ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

Your definition of relevant is akin to saying that you guys are still awesome because you were 6-0 and top 10 halfway through last season...which believe it or not more than one person has tried here. 2017 is the most recent complete/final rankings. There is no sense in comparing next years rankings today. Just like there's no sense in arguing your position.

Zzzz...you are 2-8 against big ten teams lifetime...that is like on the level of Purdue, congrats on your one impressive win. Hey you guys are Illinois, that’s nice, buy bye now.

You don't seem to understand how the system works. UCF is currently behind those 1-loss teams because we started out the year unranked and not even receiving votes...kind of like the current Huskers by the way.

There are several "ifs" involved. But if UCF finishes undefeated and gets into a NY6 bowl and plays even an average game, we should easily start the next season ranked in the Top 20. If we win that NY6 bowl this year, like we did in 2014 (and Houston did two years later) we should start the following season in the Top 15.

Before Houston lost last year, they were being talked about as a possible playoff contender. It will be difficult, but it is a challenge that I think Scott Frost would embrace.

2-8 vs big ten, you guys even have the same colors as Purdue, can we just call you east Purdue? It does not matter how many losses we have this year because we never went winless...in a crappy conference...would love to see any of those crappy aac schools against Ohio st or Wisconsin. Wait did we see someone play Michigan last year? I forgot how that turned out....delusional

Alright, I'm heading to bed. If any of you would like to keep on learning more about UCF, its world destination location, its amazing weather, its beautiful campus, its gorgeous girls, and its Top 25 athletics programs, feel free to give me a ring... or 7. Just..... remember..... no rotary phones.

hqdefault.jpg

ff95b2e597beb22f94fe0f3f3389862d.jpg

CAzPMJNVAAEFwax.jpg

Cute ring. Not as nice as ours though.

578271613acb2_334957b.jpg

Math is simple. No matter how you dice it up, in regards to coaching destination.

NU > any AAC team.

If Nebraska REALLY wants $cott Fro$t, UCF won't be the ones in our way, it will be other P5 programs.
That will actually be the funny part. If he doesn't come, then it will immediately be downplayed as NU not really wanting him. That's usually the default reaction when a big program loses out on a coach or recruit.

Reactions: 91foxbody
You don't seem to understand how the system works. UCF is currently behind those 1-loss teams because we started out the year unranked and not even receiving votes...kind of like the current Huskers by the way.

There are several "ifs" involved. But if UCF finishes undefeated and gets into a NY6 bowl and plays even an average game, we should easily start the next season ranked in the Top 20. If we win that NY6 bowl this year, like we did in 2014 (and Houston did two years later) we should start the following season in the Top 15.

Before Houston lost last year, they were being talked about as a possible playoff contender. It will be difficult, but it is a challenge that I think Scott Frost would embrace.

You better worry about beating Navy first. You've beaten one half-way decent team this year and you think you're going to be a playoff team next year? You're fortunate that you didn't have to play Georgia Tech this year.

Reality is that the playoff spots are always going to go to the Top 4 P5 teams. Remember Western Michigan last year? They went undefeated, yet the playoff committee ranked them 15th, behind 8-4 Auburn. You'd have to schedule and beat teams like Florida State and Miami in the nonconference to have any chance. Otherwise, your strength of schedule is never going to be good enough.

You better worry about beating Navy first. You've beaten one half-way decent team this year and you think you're going to be a playoff team next year? You're fortunate that you didn't have to play Georgia Tech this year.

Reality is that the playoff spots are always going to go to the Top 4 P5 teams. Remember Western Michigan last year? You'd have to schedule and beat teams like Florida State and Miami in the nonconference to have any chance. Otherwise, your strength of schedule is never going to be good enough.

But how would they go undefeated if they actually played at bare minimum mediocre teams. Keep in mind they went 0-12 with a crap schedule

Am I wasted or did this guy just put up pictures of American conference championship rings, I thought participation trophy’s were only for elementary kids...but wait they have Disney World so every recruit wants to go there....
Fiesta Bowl ring. They have evolved a bit in the past 20 years.

Reality is that the playoff spots are always going to go to the Top 4 P5 teams. Remember Western Michigan last year? They went undefeated, yet the playoff committee ranked them 15th, behind 8-4 Auburn. You'd have to schedule and beat teams like Florida State and Miami in the nonconference to have any chance. Otherwise, your strength of schedule is never going to be good enough.
The team is capable of handling game prep on their own.

That will actually be the funny part. If he doesn't come, then it will immediately be downplayed as NU not really wanting him. That's usually the default reaction when a big program loses out on a coach or recruit.

So if he isn't actually hired away by Nebraska would you still assume that Nebraska tried to hire him?

Just because he's got a portion of the fan base worshipping him does not mean he'll be offered.

Nebraska might go after another coach, but If it's SF they want, it's going to be other P5 school (or Nebraska) that decide where he goes, not UCF.

So Purdue/Illinois level with a fraction of the TV budget to work from? I say that's a solid showing.[/QUOTE

So you are saying that ucf= Illinois and Purdue?
Fiesta Bowl ring. They have evolved a bit in the past 20 years.

By going 1-1 against P5 teams in the regular season, I am surprised you guys were able to make it through such a tough schedule, by the way that penn st team you barely beat went 4-4 in a real conference.

Not so certain he wants to leave. According Orlando Sentinel, the University is trying to raise $1.5 million to fend off Power five schools from hiring Frost or raiding his assistants. Scott has personally made a contribution to the fund

Truth hurts.
Yes, exactly.

The truth that your boy Riley is a failure hurts so you make up BS about Bo and TO. Everybody knows you can't back anything up.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question how TO "abandoned" your boy Riley.

Houston said the exact same about keeping Herman. This happens over and over again and the P5 schools continue to win.

While I agree UCF is in a desirable situation, they can’t fill their stadium for meaningful games. They also get shut out of playoffs even if they are undefeated. They also can’t afford to pay him $5 mil a year.

Hate to break it to them, but even if Frost doesn’t go to Nebraska, he won’t stay at UCF.
Our fans are smart enough to realize that unless a P5 offer comes soon he'll leave. Most would like at least one more season because our team will be even better next year. 26 wins in a row has a nice ring to it.

Reactions: chicolby
Except, I have first hand impressions of Nebraska with a 13-year history on this forum sharing stuff.

You mean when Nebraska had a first year coach in Riley, Osborne recommended Frost to who? The freaking boogeyman?!?

Or, do you mean when Tom Osborne despised AD Shawn Eichorst but reached out to reference Frost anyways?

Or, do you mean Tom Osborne reached out to Chancellor Harvey Perlman to reference Frost?

Read up a little on Osborne vs Eichorst/Perlman before you pop off with bullshit.
We're supposed to believe that "coacDubs", a guy typing on a message board knows more about SF's recruitment and recommendations than Dungy who is a trusted advisor and friend of SF? Yeah ok

Last edited:
You guys stay up too late .... so let's add some facts ....

Who knows why Dungy went on a twitter rant last night. It could be he was drinking and having some fun. It could also be that he is working as an intermediary from Frost to get the Nebraska faithful to back off a bit so they don't get let down at the end of the year. Only time will tell.

With regard to UCF being a "commuter school".... Our football team is better than yours. Our basketball team will beat yours by 25 this year (coached by Johnny Dawkins and VERY GOOD this year).... our baseball team was ranked all year and will be again this year (conference champs) .... tennis teams are ranked and led by John Roddick who we just stole from Oklahoma ... golf made NCAA championships last year... ladies soccer ranked #7 right now and just beat LSU 4-0 ... etc. etc. etc. This is no commuter school and the athletic program is good top to bottom.

With regard to recruiting .... the "star averages" don't take into account transfers. Last year we welcomed a few 4 star kids from places like Alabama ... Sitting out their "transfer" year this year is more 4 star kids from Alabama, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin, and a 5 star kid from Oregon. There is a lot going on that the average fan doesn't see. That his probably why you think UCF fans are insane for defending their team so much.

Our fans are smart enough to realize that unless a P5 offer comes soon he'll leave. Most would like at least one more season because our team will be even better next year. 26 wins in a row has a nice ring to it.
Those aren't the fans that made their way over here

Reactions: gw2kpro
UCF and Boise St were the only two "Non-Power" schools to win BCS Bowls. Short of having a smurf turf and a trucking degree program, we're already there.

Plus, guess what. In the 15-year history of the BCS Nebraska had one BCS Bowl win in the 2000 Fiesta Bowl, the same bowl UCF won in 2014. So much for all that history and money.
You are seriously comparing the last 15 years of your program to Nebraska. We may not be that good this year, but lets not act like UCF is even close to the program that Nebraska is. Scott Frost may stay at UCF or he may go, but if anyone thinks he took that job as a permanent destination then you are crazy. College coaches have to recruit, they will always say that they will be somewhere long term or kids won't commit to them, that is just the way it is.

Reactions: headcard
You're on a Nebraska message board, on a Wednesday morning at 12:37 EST.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Between your grandpa bedtime and you Trump picture on your profile I'm seeing a picture that Nebraska is going to be too old for Frost et al. Add that to the stack of reasons he isn't coming to Nebraska.

You guys stay up too late .... so let's add some facts ....

Who knows why Dungy went on a twitter rant last night. It could be he was drinking and having some fun. It could also be that he is working as an intermediary from Frost to get the Nebraska faithful to back off a bit so they don't get let down at the end of the year. Only time will tell.

With regard to UCF being a "commuter school".... Our football team is better than yours. Our basketball team will beat yours by 25 this year (coached by Johnny Dawkins and VERY GOOD this year).... our baseball team was ranked all year and will be again this year (conference champs) .... tennis teams are ranked and led by John Roddick who we just stole from Oklahoma ... golf made NCAA championships last year... ladies soccer ranked #7 right now and just beat LSU 4-0 ... etc. etc. etc. This is no commuter school and the athletic program is good top to bottom.

With regard to recruiting .... the "star averages" don't take into account transfers. Last year we welcomed a few 4 star kids from places like Alabama ... Sitting out their "transfer" year this year is more 4 star kids from Alabama, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin, and a 5 star kid from Oregon. There is a lot going on that the average fan doesn't see. That his probably why you think UCF fans are insane for defending their team so much.

OK. If Frost doesn't take a P5 job in the next 1.5 years, I'll eat my hat live on the internet. Might be here. Might be Tennessee. might be somewhere else.

I will admit, if he stays at UCF I will assume Nebraska didn't offer him. Not only is Nebraska a job 99% of coaches leave UCF for, it is his home state and it is the school he played QB for and won a National Championship at (while RS on another NC team). I understand why it would make sense for him to stay at UCF another year, but you have a take opportunities when they present themselves and this might be his only chance to get this job.

I will admit, if he stays at UCF I will assume Nebraska didn't offer him. Not only is Nebraska a job 99% of coaches leave UCF for, it is his home state and it is the school he played QB for and won a National Championship at (while RS on another NC team). I understand why it would make sense for him to stay at UCF another year, but you have a take opportunities when they present themselves and this might be his only chance to get this job.

He's 42 and he's good at what he does. His chance is whenever he wants it to be. He already had a chance for the job and Nebraska didn't deem him worthy (yet). Nebraska flopped THEIR only chance.

I understand that and honestly it does makes sense for him to stay another year. It also makes sense for Nebraska to go after proven P5 Head coaches with a history of success (if we even have an opening). The thing is, it is now or never for both sides, this may be the only chance for Frost to ever come home and be the HC at the program where he is a legend. On the flip side, this might be Nebraska's only chance to get him, or have to watch him win at other schools for the next 30 years. It really is a tough spot for both sides.

Last edited:
Boise gimmick-ed there way to a fluke win over OU. UCF thoroughly dominated Baylor from start to finish. Baylor got a garbage time touchdown to make the score respectable. Oklahoma was 10th in the BCS and Boise was 8th. Some didn't even consider it an upset.
He we go comparing Baylor to OU, there is no comparison when it comes to these two programs.

I understand that and honestly it does makes sense for him to stay another year. It also makes sense for Nebraska to go after proven P5 Head coaches (if we even have an opening) with a history of success. The thing is, it is now or never for both sides, this may be the only chance for Frost to ever come home and be the HC at the program where he is a legend. On the flip side, this might be Nebraska's only chance to get him, or have to watch him win at other schools for the next 30 years. It really is a tough spot for both sides.
I hope in 2019 he's the coach for one of our two teams.
Worst case scenario for UCF fans is he goes to UF

Reactions: ahabmw and headcard
Yes, exactly.

The truth that your boy Riley is a failure hurts so you make up BS about Bo and TO. Everybody knows you can't back anything up.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question how TO "abandoned" your boy Riley.
Because he took his ball and went home. Just like Paul Myers. Now TO taking his cute shots in the media toward the current regime.
Look, it sucked that Blo turned put to be a sub-himan bag of shit. But that's what he was. It's fine that you love him. But even Osborne admitted he may have not been right for the job.
Now back to the discussion, stalker.

OK. If Frost doesn't take a P5 job in the next 1.5 years, I'll eat my hat live on the internet. Might be here. Might be Tennessee. might be somewhere else.

I might eat my hat as well. I would be shocked if he stayed after 2018. His team is all freshmen and sophomores and next year they will be unbeatable.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I’d say there’s a chance he could go one more year. Sadly, the more success he has this season the higher the likelihood he’s gone. Of course, I hope he comes back to Nebraska but it seems he will be somewhere besides UCF before long.

We're supposed to believe that "coacDubs", a guy typing on a message board knows more about SF's recruitment and recommendations than Dungy who is a trusted advisor and friend of SF? Yeah ok

Ya, the Dungy that thinks Osborne recommended Frost to Eichorst and Perlman. It shows (a) how disconnected Dungy is or (b) he's got his story mixed up.

Between your grandpa bedtime and you Trump picture on your profile I'm seeing a picture that Nebraska is going to be too old for Frost et al. Add that to the stack of reasons he isn't coming to Nebraska.

MAGA > Democrat loser, from the trailer trash state of Florida.

Maybe I missed something but where did Dungy say Osborne advised Eichorst to hire Frost?

I thought all he said was that Frost had one of the best advisors in Osborne? That is much different.

Like I said, blame Bruce for blasting our board and inviting us over. We're just trying to help you all deal with the disappointment when SF says no. You're slowly moving through the stages of denial
The denial is believing Frost is going to stay at UCF long term. He was OC at Oregon which is a more prestigious job than the head coach at UCF. Frost realized that if he was going to get a power 5 job somewhere he had to prove himself as a head coach, which he is doing right now.

I personally don't want Frost as he's a plan B hire for me, but you UCF posters are straight up delusional. Get it through your heads now he's 100% gone. If not this year, the next. It may be Nebraska, but if not, somebody else. You can bet he's scouting programs right now that could be possible destinations in the future.

So the Oregon OC job is better than UCF and held in higher regard, but it's also not good enough to count towards getting a P5 HC job. And to do that, a lower position is needed. Despite the fact he passed over P5 head coaching jobs to come to UCF.

Reactions: ucfknight23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT