ADVERTISEMENT

Urban is retiring...again

So if you were an AD, would you try to hire urban meyer?

I don't think is permanently retiring. Will take a one year hiatus. Seems to be his mo. Easy way out of Florida now tOSU.

So next year, IF you were an AD, do you hire Urban with a track record of his??

So if you were an AD, would you try to hire urban meyer?

I don't think is permanently retiring. Will take a one year hiatus. Seems to be his mo. Easy way out of Florida now tOSU.

So next year, IF you were an AD, do you hire Urban with a track record of his??
He won't coach anywhere next year. But would I hire him given that he has won titles at UF and OSU and has never been caught by the NCAA for anything that the program can be sanctioned for? Probably. Obviously that's a hypothetical, I wouldn't replace Frost with him.

At this point you know you're getting ~5 years of dominant football and then it starts going off the rails and his "health issues" start to flare up again.

He won't coach anywhere next year. But would I hire him given that he has won titles at UF and OSU and has never been caught by the NCAA for anything that the program can be sanctioned for? Probably. Obviously that's a hypothetical, I wouldn't replace Frost with him.

At this point you know you're getting ~5 years of dominant football and then it starts going off the rails and his "health issues" start to flare up again.
Yes that's what I meant, one year out of football. And no i didn't mean here .

Just a hypothetical, IF you were an AD somewhere and anticipating an opening, would you hire him?

I wonder what he would consider

While I'm not the biggest Meyer fan and have been critical on more than one occasion, that brain cyst is legit and can be very serious. He's had documented procedures for it and has looked in constant pain this year on the sideline. Don't see him returning to coaching again and could end up as a broadcaster down the road.

Little tidbit about OSU and Meyers....this is the first season since Meyers has been the Head Coach at OSU that the Buckeye's have gone to the Rose Bowl. Strange how things work these days in college football.

Reactions: nebcountry
Little tidbit about OSU and Meyers....this is the first season since Meyers has been the Head Coach at OSU that the Buckeye's have gone to the Rose Bowl. Strange how things work these days in college football.
Yeah he said that he was kinda looking forward to it since he's never played a game there

While I'm not the biggest Meyer fan and have been critical on more than one occasion, that brain cyst is legit and can be very serious. He's had documented procedures for it and has looked in constant pain this year on the sideline. Don't see him returning to coaching again and could end up as a broadcaster down the road.
Never know. If he can get a handle on it and find a way to manage it I think he returns somewhere. Time will tell

Surprised OSU went with Ryan Day over Campbell at Iowa State. I suppose they didnt want to blow the whole thing up. Crazy they hired a guy that has never been a Head Coach when they could have had a guy that has made ISU a perennial top 25 team.

Last edited:
Surprised Bucky went with Ryan Day over Campbell at Iowa State. I suppose they didnt want to blow the whole thing up. Crazy they hired a guy that has never been a Head Coach when they could have had a guy that has made ISU a perennial top 25 team.
Wisconsin has Day as their new coach? ;)

Reactions: TheNewNU
POACH. THEIR. CLASS.

pick-em-up.jpg

Tune in this afternoon.

POACH. THEIR. CLASS.

Lol. Great thread post.

This time I think for good. Nowhere to go but down, he probably sees the Qbs coming in as nowhere nearly as good as Haskins.

He'd do great in the booth if he could, but I doubt many single mothers will tune in...

For sure, I wonder if this is the way admin fired him for the crap at the beginning of the season.
For sure. Urb we have to fire you for being a scumbag but we don't want your legacy here to be tarnished. Take a suspension then finish out the season and agree retire into the sunset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT