ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

2003 and only 3 years after UCF did ;)
From the looks of it UCF had to get out of the MAC after the 2004 season since they could not compete after going 0-8 in conference play, so I guess there are some pretty good football playing schools in the MAC. Good thing you guys joined that powerhouse Conference USA since the MAC was clearly bringing you guys down.

Right there in the contracts. And Yes, Osborne is a dick who does not support anybody but his hires. He refused to come talk to Callahans team early in his tenure. And he made a show of "giving up his box" this year. That is his right, but shows just how bitter he is. He powdered Blos diaper so many times.
Keep fighting for that great guy Blo, maybe some day he will grow a sack and coach at a real level again, not JV. That clown is cashing checks because he is a bitter douche. No wonder Osborne liked him so much.
Wow, you sure are a funny little man. You certainly get upset when somebody calls you on your BS. It's cool and all that you like to make up crap, because hey, it's the internet. But, nobody that isn't completely stupid or blind believes anything you say.

I get it, you lined up thinking Riley was the savior and you look like a fool. So, deflect by saying crap about TO or try to link anybody that disagrees with you to the last coach. It really, really hurts you that your guy sucked way more than the last coach, doesn't it. Because you sure as hell can't hide your frustration. But, adding BS artist to fool doesn't help your image any. And let's be honest, that's obviously real important to you because you fly off into a rage whenever you are called out.

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
It might take him a while to respond - he’s busy listening to Canadian ragweed and monitoring the hashtags on Dave Rimingtons twitter feed.

I don't believe that any lucid Nebraska fan thinks that way. There are exactly zero Nebraska fans that have posted that in here.

You clearly have not read this thread or the one titled something like 'I don't think Frost is the right option'. It is all over this board. Your fanbase is some of the most entitled people I've had football conversations with, and I'm in SEC country.

Tony Dungy doesn't seem to be sold on Frost to Nebraska. One of Frost's big mentors just like Osborne.

He's come to UCF to build and rebuild something. He's not close to done yet. He may very well go to a bigger school in time. But I doubt it's Nebraska.

Somebody please tell tony dungy that frost hasn't done enough to prove he's a head coach candidate and the only reason Nebraska wants him is because they are hicks and he played here...please get him the memo.

Reactions: ucfknight23
Who? Northern Illinois? Are freaking kidding? Do you even look stuff up before you type?

Yes, NIU.

Last 10 years, 2008-2017:

Win-Loss record
NIU 87-41
UCF 70-51

10+ win seasons
NIU 5
UCF 3 (not 4 like you claim)

Bowl games
NIU 8 (+1 TBD)
UCF 6 (+1 TBD)

Losing seasons
NIU 2
UCF 4

Not only that, but the ironic part of your response up above is this gem earlier ITT...

16/22 of his last recruiting class were from FL

RollingLaughSomeone didn't look something up. Or, he can't count. RollingLaugh

Yes, NIU.

Win-Loss record
NIU 87-41
UCF 70-51

10+ win seasons
NIU 5

Bowl games
NIU 8 (+1 TBD)
UCF 6 (+1 TBD)

Losing seasons
NIU 2
UCF 4

Not only that, but the ironic part of your response up above is this gem earlier ITT...

James Madison has done better over the last 10 years than Nebraska, that must mean they are better too! UCF accomplished more in 2013 alone than NIU's entire football existence.

James Madison has done better over the last 10 years than Nebraska, that must mean they are better too! UCF accomplished more in 2013 alone than NIU's entire football existence.

Yes, a FCS program is better than Nebraska.

You go from not being able to add, to not being able to total up numbers to proving what I stated earlier ITT - IQ lower than the average temperature in Antarctica.

Congrats, but the goal posts aren't moving.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Yes, NIU.

Win-Loss record
NIU 87-41
UCF 70-51

10+ win seasons
NIU 5

Bowl games
NIU 8 (+1 TBD)
UCF 6 (+1 TBD)

Losing seasons
NIU 2
UCF 4

Going from 05-15 with this awesome metric you probably think Virginia Tech is a better program than Florida, Georgia, Texas, Clemson, Auburn and your beloved Cornhuskers (actually this might be debatable)

NIU has been more consistent than UCF sure, and that reflects in their record. UCF has had much higher highs and much lower lows. The best win for NIU in the past 10 years was over #19 Kent State. UCF has beaten the #12, #8, and #6 team in the country in that time frame. NIU finished ranked once at #22. UCF finished #20 in 2010 and #10 in 2013. 2013 they had 1 loss by 3 points to the #4 team in the country. Both teams made one BCS bowl game. UCF won their game and NIU got blown out. Again nothing against NIU. They have had a fine program and they are consistently good, but never great. They are one of the better G5 programs along with UCF.

Going from 05-15 with this awesome metric you probably think Virginia Tech is a better program than Florida, Georgia, Texas, Clemson, Auburn and your beloved Cornhuskers (actually this might be debatable)

Oh boy, the Antarctica crew doesn't know when to stop.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Funny that NIUs win loss is brought up. If win-loss record was all that mattered Nebraska wouldn't be pining for their 5th coach in 15 years. I'd have to believe Nebraska has one of the best winning percentages over that time frame.

Is he planning on trying out for the 2020 Olympics or something?

Who knows...he might. I do know he smoked the Michigan D last year for an 80+ yard TD...and he was pulling away from the defenders the entire way.

And Scott Frost only had to make a 45 minute drive from campus to visit him and his parents.

And you're about to have a losing season. It's all cyclical. But speaking of trends...

lol. Again with the stars. UCF's Adrian Killins, a 3-star out of Daytona Beach, FL, is faster than any current member of the Nebraska roster.

Now, if you get any 4- and 5-star prospects from Florida, I'd be impressed.

I would argue Spielman would challenge his speed.

As would Lindsey

Listen guys. These people don't want a conversation. Anything you say will be thrown back with insults towards you and your team. They don't have conversations. They flame. There are a few over there that would have a conversation with you, but they won't come over here and they'll be drowned out by this group of short bus riders.

I understand that and honestly it does makes sense for him to stay another year. It also makes sense for Nebraska to go after proven P5 Head coaches with a history of success (if we even have an opening). The thing is, it is now or never for both sides, this may be the only chance for Frost to ever come home and be the HC at the program where he is a legend. On the flip side, this might be Nebraska's only chance to get him, or have to watch him win at other schools for the next 30 years. It really is a tough spot for both sides.
You could also say it's the perfect timing for both sides...

RollingLaugh trailer trash wrong again RollingLaugh

Win-Loss record
NIU 87-41
UCF 70-51

10+ win seasons
NIU 5

Bowl games
NIU 8 (+1 TBD)
UCF 6 (+1 TBD)

Losing seasons
NIU 2
UCF 4

This season isn’t over. Do 2007-2016 and revise your numbers.

I would choose the one that has the facilities, history, fan support, and tradition that could easily spring back to life with the right hire.

That’s your choice. I respect that. Most of today’s recruits use other factors besides 90s success in their decision-making.

Listen guys. These people don't want a conversation. Anything you say will be thrown back with insults towards you and your team. They don't have conversations. They flame. There are a few over there that would have a conversation with you, but they won't come over here and they'll be drowned out by this group of short bus riders.

In the future, keep this shit on other teams forums.

From the looks of it UCF had to get out of the MAC after the 2004 season since they could not compete after going 0-8 in conference play, so I guess there are some pretty good football playing schools in the MAC. Good thing you guys joined that powerhouse Conference USA since the MAC was clearly bringing you guys down.

Football in the south will always be stronger than anything in the MAC.

Stinks that UCF and Nebraska fans can't get along... I hope SF stays at UCF for a few more years, but neither team will play each other any time soon (I don't see Nebraska getting into a NY6 game in the next few years). I've always liked Nebraska, and think having the fan base for Nebraska root for us is a good thing. If they could be less annoying about his current position being a warm up for his dream position (No fan can truly know the answer to this question), maybe some of the UCF posters will get off your board.

In regards to UCF, we didn't play D-1 until end of 1990's. If we had the P5 label (something that we have no control over) we'd play better competition. The cards (unfairly IMO) are stacked against us and if we could play better competition we would. We would make a better P5 school than several schools that were grandfathered into the system. Stating your storied history, while impressive, is not a fair comparison. We do well with the position we have been given, and have done well prior to SF. SF can and will elevate our program, even if only for a few years. I hope NU fans can enjoy watching SF be successful at UCF and proud that TO and NU helped make SF the coach he is today.

BTW,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Scott Frost talk, Todd <a href="https://twitter.com/McShay13?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@McShay13</a> told the <a href="https://twitter.com/RussilloShow?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@RussilloShow</a> earlier that UCF is a better job than Nebraska. <a href="https://t.co/ZOPlDg57Iz">pic.twitter.com/ZOPlDg57Iz</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Helwig (@UCFSports) <a href="">October 18, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stinks that UCF and Nebraska fans can't get along... I hope SF stays at UCF for a few more years, but neither team will play each other any time soon (I don't see Nebraska getting into a NY6 game in the next few years). I've always liked Nebraska, and think having the fan base for Nebraska root for us is a good thing. If they could be less annoying about his current position being a warm up for his dream position (No fan can truly know the answer to this question), maybe some of the UCF posters will get off your board.

In regards to UCF, we didn't play D-1 until end of 1990's. If we had the P5 label (something that we have no control over) we'd play better competition. The cards (unfairly IMO) are stacked against us and if we could play better competition we would. We would make a better P5 school than several schools that were grandfathered into the system. Stating your storied history, while impressive, is not a fair comparison. We do well with the position we have been given, and have done well prior to SF. SF can and will elevate our program, even if only for a few years. I hope NU fans can enjoy watching SF be successful at UCF and proud that TO and NU helped make SF the coach he is today.

BTW,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Scott Frost talk, Todd <a href="https://twitter.com/McShay13?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@McShay13</a> told the <a href="https://twitter.com/RussilloShow?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@RussilloShow</a> earlier that UCF is a better job than Nebraska. <a href="https://t.co/ZOPlDg57Iz">pic.twitter.com/ZOPlDg57Iz</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Helwig (@UCFSports) <a href=" ">October 18, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UCF has no chance to move to a bigger conference. Which Power 5 conference is going to take them? They would bring nothing of value. ACC and SEC already have the Florida market. They only draw 30,000 fans per game. Academics are terrible. Big 12 already rejected them.

People thought Tom Herman might stay at Houston and get them to a bigger conference. He only lasted 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT