ADVERTISEMENT

B1G bowl games

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
What will be the record of the B1G conference this season?

Utah-6.5 / NW O/U42
Goofers -3.5/ Bowling Green -3.5. O/U39
Miami Fl-1/ Rutgers O/U 041
Mizzou-2.5/ Ohio St O/U49
Auburn-2.5/ Maryland O/U50
Penn St -4/ Ole Miss O/U 48.5
LSU -8/ Wisky O/U55
Vols-8/ Ioway. O/U36
Meechigan -1.5/ BAMA. O/U45

LSU stands out like a sore thumb especially if Mr Heisman plays…
Mizzou and tOSU looks like a very interesting and fun game.

Thoughts?

Utah-6.5 / NW O/U42
LSU -8/ Wisky O/U55
Vols-8/ Ioway. O/U36

Thoughts?
I think I read that LSU Heisman QB is skipping the bowl.

Utah-6.5 / NW O/U42
LSU -8/ Wisky O/U55
Vols-8/ Ioway. O/U36

Thoughts?
Daniels already announced he's not playing in the bowl game

Utah-6.5 / NW O/U42
LSU -8/ Wisky O/U55
Vols-8/ Ioway. O/U36

those are my picks against the spread

Last edited:
You have to wait to bet on or at least I do on most of the power 5 bowl games to see who is even playing. So many opt outs and coaching changes still coming for a ton of these teams.

Reactions: scarletred
So LSU’s qb must be afraid of Wisconsin if we use your smooth-brain logic
He‘s the Heisman winner pea brain and 1st round pick..
Name those 6 FSU players that will be drafted in the first round that are opted out..

I said opting out not being a first rounder..

Nick Sabin says🖕🏼

He‘s the Heisman winner pea brain and 1st round pick..
Name those 6 FSU players that will be drafted in the first round that are opted out..

I said opting out not being a first rounder..

Nick Sabin says🖕🏼
Nick saban gets paid if those guys get hurt or not so of course he wants them to play. Any draft pick shouldn’t be criticized for sitting out a meaningless game. Extended playoff should help with this

Likely first round picks:
Keon Coleman WR
Jared Verse DE

Benson RB - late round 1 or early round 2
Wilson WR - round 2
Bell TE - Round 4

Nick saban gets paid if those guys get hurt or not so of course he wants them to play. Any draft pick shouldn’t be criticized for sitting out a meaningless game. Extended playoff should help with this
matter of opinion.. I’m not going to bicker on Christmas holiday…

don’t derail the thread..

Last edited:
Opting out aught to be a forfeiture of a large percentage of the players NIL. They were paid for their services and didn't see it through.
no, they were paid for their Name, Image or Likeness.

Watching crappy B1G teams playing in bowls is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. I know, we're Nebraska.... "Next Year!" Sorry, I'm just going to wallow in it a bit. It's pathetic and maddening that we're not in one.

……As a football player. The minute they stop being that, their valuation goes down
certainly true for some.

most football players' valuations improve as soon as their playing careers are over, however.

7th straight bowl win by the Gophers. 👍
Let’s keep it all in perspective..

Their still worse than Ioway in New Year 6 bowls..

They’ve only won one in their whole entire history back in 1962 before Devaney arrived in Lincoln..

certainly true for some.

most football players' valuations improve as soon as their playing careers are over, however.
Huh?

No that’s when they sell insurance and start making the autograph table circuit at sports card shows - getting $10-100 for their signed 8x14”

Huh?

No that’s when they sell insurance and start making the autograph table circuit at sports card shows - getting $10-100 for their signed 8x14”
the average starting entry level salary for a college grad is ~$60k

the vast, vast majority of college football players are not being paid that for their Name, Image and Likeness

thus, their valuations improve when the sun sets on their playing days

yuck

f*ck the B1G

a horseshit 5 win MN team winning does nothing for us

Eh, I get why he'd do it. I'd never cheer for a B1G team just because they're in the B1G, because like you said, f*ck the B1G. But I'm programmed to cheer for common opponents because when they win, it makes us look better. Probably stems from back when we were good enough for those kinds of things to actually matter. Now, you're right, we suck, Minn sucks, the whole B1G West sucks. Any of them winning or losing doesn't do jack for us at this point in the season.

Silver lining. We had more time to try to wrap up this class

Yeah, I actually agree with this. We had much more important things for our program's resources to be allocated toward the last few weeks than preparations for a meaningless bowl game.

Improving the roster/staff > a few extra practices and an exhibition game
Guys, I know this is the rational view and that we all convince ourselves it's okay. But it still sucks. It's hard to believe that we couldn't put six wins together when you see the absolute trash teams that are playing this week. Looking at next year's schedule and the fact that we'll almost certainly be playing a freshman QB, I could easily see a scenario where a year from now we're saying, "maybe next year." This year's schedule was a gift.

Am I in the running for the Debbie Downer award? I'm not usually like this!

Guys, I know this is the rational view and that we all convince ourselves it's okay. But it still sucks. It's hard to believe that we couldn't put six wins together when you see the absolute trash teams that are playing this week. Looking at next year's schedule and the fact that we'll almost certainly be playing a freshman QB, I could easily see a scenario where a year from now we're saying, "maybe next year." This year's schedule was a gift.

Am I in the running for the Debbie Downer award? I'm not usually like this!
we HAVE to beat CU next year.

no two ways around it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT