ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

GMV3X.gif

Right because if UCF matches the salary Frost’s alma matter blue blood program, then maybe he’d stay. It’s a nice PR stunt to appease their fans that they “did everything” to keep him, but they know he’s gone

Money is for the assistant pool more than Frost. His assistants are important to him and with Chip Kelly about to hit college again he will be coming after them.

Reactions: Kruciff
I am more worried about Nebraska's willingness to go deeper than schools like aTm, Florida, etc if it becomes a bidding war or Frost coming to the conclusion that it will be easier to win at other big time programs rather than Nebraska.

Money is for the assistant pool more than Frost. His assistants are important to him and with Chip Kelly about to hit college again he will be coming after them.

He learned that from Tom, while he was the coach at Nebraska.

You have a dangerous stadium and have to pass around a hat. I was under the assumption you guys were big time. At least that's what one of your crap talking fans told me.

He learned that from Tom, while he was the coach at Nebraska.

You have a dangerous stadium and have to pass around a hat. I was under the assumption you guys were big time. At least that's what one of your crap talking fans told me.

Hahaha .... stadium isn't crap ... it's just a little rusty.

We are currently passing around a hat .... but so do churches and Nebraska is like 75% christian so they should understand.

Reactions: Jmurphytn1
That's refreshing. Blo would not share his pool, instead whined that they did not give raises. In reality most coaches share with their staff. Blo used it as another excuse

I did not know that--- toxic dude

Hahaha .... stadium isn't crap ... it's just a little rusty.

We are currently passing around a hat .... but so do churches and Nebraska is like 75% christian so they should understand.

A little rusty? So maybe you should pass around a hat for some maintenance men to be employed.

Reactions: The Branch
Yeah cause tony dungy is so plugged in... give me a break..i really like him but he has never commented on nebraska or ucf as far as i know in the past... but now hes in the know.. laughable..like i told another one of your cronies... go back and try and convinve them that if Nebraska is wanting frost hes not coming

Yeah cause tony dungy is so plugged in... give me a break..i really like him but he has never commented on nebraska or ucf as far as i know in the past... but now hes in the know.. laughable..like i told another one of your cronies... go back and try and convinve them that if Nebraska is wanting frost hes not coming

He might be right if our chance was when we hired MR and Scott went to UCF.

From a recent news article .... "Incredibly, Frost puts Dungy alongside his college coach at Nebraska — the iconic Tom Osborne — as the two most impactful coaches of his adult life."

Right because if UCF matches the salary Frost’s alma matter blue blood program, then maybe he’d stay. It’s a nice PR stunt to appease their fans that they “did everything” to keep him, but they know he’s gone

They have a monkey outside the stadium with a cup dressed up like a UCF band member to collect a raise for Frost. That would be doing everything..

That is a Osborne move, well done Scott.

It probably won't work, but I say good for UCF. If they just sit back and say, "Eh, we're a stepping stone program - so good luck at your stop, Scott," they'll have a harder time attracting a good replacement for him.

There's not a chance in hell Frost is going to stay at UCF forever. He is way too competitive and you know he wants the chance to coach for a National Championship someday. That's never going to happen in the AAC Conference. He could go undefeated and still not sniff a playoff bid.

Furthermore, he's been pretty vocal with his displeasure that UCF fans aren't showing up for games, and now the stadium is falling apart. I'd be very surprised if he stays another year there.

Last edited:
Of course he will stay at G5 school in the AAC because they are solid right now. Like Petersen stayed at Boise, Myer stayed at Bowling Green, Kelly stayed at Cincinnati, Fuente stayed at Memphis, Herman stayed at Houston.

Last edited:
If his stock just keeps getting higher throughout the year there is ZERO chance he stays at UCF with big time programs knocking down his door to give him a shot. Regardless of if it's Nebraska or not.

He may want to come back home, he may not. But this will be the best chance I think we'll have of getting him so it's either now or never.

I was under the assumption you guys were big time. At least that's what one of your crap talking fans told me.

Awww...Poor Brucie got his feelings hurt when he came over to the UCF board to put us down and talk smack.

Here is the reality. Scott Frost has identified some things he needs to turn UCF into a consistent, dominant AAC program with regular NY6 bowl appearances and even a possible playoff contender if we go undefeated. Part of that is increasing the assistant salary pool to keep the staff together at least a couple more years.

If Scott Frost really is the honorable man you think he is, I doubt he will abandon a program two years into developing UCF into what he thinks it can become.

As for the stadium, Bruce has spent enough time on the UCF board to know that UCF is actually suing the contractor for not properly prepping and coating the steel during the installation process. UCF won't be paying for the repairs.

It probably won't work, but I say good for UCF. If they just sit back and say, "Eh, we're a stepping stone program - so good luck at your stop, Scott," they'll have a harder time attracting a good replacement for him.
Yeah because having the #1 offense in the country, a top 20 ranking, and the hottest coaching candidate in the world is a difficult position to recruit new coaches. Smh
You know who apparently has a hard time attracting good replacements? You

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT