ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

It's a message board. You should expect somebody to respond when you post stupid stuff. You, more than anybody, should know that.

He took his ball and went home? You mean he retired. And you are upset about him not coming back to bail out your failed coach? He is retired, genius. It's not his fault your boy sucks.

I don't care about the former coach, I just pointed out you were making stuff up, which you do and gave you a chance to substantiate it, which you can't, of course.

Because, as I said, you are full of BS.
Right there in the contracts. And Yes, Osborne is a dick who does not support anybody but his hires. He refused to come talk to Callahans team early in his tenure. And he made a show of "giving up his box" this year. That is his right, but shows just how bitter he is. He powdered Blos diaper so many times.
Keep fighting for that great guy Blo, maybe some day he will grow a sack and coach at a real level again, not JV. That clown is cashing checks because he is a bitter douche. No wonder Osborne liked him so much.

Right there in the contracts. And Yes, Osborne is a dick who does not support anybody but his hires. He refused to come talk to Callahans team early in his tenure. And he made a show of "giving up his box" this year. That is his right, but shows just how bitter he is. He powdered Blos diaper so many times.
Keep fighting for that great guy Blo, maybe some day he will grow a sack and coach at a real level again, not JV. That clown is cashing checks because he is a bitter douche. No wonder Osborne liked him so much.

You’re running out of strawmen. It was less than a week ago you were worried about Rimingtons hashtags.

I have no idea what Frost wants to do, short term or long term. If Riley fails, I would think Frost would be our primary target though.

I'm gonna exclude NU briefly to make a point. There's certain schools where the ultimate measure of a coaches success hinges upon winning a national championship. And if it's not a national championship, it's years and years of winning at a high level. There's talk of McElwain's seat getting warm and Florida (3-3 so far this year) has won the division both years of his time there. Take a guy like Harbaugh, will he be considered successful if he doesn't win a NC. Some people on here say Harbaugh is failing and they've won 10 games both years. We're not the only meat grinder when it comes to coaching expectations.

I think there are coaches that are happy right where they are. Maybe Frost likes it where he's at, maybe he wants to come back to NU, or maybe he's waiting on one of the highest NC probability schools to come calling. I don't know.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I don't believe that any lucid Nebraska fan thinks that way. There are exactly zero Nebraska fans that have posted that in here.
Thinking you can probably hire a native son coach with less than two years experience from UCF now equals thinking you can do what you want, get anyone you want. These guys are insufferable. I've never seen such a bad case of little mans sysndrome.

Last edited:
There are plenty in here saying exactly the opposite. That NU can do what they want, get who they want, any they will say yes. And if they don't, well, it means NU didn't really want them anyway. I think the fact that someone like Riley was hired anyway - from a mediocre to bottom tier P5 OSUw program shows that just may not be the case anymore.

And a coaching leaving at some point? Ok, welcome to modern college football? We'll see assuming Riley is let go at the end of the year and Frost is called up if he starts working on a new red themed wardrobe, though.

Us hiring Riley was as much a function of Harvey Perlman hiring an unproven Athletic Director that had zero contacts in the coaching community as it was Nebraska losing all of its cache as a program. We'll see all of this play out in about 5 weeks from now, when a guy that is well-connected (Moos) makes a strong hire when he lets Mike Riley go.

You’re running out of strawmen. It was less than a week ago you were worried about Rimingtons hashtags.
My nuts are really tired of fan boys like you tugging on them. Tommy Boy AD is gone, but the damage is done. Message received Nation Wide that we don't need no damn talented kids here with darker pigment in their skin.

My nuts are really tired of fan boys like you tugging on them. Tommy Boy AD is gone, but the damage is done. Message received Nation Wide that we don't need no damn talented kids here with darker pigment in their skin.

Times really are tough for you and your boy MR. But hey, you being worried about a hashtag is like Harvey Weinstein being worried about the NRA. Tough look.

You’re still not following your agreement of two hashtags on all posts.

Yeah, TO did damage with his hires, but this isn't a black and white issue. And I'm not talking skin color. I'm saying that just because people think it's more important to get a good coaching staff hired than it is to worry about a recruiting class...doesn't mean that we also believe we should fill all future classes with 5-heart players.

We can get a good coaching staff in place, that will be able to recruit at very least better than average. Unless coaches just take the summer off (Solich, and to a lesser degree Bo), coaches will always be able to recruit Top 25 classes here. The difference will be finding the coaching staff that can take 3 and 4-Star talent and develop it. It's being done all around us in the West Division, so it's not a stretch to think that we should be able to do it too, with better talent than is being recruited at Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and Purdue.

The funny thing about this whole conversation is ....

Husker fans are acting like UCF fans think Frost will stay forever ... when we know that isn't the truth.

UCF fans are acting like Husker fans think it is guaranteed that Frost will leave for Nebraska .... when most of us know that isn't the truth either. (the rational thinking ones).

This is spot on, no UCF fan thinks that SF will be here long term, and I've only seen a few NU fans think that SF to NU is a slam dunk.

Last edited:
I know Nebraska is a shadow of its former self. But even our shadow is more impressive than the entirety of UCF football as it now stands. Ditto for a team like Tennessee. UCF has a long ways to go before it thinks it can go toe to toe with a blue blood program for the services of top notch coaches.

This is the exact frame of thought that has led to Nebraska and Tennessee living in the shadow of their former selves.

Good post. But the million dollar question is this: how ambitious is Scott Frost with regard to his coaching career? If he has little ambition and just wants a safe and secure school where he can pocket millions while raising his kids in sunny Florida then he will stay. But if he is ambitious (and I think he is) he views his current job as a stepping stone and not a destination. And as I said elsewhere, Frost has to know that his stock as a head coach for a blue blood power 5 team may never be higher than it is right now. The iron is hot NOW.
If a blue blood P5 team offers Frost millions, he will leave UCF in a heartbeat.

Now it's ambition? Wow.

What? You don't think Frost has ambition for his career? Wow.

You know very well what I was referring to. Or... maybe you don't. You guys are a... special... bunch.

I'm referring to your post that suggested if he stays at UCF then he has no ambition but if he leaves, then he's clearly ambitious. Such a joke.

I'll take beating a bunch of "nobodies" than say... losing to a MAC team not even leading their division.
You do realize that MAC team has been better than UCF the last ten years and over that time has beaten some pretty good programs.

Listen guys, I get it. You lived through the highest echelons of success back in the 90s and a lot of you are yearning to get that feeling and sense of accomplishment back to Lincoln, Nebraska. I totally understand and I have no reason to want to prevent that from happening. I wish your school and football program much future success.

Here's the problem. Your program (and fans) are resting on the laurels of that past success as a determinant for why Nebraska is such a powerhouse today. The thing is... it's not a powerhouse. You're something like 3-17 in your last 20 games against Top 25 teams. You've beaten like 2 teams with a winning record in the last few years. You haven't won a championship of any sort in ages. What has Nebraska accomplished of significance in this millennium?

Yet according to your fans, you're light years better than those mid-level P5 programs. Well, the reality is that Nebraska is bordering on being a mid-level P5 program. You're not a national championship threat. Heck, you're not even a conference championship threat.

Yes, I get it. Nebraska accomplished more in a three-year period in the 90s than UCF has as a program. And? One program is trending upwards and has been for over a decade. The other has been trending downward.

If you had the option of a rising boat or a sinking boat, which would you choose?

Reactions: Jmurphytn1
You do realize that MAC team has been better than UCF the last ten years and over that time has beaten some pretty good programs.

They actually have not, further proving your knowledge of college football outside of Nebraska. They've had exactly one great season (2012) in which they went to the Orange Bowl and got humiliated by Florida State. They have beaten no one of note.

During that same span, UCF has had four 10+ win seasons including bowl wins over Georgia and No. 5 Baylor. They won 3 conference championships to UCF's 4.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
You know very well what I was referring to. Or... maybe you don't. You guys are a... special... bunch.

I'm referring to your post that suggested if he stays at UCF then he has no ambition but if he leaves, then he's clearly ambitious. Such a joke.
NO you missed the point, what he is saying very clearly is that the most ambitious coaches want the highest challenge which is coaching at a blue blood program and playing the best schools out there, rather than being comfortable at a school and just winning some ball games. The challenge of getting to the top and staying on top is what drives these coaches and most know that there are just a few programs out there to do that at.

NO you missed the point, what he is saying very clearly is that the most ambitious coaches want the highest challenge which is coaching at a blue blood program and playing the best schools out there, rather than being comfortable at a school and just winning some ball games. The challenge of getting to the top and staying on top is what drives these coaches and most know that there are just a few programs out there to do that at.

I get that sentiment. I'd argue that trying to win a national championship at UCF is an even bigger challenge and he seems ambitious enough to want to take that on.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Listen guys, I get it. You lived through the highest echelons of success back in the 90s and a lot of you are yearning to get that feeling and sense of accomplishment back to Lincoln, Nebraska. I totally understand and I have no reason to want to prevent that from happening. I wish your school and football program much future success.

Here's the problem. Your program (and fans) are resting on the laurels of that past success as a determinant for why Nebraska is such a powerhouse today. The thing is... it's not a powerhouse. You're something like 3-17 in your last 20 games against Top 25 teams. You've beaten like 2 teams with a winning record in the last few years. You haven't won a championship of any sort in ages. What has Nebraska accomplished of significance in this millennium?

Yet according to your fans, you're light years better than those mid-level P5 programs. Well, the reality is that Nebraska is bordering on being a mid-level P5 program. You're not a national championship threat. Heck, you're not even a conference championship threat.

Yes, I get it. Nebraska accomplished more in a three-year period in the 90s than UCF has as a program. And? One program is trending upwards and has been for over a decade. The other has been trending downward.

If you had the option of a rising boat or a sinking boat, which would you choose?

You are about to have your first winning season in three years. We have won 9+ games eight of the past nine years, against real competition. It sounds like our sinking ship is still light years ahead of your "trending upwards" program. Not to mention all the other advantages. That might be why our class is full of four star recruits and yours is full of two star recruits.

But you might be right, it might be better to play AAC teams in a half full HS stadium.

You are about to have your first winning season in three years.

And you're about to have a losing season. It's all cyclical. But speaking of trends...

Our class is full of four star recruits and yours is full of two star recruits.

lol. Again with the stars. UCF's Adrian Killins, a 3-star out of Daytona Beach, FL, is faster than any current member of the Nebraska roster.

Now, if you get any 4- and 5-star prospects from Florida, I'd be impressed.

lol. Again with the stars. UCF's Adrian Killins, a 3-star out of Daytona Beach, FL, is faster than any current member of the Nebraska roster.

By your speed theory, the Oakland Raiders should have half a dozen more Super Bowls.

Is he planning on trying out for the 2020 Olympics or something?

Reactions: HuskerDana
And you're about to have a losing season. It's all cyclical.

lol. Again with the stars. Adrian Killins, a 3-star out of Daytona Beach, FL, is faster than any current member of the Nebraska roster.

Oh only 4-stars from Florida count, I see. Too bad the ones from California and Nevada don't count. But we still have one this year in Bookie and had one last year in Guy Thomas.

They actually have not, further proving your knowledge of college football outside of Nebraska. They've had exactly one great season (2012) in which they went to the Orange Bowl and got humiliated by Florida State. They have beaten no one of note.

During that same span, UCF has had four 10+ win seasons including bowl wins over Georgia and No. 5 Baylor. They won 3 conference championships to UCF's 4.

RollingLaugh trailer trash wrong again RollingLaugh

Last 10 years, 2008-2017:

Win-Loss record
NIU 87-41
UCF 70-51

10+ win seasons
NIU 5
UCF 3 (not 4 like you claim)

Bowl games
NIU 8 (+1 TBD)
UCF 6 (+1 TBD)

Losing seasons
NIU 2
UCF 4

My football knowledge is fine, I have forgotten more football than you know so don't go there but since you did here are the numbers, just so you know with your limited math knowledge 96 wins is greater than 84 and NIU just two years prior to 2006 beat #21 Alabama, and have beaten other power five programs during this time. Also they did not go winless in any of these seasons.
Since 2006 Northern Illinois is 96-57
Since 2006 UCF is 84-63
NIU has five 11+ win seasons and I would argue although they lost to FSU, FSU is a better program than Baylor.

Reactions: headcard
I get that sentiment. I'd argue that trying to win a national championship at UCF is an even bigger challenge and he seems ambitious enough to want to take that on.
Well as long as it is just a four team playoff, I don't see a non power five team making the playoffs, those teams resumes just don't stack up even if they are undefeated.

More like would you rather save a sinking ship full of gold or choose a rising boat full of dog feces. Easy choice IMO. I don’t understand why UCF fans are so up in arms. We haven’t even tried to go after your coach yet.

Reactions: headcard
And you're about to have a losing season. It's all cyclical. But speaking of trends...

So you have timed all of Nebraska's players in the forty and Darius Hayward Bay is the best wr to ever play in the NFL because he was really fast.

I would choose the one that has the facilities, history, fan support, and tradition that could easily spring back to life with the right hire. I understand it...you've never had a very successful football program. Being 4-0 or 5-0 is very nice, but you're not beating any Alabamas, Florida States, USCs, or Clemsons. You're beating also ran programs. You can't even fill your stadium.

You've got a good thing going, but you'll never be able to keep a good coach more than a few years at most. You had better get used to the idea of losing coaches, because your program will continually be where coaches go to cut their teeth.

We'll try to let you know when we take your coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT