ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral in Portal?

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Weird deal. I was reading Husker Extra on new lineman commit and at the bottom there was a story about Vedral going into portal. I went back to finish reading it and it was gone.

Anyone hear anything?

I had heard months ago that he would be a coyote or jackrabbit next year.

That QB room is loaded. Sucks for Vedral, but right or wrong, 2AM is the man for Frost. Vedral can play for sure, but it might be worth finding a school that needs a QB so he can show off and see if the next level is an option.

If we intend on making Nebraska Great Again, we need well above average - to elite QB play. Love Vedral, but to think he could be that guy on this level is not reasonable. I think he will play at a smaller school and do great, and ultimately might find a career in coaching (who knows, might see him in Red again down the road with a headset). I hope he finds a great opportunity to finish his playing career.

It would be logical if he did. I hope he does I love his attitude. It is the attitude we need at Nebraska. We all know he has no chance to play at Nebraska. If his goal is to get to the next level his only chance is to leave. I think if he went to a place like South Dakota St he would be very very good. If he doesn't care about the NFL then might as well stay at Neb .

I personally believe had Vedral been the starter and played all year, we would have ended up with a better record than what we did. That is just hypothetical though. I liked how the offensive tempo looked when he ran the offense.

IF there is any truth to this rumor, then I have to believe there are much bigger problems going on down in Lincoln.

Vedral knew the staff and coach Frost and came up here knowing the odds were against him playing time wise, but still made that trip, and it also showed a lot of loyalty.

So I'm putting the brakes on this one.

If it turns out to be true, then this is a big alarm bell going off for me in multiple ways. I don't need to even know what is going on down there, but I'm looking directly at Scott and thinking enough of this shit.

I had heard months ago that he would be a coyote or jackrabbit next year.
A guy like Vedral needs to look at the big picture of his life. He's been able to play in Florida for a year on an undefeated team. He's gotten some meaningful playing time for Nebraska. He has 2 years left.

He can decide to stay here and get his degree from a B10 school, or move on to a lower division school to get to "play" for another 2 years, getting his degree from a lower division school.

The kid's not going to get drafted or get a FA deal from an NFL team.

If I were him, I might explore the idea of being a slot receiver. With JD probably not coming back and much of the receiving corps new, he might find a role there that allows him to stay and help the team.

Didn’t want to goad anyone into posting in this thread, but I can’t say I’m surprised to see a certain poster come to the aid of his favorite player.

If Vedral transfers, before throwing Frost under the bus, find out why he transferred. If he legitimately wants to play and feels like his best chance is elsewhere, especially as blue chip QBs continue to sign with the huskers, why is that a sign that Frost is worse than Satan?

Didn’t want to goad anyone into posting in this thread, but I can’t say I’m surprised to see a certain poster come to the aid of his favorite player.

If Vedral transfers, before throwing Frost under the bus, find out why he transferred. If he legitimately wants to play and feels like his best chance is elsewhere, especially as blue chip QBs continue to sign with the huskers, why is that a sign that Frost is worse than Satan?
Because Matt Turman bro

A guy like Vedral needs to look at the big picture of his life. He's been able to play in Florida for a year on an undefeated team. He's gotten some meaningful playing time for Nebraska. He has 2 years left.

He can decide to stay here and get his degree from a B10 school, or move on to a lower division school to get to "play" for another 2 years, getting his degree from a lower division school.

The kid's not going to get drafted or get a FA deal from an NFL team.

If I were him, I might explore the idea of being a slot receiver. With JD probably not coming back and much of the receiving corps new, he might find a role there that allows him to stay and help the team.
Not so fast my friend. Easton Stick ring a bell? Nebraska kid, played at a lower level drafted and now a member of the Chargers.

Well, because Frost has turned the QB situation(competition, injury info, transparency, production) into a botched abortion.

I agree Frost could have handled the QB situation better, but if Vedral were to transfer, is that the straw that broke the camel’s back? Is it time to pull the plug on Frost as Nikki implies?

Not to me it isn’t.

Reactions: bshirt73
I agree Frost could have handled the QB situation better, but if Vedral were to transfer, is that the straw that broke the camel’s back? Is it time to pull the plug on Frost as Nikki implies?

Not to me it isn’t.

No, but he has clearly stepped on his d!ck too many times with QBs. He’s got his work cut out for him.

I personally believe had Vedral been the starter and played all year, we would have ended up with a better record than what we did. That is just hypothetical though. I liked how the offensive tempo looked when he ran the offense.

IF there is any truth to this rumor, then I have to believe there are much bigger problems going on down in Lincoln.

Vedral knew the staff and coach Frost and came up here knowing the odds were against him playing time wise, but still made that trip, and it also showed a lot of loyalty.

If it turns out to be true, then this is a big alarm bell going off for me in multiple ways. I don't need to even know what is going on down there, but I'm looking directly at Scott and thinking enough of this shit.
Wow. I would disagree on every front. Vedral was a train wreck playing against Minnesota and hasn’t shown anything to indicate he could have led us to more wins than AM. I also wouldn’t blame him for leaving, to be a starter. It’s one thing to be the second string guy, getting PT and being one snap away from being the guy. But now he has been passed up by Luke and is a third team, guy that would never play. Not sure how a kid choosing to move on in that situation would be an indictment on the staff or program.

Wow. I would disagree on every front. Vedral was a train wreck playing against Minnesota and hasn’t shown anything to indicate he could have led us to more wins than AM. I also wouldn’t blame him for leaving, to be a starter. It’s one thing to be the second string guy, getting PT and being one snap away from being the guy. But now he has been passed up by Luke and is a third team, guy that would never play. Not sure how a kid choosing to move on in that situation would be an indictment on the staff or program.
Vedral played 6 or 7 quarters and led the team, great tempo and all, to 17 points.

No, but he has clearly stepped on his d!ck too many times with QBs. He’s got his work cut out for him.
Please explain because I don't know what you're talking about.

Frost came in here with 3 QBs in the program. The returning starter decided to turn pro, but even if he hadn't, there is no way he could have run Frost's offense as he's probably the slowest QB to play here since the 1950s.

The other 2 QBs were 4-star recruits, but that was a fraud. Neither of them has broken into the starting lineup at the schools where they transferred, not exactly football powerhouses.

He had to play AM. There was really no choice. We had to bite the bullet until we could get some more young talent into the system. We have that now, and as such, Vedral has been recruited over.

I'm anxious to see a healthy and more grown up AM (along with Jurgens not snapping the ball over his head all the time) this fall.

What a thread. First we have a kid who isn't in the portal being put into the portal, and then we have him in the NFL when he's never won a college starting job. Let's not get ridiculous. I've seen nothing in terms of running or throwing that establishes Vedral as somebody to be even an Undrafted Free Agent let alone actually go in the NFL draft.

But after all this is the same board that had Adrian going in the first round this past weekend after his freshman year. So I shouldn't be surprised.

If his last name wasn't Vedral we're not having any of this conversation.

If Noah Vedral can't look at himself in the mirror for the rest of his life without being a starting QB somewhere, then yes, he should transfer. I can't see him clearing Martinez and McCaffrey this year.

They'll try hard to keep Smothers' redshirt if there's a season so your most likely scenario for NV to start is if Martinez and McCaffrey are both hurt and they don't want to burn Logan's shirt.

Frost came in here with 3 QBs in the program. The returning starter decided to turn pro, but even if he hadn't, there is no way he could have run Frost's offense as he's probably the slowest QB to play here since the 1950s.

The other 2 QBs were 4-star recruits, but that was a fraud. Neither of them has broken into the starting lineup at the schools where they transferred, not exactly football powerhouses.

He had to play AM. There was really no choice. We had to bite the bullet until we could get some more young talent into the system. We have that now, and as such, Vedral has been recruited over.

I'm anxious to see a healthy and more grown up AM (along with Jurgens not snapping the ball over his head all the time) this fall.
I don't think it's fair to label Gebbia a 4 star fraud. He lost the Oregon St job to Jake Luton who was a returning starter and was drafted this past week. Oregon St surprisingly had 6 players drafted. Gebbia is set to start next season.

I also don't view Patrick O'Brien as a 4 star fraud. We all know the arm talent is there. POB took over as starter at Colorado St last season and the former starter is transferring out.

Frost had talent at QB, he just wanted someone mobile for his system and landed a top dual recruit.

Not so fast my friend. Easton Stick ring a bell? Nebraska kid, played at a lower level drafted and now a member of the Chargers.
Easton Stick had a pro arm. Vedral does not even remotely have the arm to play in the NFL. IF Vedral leaves it will be because he wants to be the man and with the athletes we have at QB now, that just isn't going to happen at NU. I like the idea of him playing receiver if he sticks around. Heaven knows we're going to be EXTREMELY short on WRs who know the offense IF we have a season this fall. Vedral is athletic enough IMO to pull it off.

Easton Stick had a pro arm. Vedral does not even remotely have the arm to play in the NFL. IF Vedral leaves it will be because he wants to be the man and with the athletes we have at QB now, that just isn't going to happen at NU. I like the idea of him playing receiver if he sticks around. Heaven knows we're going to be EXTREMELY short on WRs who know the offense IF we have a season this fall. Vedral is athletic enough IMO to pull it off.

Harrison beck has a pro arm to, your point?

I suspect Vedral thought he had a leg up on the competition because of his experience and knowledge of Frost's system. He's a good player and a good athlete but we need the position to be Elite.

Vedral showed me that he's nothing more than a serviceable backup that needs good talent around him, which is why he only led us to 17 points.. I think he's good enough to win the #2 job which I believe he will get his chance again. TMart will get injured and we will need a good back up to step in IMO. McCaffrey is very versatile and Frost will use him like Tysom Hill.

Reactions: Thrasher31
Harrison beck has a pro arm to, your point?
The poster I was replying to was implying that Vedral could wind up in the NFL if he got a chance to play, like Easton Stick who the Huskers passed on. My point is that Vedral isn't going to be able to go that route. He's not Lamar Jackson and that being the case he HAS to have extreme arm talent at his size if he wants to play on Sundays. He doesn't. Very good athlete and I think IF given starter reps for Nebraska in practice he could lead the team to wins. Unfortunately for him we've got 2 freshman QBs on the roster who are quite a bit quicker than him. I hope the transfer rumor is just that but I won't blame him if he wants to go somewhere to be the man.

Could very well be good enough. But I would think long and hard about any routes over the middle if accuracy of passes doesn't get better. Those high floaters almost got JD and wandale killed. Being a backup QB, he witnessed first hand

Cnm3cgS.jpg

You take this wayyy too seriously. I suppose there are a few that dislike Frost. Most of us just find it humorous that Frost turned down the eventual Heisman trophy winner and national champion. Frost guessed wrong. But JB9 would not have had all those accolades if he came to NU. He would had the same shitty OL as AM2 and he wouldn't have had all those weapons at LSU. However, he may have been better than AM2 and we would have at least won 6-8 games and gone to a bowl game. Frost is still getting his program set up. Hopefully, he won't miss out on the next Joe Burrow.

Reactions: timnsun
Vedral showed me that he's nothing more than a serviceable backup that needs good talent around him, which is why he only led us to 17 points.. I think he's good enough to win the #2 job which I believe he will get his chance again. TMart will get injured and we will need a good back up to step in IMO. McCaffrey is very versatile and Frost will use him like Tysom Hill.
"Tmart"

There have been several times in the last two years where announcers have called Adrian "Taylor Martinez"

You take this wayyy too seriously. I suppose there are a few that dislike Frost. Most of us just find it humorous that Frost turned down the eventual Heisman trophy winner and national champion. Frost guessed wrong. But JB9 would not have had all those accolades if he came to NU. He would had the same shitty OL as AM2 and he wouldn't have had all those weapons at LSU. However, he may have been better than AM2 and we would have at least won 6-8 games and gone to a bowl game. Frost is still getting his program set up. Hopefully, he won't miss out on the next Joe Burrow.
I do take it too seriously, no doubt. I wasn't thinking of Burrow at all. Was actually more thinking about Nikki's love affair with Vedral and hatred for AM. That's all.

Reactions: bshirt73

1. Slow-playing Gebbia
2. The cute shell-game he played with “injuries” or whatever you want to call it last year.
3. Joe Burrow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT