ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral in Portal?

I ,for the most part, agree with what you are saying . The administration is following this path as well.

My concern lies in the System comments, this offense is not a viable system as it operates today. We are not able to move the ball consistantly inside the red zone.

More over, it's not an offense that seems to work against the better Defenses. And I realize we have had issues with the O line.

In additon, the play calling has been poor at best .

The firing of our offensive coordinator gives creadence to my arguement.
I agree, I hope our offensive struggles are a combination Frost learning and adjusting to BIG Ds, Walters being the OC, lack of Frost players/ talent. If we struggle along again this year, then Frost is going to need to take a good hard look at his offense scheme and probably make some major changes. I know some questioned if this type of offense could work consistently in the BIG without being able to pull in top 10 talent.

I agree, I hope our offensive struggles are a combination Frost learning and adjusting to BIG Ds, Walters being the OC, lack of Frost players/ talent. If we struggle along again this year, then Frost is going to need to take a good hard look at his offense scheme and probably make some major changes. I know some questioned if this type of offense could work consistently in the BIG without being able to pull in top 10 talent.
I thought that was what was said about running a pro-style offense here.

Problem was they played the wrong "Different QB" in the Minnesota game. In additon the conditions were terrible for a spread offense. The drives that were put together in the first half were full of penelties and mistakes. Overall the team still plays like it's Frosts first year, he coachs like he not sure who or what scheme is in mind for the offense, MN game was a fine example of that.
Yeah I'm not saying the dismal performance at Minnesota was Vedral's fault by any means. But in the days leading up to that game some self-proclaimed football masterminds swore up and down that Nebraska would win, because Martinez would no longer be a drag on the team. But apparently fixing what was wrong with the offense wasn't quite that simple.

I think he's safe for a fifth year regardless of his record in years 3 and 4 - unless things completely fall apart in year 4. I think making it to year 6 will require a winning record in year 5.
Firing him after year five would put us back into the same old cycle of paying off contracts of former coaches. Remember Moos extended Frost's contract another two years. An extension at Nebraska is usually an indication the coach won't survive. The good old buddy bonus!!

ADVERTISEMENT