prior 4 years. He is in year 4 and has never had losing season - gone to a bowl every single year and in 4 years has a 10 win and an 11 win season all while playing in the SEC

Some coaches, programs and fans are serious about winning. Others drone on about “process”

Reactions: oldjar07
Tre Harris is an absolute stud, even I can see that, although I am just an idiot who doesn't know football, according to the group of sunshine pumpers who inhabit this board.

Lane Kiffen took over a program that hadn’t had a winning record in the prior 4 years. He is in year 4 and has never had losing season - gone to a bowl every single year and in 4 years has a 10 win and an 11 win season all while playing in the SEC

Some coaches, programs and fans are serious about winning. Others drone on about “process”
Yep, Ole Miss has the #1 transfer portal recruiting class and will be even better next year. Top 5 team for sure. Going to be tough for them to replace Harris, but they've got Juice Wells commited who is a stud WR himself.

Reactions: DantesRings
Happy Valley ain't so happy.

• Haha
Reactions: dberickson
Yep, Ole Miss has the #1 transfer portal recruiting class and will be even better next year. Top 5 team for sure. Going to be tough for them to replace Harris, but they've got Juice Wells commited who is a stud WR himself.
That’s because their athletic department isn’t siphoning away donor/NIL funds to be used for idiotic things like stadium renovations that have zero relevance to on field performance
As I said, some programs are serious about winning

Living in Pennsylvania my whole life and with Nebraska being bad at football these days I admittedly occasionally wish I had become another PSU fan. Don't take that too literally. Today is not one of those days. Lol.

That said I'm really surprised PSU is going owned like this today. I know half their defense opted out and the D-coordinator left but damn this is embarrassing for the Nits

Last edited:
Reactions: Laner2
Omg that is awesome! How’d you do that?
Same dipshit.
1995skersbestteamever
Carlpuhlini
Moderator guy
Bigtimebooster
Censoredagain
Newbie Again
Football fans
Redzonetickets
DepressedHusker2
Williamwallacegibson
Recruitinganalyst_worldwide
Optionfootball69
Meltuckerscellphone
Meltuckercellphone
Mattrhuletongue
Danjameson
Waynehoward

All these were the same dude who must have been just bored with life.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
That’s because their athletic department isn’t siphoning away donor/NIL funds to be used for idiotic things like stadium renovations that have zero relevance to on field performance
As I said, some programs are serious about winning
People will be upset with this, but you're absolutely right. Completely idiotic timing on a stadium "upgrade" which will reduce capacity by 15,000 seats. The only thing that matters for on field results are coaching and the players. And yet the mindset of the majority in this state don't want to pay the going rate for those things.

Reactions: DantesRings
People will be upset with this, but you're absolutely right. Completely idiotic timing on a stadium "upgrade" which will reduce capacity by 15,000 seats. The only thing that matters for on field results are coaching and the players. And yet the mindset of the majority in this state don't want to pay the going rate for those things.
Riddle me this Oldjar - what contributions are you making? You seem more than happy to spend other people’s money for them.

Stadium upgrades and football facilities are forward thinking projects, they are not, “what have you done for me lately” projects. Trev knows the in-home viewing experience is at an all-time high and needs to make changes to keep the gameday atmosphere great. In addition to on-field play there are other decisions going into gameday experiences.

Continue to sit on your disgruntled throne and question, without consequence, every leader’s decision while offering jack crap of your own other than saying we need to be better right now … bla bla bla.

You and Dante need to meet up and have a good cry.

Riddle me this Oldjar - what contributions are you making? You seem more than happy to spend other people’s money for them.

Stadium upgrades and football facilities are forward thinking projects, they are not, “what have you done for me lately” projects. Trev knows the in-home viewing experience is at an all-time high and needs to make changes to keep the gameday atmosphere great. In addition to on-field play there are other decisions going into gameday experiences.

Continue to sit on your disgruntled throne and question, without consequence, every leader’s decision while offering jack crap of your own other than saying we need to be better right now … bla bla bla.

You and Dante need to meet up and have a good cry.
Much more than you know. And no, I'd never squander money on this program with the state it's been in like those Sandhills folks seem content to do. There's at least a thousand other things I'd rather invest in.

Not a great showing from numbers 2 and 3 in the conference. I think they did have more opt outs than their opponents but it doesn’t matter.

Much more than you know. And no, I'd never squander money on this program with the state it's been in like those Sandhills folks seem content to do. There's at least a thousand other things I'd rather invest in.
So then keep complaining how others are spending their money. Thank goodness Trev and others don’t have your opinion or we wouldn’t have new football facilities or landed the top QB recruit in the class.

Instead of being negative all the time without contributing anything - maybe you should be thankful for the support going into the program.

What do you care about it, you don’t even attend the games… I seat at times in that end zone and I applaud that Trev is doing this..

What do you care about it, you don’t even attend the games… I seat at times in that end zone and I applaud that Trev is doing this..
How the hell would you know? Fyi, I've attended at least one game every season for the last decade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT