ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

Tel

You mean the ones from when college football wore leather helmets? If your school's fans are still beating your chest over those, then the situation at Nebraska is worse than I thought.

Your coach didn't wear a leather helmet when he won one in 97 you douche.

Look at your stadium. It took you guys more than a year to build an indoor practice facility for the band. You got left at the altar when the Big12 was contemplating expansion. The Big 12. They didn't even want you. He was calling a spade a spade.
The Big XII is incompetent and wanted nobody- even historical programs like BYU were left out. They're on the verge of being the new Big East.

Gee thanks. But yet again, no coach anywhere says no to a program like Nebraska to stay at a program like UCF. Maybe it's time for you to start preparing for yet another 0fer season when Frost leaves for wichever P5 school offers first.
I mean, Frost passed up open P5 offers for UCF in the first place. Not Nebraska level, but P5 at the very least. Now he has something to build at UCF. He may leave eventually, but it may not be as soon as you assume. And it may not be for the school you're hoping for.

This guy wants people to forget that Nebraska is having a bad run of it but then degrades UCF for recovering from an 0-12 season in two years, and was quite successful before then. Hypocrisy at its finest. By the way, the post you responded to had zero shit talking in it. Shit talking is ignorantly calling another school a joke, like you just did.
This guy wants people to forget that Nebraska is having a bad run of it but then degrades UCF for recovering from an 0-12 season in two years, and was quite successful before then. Hypocrisy at its finest. By the way, the post you responded to had zero shit talking in it. Shit talking is ignorantly calling another school a joke, like you just did.
First off our bad run, would be considered good football by your standards 9 or more wins 8 of the last 9 seasons, in a legit conference. And I never said UCF was a joke, I said it was a joke that your fans come to our board and say UCF is a better job than Nebraska. That IS a joke

Yeah, poor little UCF with their terrible facilities and commuter campus will never be able to compete with the big boys.

PqcbhLl.png

IMG_6479.JPG

9Bv9hW0.jpg

1200px-UCF_Tower.jpg

UCF_Fiesta-Bowl_2013-14.jpg

345360.jpg

In regards to "Tom Osborne recommending Scott Frost to Shawn Eichorst, or Harvey Perlman" - correct, Dungy is way wrong on that. To even hint that is pure assinine and flat out mendacious.
Yes, Dungy just had no clue on Frost's recruitment situation in 2015 even though he would have been in that inner circle and got first hand impressions of the situation.

Houston said the exact same about keeping Herman. This happens over and over again and the P5 schools continue to win.

While I agree UCF is in a desirable situation, they can’t fill their stadium for meaningful games. They also get shut out of playoffs even if they are undefeated. They also can’t afford to pay him $5 mil a year.

Hate to break it to them, but even if Frost doesn’t go to Nebraska, he won’t stay at UCF.

Houston said the exact same about keeping Herman. This happens over and over again and the P5 schools continue to win.

While I agree UCF is in a desirable situation, they can’t fill their stadium for meaningful games. They also get shut out of playoffs even if they are undefeated. They also can’t afford to pay him $5 mil a year.

Hate to break it to them, but even if Frost doesn’t go to Nebraska, he won’t stay at UCF.
I don't think anyone has said they expect Frost to stay at UCF forever. That's unrealistic across the CFB industry in this era. Simply that he may not be leaving as soon as and where many are hoping in here.

Yes, Dungy just had no clue on Frost's recruitment situation in 2015 even though he would have been in that inner circle and got first hand impressions of the situation.

Except, I have first hand impressions of Nebraska with a 13-year history on this forum sharing stuff.

You mean when Nebraska had a first year coach in Riley, Osborne recommended Frost to who? The freaking boogeyman?!?

Or, do you mean when Tom Osborne despised AD Shawn Eichorst but reached out to reference Frost anyways?

Or, do you mean Tom Osborne reached out to Chancellor Harvey Perlman to reference Frost?

Read up a little on Osborne vs Eichorst/Perlman before you pop off with bullshit.

Actually a lot of UCF fans are just irritated at how there are so many ignorant Nebraska fans arrogantly talking down to us. We are not declaring that UCF is better than Nebraska (for now anyway). We are pointing out that based on things that Scott Frost himself has said, we don't think him going to Nebraska this year is as much as a slam dunk as most of you think it is.

Paraphrasing some of Frosts comments...

"Recruiting at Oregon was hard. You were always on a plane, living in hotels in California, Texas and Florida trying to convince kids to travel across the country to play football. At UCF we can get in the car, drive a few hours and find all the talent we need, and be back home the same night."

"I was very pick when looking at head coaching opportunities. I turned down several, including some P5 opportunities because I knew I wanted to go to a place where I could be successful running the Oregon offensive system."

Except, I have first hand impressions of Nebraska with a 13-year history on this forum sharing stuff.

You mean when Nebraska had a first year coach in Riley, Osborne recommended Frost to who? The freaking boogeyman?!?

Or, do you mean when Tom Osborne despised AD Shawn Eichorst but reached out to reference Frost anyways?

Or, do you mean Tom Osborne reached out to Chancellor Harvey Perlman to reference Frost?

Read up a little on Osborne vs Eichorst/Perlman before you pop off with bullshit.
Maybe you should direct your ire to Dungy, then. I posted the links and he has responded to some fans.

Seems I have struck a chord. Fact is UCF is on pace to finish in the Top 10 for the second time in the past 4 years. Nebraska hasn't done that since who knows? We poke fun at all the fans of South Florida who bring up their No. 2 ranking in 2007 as an accomplishment. You guys are digging way farther so you all definitely get the nod there.

With 5 schools that have better averages, I doubt UCF finishes first. We averaged 3.2 under Pelini and he hated recruiting. Advantages. Lol
I'm sure UConn will beat out Stanford in recruiting too. Seriously I don't know why you are harping on a recruiting class for next year in October. Most of these sites rank the players based on the offers they get anyway unless it is a 5 star. So P5 offers = better star ratings. If a P5 pulls the offer deduct a star. That's why comparing P5 to G5 star ratings is relatively meaningless. In relation to peers in the conference and the G5 conferences in general, UCF is at the top or near the top every year. 2018 will be no different once the ink dries.

Most of us actually agree he will leave UCF eventually, just not to Nebraska.

With 5 schools that have better averages, I doubt UCF finishes first. We averaged 3.2 under Pelini and he hated recruiting. Advantages. Lol

Yes, because recruiting quality is determined by a subsidiary of Yahoo! and not by the fact UCF would smoke the Huskers on the field.

Alright, I'm heading to bed. If any of you would like to keep on learning more about UCF, its world destination location, its amazing weather, its beautiful campus, its gorgeous girls, and its Top 25 athletics programs, feel free to give me a ring... or 7. Just..... remember..... no rotary phones.

hqdefault.jpg

ff95b2e597beb22f94fe0f3f3389862d.jpg

CAzPMJNVAAEFwax.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT