ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral in Portal?

Read the post to which I was responding. My post will make more sense once you do.

To sum it up, the guy to which I was replying seemed to imply that a degree from South Dakota State was lesser compared to one from Nebraska because South Dakota State plays in a lower football division.

I am well aware that South Dakota State isn't on par with Harvard academically....but they are in the same football division (FCS).

So why compare them in the first place.. We know why..
NOW who is the dumb $&it..

Reactions: Bugeater
And if you want more bad news, Keagan Johnson got a crystal ball to Iowa today. So it looks like Frost is going to lose 2 of the top 3 in-state prospects to other Big Ten West teams.

And if you want more bad news, Keagan Johnson got a crystal ball to Iowa today. So it looks like Frost is going to lose 2 of the top 3 in-state prospects to other Big Ten West teams.
Not sure it looks like we will lose him. That writer is an Iowa guy and 4 of the 5 crystal balls are still for Nebraska, including Wiltfong.

Last edited:
Not sure it looks like we will lose him. That writer is an Iowa guy and 4 of the 5 crystal balls are still for Nebraska, including Wiltfong.

The other crystal balls are from last December. Wiltfong said he's close to changing his C.B. to Iowa based on new information.

The other crystal balls are from last December. Wiltfong said he's close to changing his C.B. to Iowa based on new information.
Where did you see that?

I will say it doesn’t really shock me. It seems like he’s never been that warm toward Nebraska. I’ve always wondered if there were some hard feelings about his brothers not getting offers (not that Iowa or KSU offered them either).

Last edited:
He's gonna go get a starting job opportunity somewhere for his final 2 years. A caveat to this is Luke becomes a primary backup at QB, can't really afford to use him at WR (eventual starter if AM struggles obviously). He gave the big ten a shot and didn't necessarily perform well. Where he ends up will be interesting.

I don't think it's fair to label Gebbia a 4 star fraud. He lost the Oregon St job to Jake Luton who was a returning starter and was drafted this past week. Oregon St surprisingly had 6 players drafted. Gebbia is set to start next season.

I also don't view Patrick O'Brien as a 4 star fraud. We all know the arm talent is there. POB took over as starter at Colorado St last season and the former starter is transferring out.

Frost had talent at QB, he just wanted someone mobile for his system and landed a top dual recruit.
Neither of these QBs sniffed the talent level of AM, Mac, and Smothers

1. Slow-playing Gebbia
2. The cute shell-game he played with “injuries” or whatever you want to call it last year.
3. Joe Burrow
Slow playing? Having a QB competition for fall camp is slow playing?

Don't have any idea what you mean by a shell game.

No one knew what was going to happen with Joe Burrow, and honestly, he wouldn't be where is now.

I agree with you on the playing aspect of things.

Your comment on getting a degree from a lower division school, however, I don't quite get.

South Dakota State is in the same FB division as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc....and I don't think people would say that a degree from Harvard is a degree from a lower division school compared to Nebraska. I doubt Nebraska is a tougher school to get into than South Dakota State.
You seriously think that a degree from SD State has the same value as a degree from Nebraska? Really?

Best of luck to Vedral, but it is a shame he didn't stay and move to WR. I had my Wes Welker/Julian Edleman comparisons all teed up and ready to go.

Reactions: TheBeav815
tenor.gif

Where did you see that?

I will say it doesn’t really shock me. It seems like he’s never been that warm toward Nebraska. I’ve always wondered if there were some hard feelings about his brothers not getting offers (not that Iowa or KSU offered them either).

Wiltfong posted on Iowa's 247 board.

I think firing Walters set us back with Keagan, but it's still not good to lose an in-state legacy recruit to Iowa. If Clester isn't sold on Scott Frost, his former teammate - that's not a good sign.

Last edited:
You seriously think that a degree from SD State has the same value as a degree from Nebraska? Really?
In reality it isn't that much different. It would depend somewhat on what field the degree is in but engineering graduates from SDSU have similar job placements to ones from NU. SDSU's reputation is as an ag and engineering campus and their job placement record is very good for their grads in those fields. In general companies like to hire Nebraska and SDSU grads for similar reasons.

I think firing Walters set us back with Keagan, but it's still not good to lose an in-state legacy recruit to Iowa. I don't think you can blame hard feelings about Mike Riley not offering his brothers. If former players are already losing faith in Frost, that's not good.
You're reading too much in to what one kid does. Keagan's dad loves Frost but this is the kid's decision. I had classmates in post grad school who grew up in Lincoln and hated NU and the Huskers. That was 40 years ago when things were going pretty darned well for the Huskers.

At least research a little before you pop off about another program. Gebbia rode the pine last year because they had a QB that put Martinez to shame. Luton put up some great stats, the team as a whole just isnt very talented.

OK

Luton - 11.5 games
Passing 222-358, 2,714 yards, 62%, 28 TD, RTG 149
Rushing 44 for -87 yards, 1 TD
Total Yards - 2,627

Martinez - 10 games
Passing 144-251, 1,956 yards, 57%, 10 TDs, RTG 130
Rushing 144 for 626 yards, 7 TDs
Total Yards - 2,582

If you scale up AM to 11.5 games, his total yards are better by 342 yards. Nebraska played a considerably tougher schedule than Oregon State.

Also, AM played injured for his last 4 starts and was only a second year player where Luton was a 5th year player (2 years at JUCO).

Having a hard time with the "put Martinez to shame" comment.

Last edited:
In reality it isn't that much different. It would depend somewhat on what field the degree is in but engineering graduates from SDSU have similar job placements to ones from NU. SDSU's reputation is as an ag and engineering campus and their job placement record is very good for their grads in those fields. In general companies like to hire Nebraska and SDSU grads for similar reasons.
Well, I have engineering degrees from Nebraska and have a good knowledge of both programs, and Nebraska's is light years ahead of SDSU, at least in Engineering.

Weird deal. I was reading Husker Extra on new lineman commit and at the bottom there was a story about Vedral going into portal. I went back to finish reading it and it was gone.

Anyone hear anything?
I amend what I earlier said about Vedral. Before, I didn't know that he is graduating. Be that the case, go ahead and transfer, maybe to another D-1 school. Good luck Noah.

Reactions: Thrasher31
Wow. I would disagree on every front. Vedral was a train wreck playing against Minnesota and hasn’t shown anything to indicate he could have led us to more wins than AM. I also wouldn’t blame him for leaving, to be a starter. It’s one thing to be the second string guy, getting PT and being one snap away from being the guy. But now he has been passed up by Luke and is a third team, guy that would never play. Not sure how a kid choosing to move on in that situation would be an indictment on the staff or program.
I think Vedral showed how improved our oline was at the end of the year...his most successful play was a qb sneak behind the line...and he isn't a great runner nor particularly big or strong...but it showed how reticent AM was to run and how we can be successful if we have a power QB...I don't think many kids can do both throw and run the power game though.

Maybe, maybe not....probably depends on the program/academic area....but I'm pretty sure whether it does or not has nothing to do with the level of football each school plays....which, again, is what was kind of implied.

Have a nice evening.

I think firing Walters set us back with Keagan, but it's still not good to lose an in-state legacy recruit to Iowa. If Clester isn't sold on Scott Frost, his former teammate - that's not a good sign.

Looks like Wiltfong just switched his CB to ? Not a good sign. I don't agree that this is terrible for the program or some sign that former players aren't on board with Frost, but it does look like we could lose another in state kid. I'm sure we will end up with a group of WR's rated just as high or higher than Johnson, but we need to lock down the state sooner than later.

So why compare them in the first place.. We know why..
NOW who is the dumb $&it..
Maybe ask the guy to whom I was replying....

And I see you're stalking me again. First post on this thread is to insult me.

You're kind of creepy, dude.

Last edited:
Looks like Wiltfong just switched his CB to ? Not a good sign. I don't agree that this is terrible for the program or some sign that former players aren't on board with Frost, but it does look like we could lose another in state kid. I'm sure we will end up with a group of WR's rated just as high or higher than Johnson, but we need to lock down the state sooner than later.
Not sure what to think of Johnson. We got a commit tonight and many think we have a another WR on board with Brecht. If we get Skylar Bell* we might not have space for Johnson by the sounds of it.

Reactions: headcard
Not sure what to think of Johnson. We got a commit tonight and many think we have a another WR on board with Brecht. We might not have space for Johnson by the sounds of it.
I'm assuming you're an Iowa fan, but I took a look also and had the same thought. They can use Bruce in a quite a few different positions. I am not sure about Iowa's WR room so I don't know how many they'd take.

I think it would make sense but it depends how the staff feels about the current WR room

You mean we're complaining about losing a guy to Iowa and Iowa may not even want him?
Mods are being tight lipped about it but the guys who usually know what they are talking about seem to think it is a Bell OR Johnson situation. Me, I know nothing, just what is posted.

Fwiw Bell is not supposed to commit for awhile and all the homers are doing the cheesy stuff saying the next one is coming soon. I think Brecht commits within the next couple days and then its Johnson vs Bell on the timeline.

Maybe, maybe not....probably depends on the program/academic area....but I'm pretty sure whether it does or not has nothing to do with the level of football each school plays....which, again, is what was kind of implied.

Have a nice evening.
It's doesn't matter now. He's graduating from UNL and may go to another D1 school.

Why because a 3rd/4th string QB transferred?
no, because a team of freshmen with 2 total draft picks has only won 9 games the past 2 seasons in the 2nd toughest conference in the country.

anyone talking about delusions while also expecting much better have no further to look than the mirror when placing blame for their hurt feelings.

Not trying sidetrack the thread but there really isn't a good place to.put this other than here.

Sounds like you guys are in a good spot with Tyler Maro. This is the kind of guy that has been the backbone to Iowa improving the lines over the years. Get them in and add a little weight. Sounds like he is a pretty good multi sport athlete as well. Getting this guy to walk on would be a dream but he is simply to talented to not let someone pay for his school somewhere.

I don't think we have lost him. However winning makes everything easier that includes recruiting. If Frost has another losing season or IMO can't get above 7 wins. I could see the wheels start falling off recruiting wise.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Weird deal. I was reading Husker Extra on new lineman commit and at the bottom there was a story about Vedral going into portal. I went back to finish reading it and it was gone.

Anyone hear anything?
If Noah wasn't graduating, it made no sense to transfer. A position switch would be better in that situation.

Now that we know that he's graduating, it makes all of the sense in the world for him to transfer. He can find a D-1 program that needs a QB, selling himself with Joe Burrow comparisons (not real but perceived). He then can get his masters degree paid for from another university, a good move.

Maybe he can get some interest from a top end academic institution who has an average football program and needs a QB.

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT