ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

UCF has a LONG way to go to be like Boise.

UCF and Boise St were the only two "Non-Power" schools to win BCS Bowls. Short of having a smurf turf and a trucking degree program, we're already there.

Plus, guess what. In the 15-year history of the BCS Nebraska had one BCS Bowl win in the 2000 Fiesta Bowl, the same bowl UCF won in 2014. So much for all that history and money.

Awww...Poor Brucie got his feelings hurt when he came over to the UCF board to put us down and talk smack.

Here is the reality. Scott Frost has identified some things he needs to turn UCF into a consistent, dominant AAC program with regular NY6 bowl appearances and even a possible playoff contender if we go undefeated. Part of that is increasing the assistant salary pool to keep the staff together at least a couple more years.

If Scott Frost really is the honorable man you think he is, I doubt he will abandon a program two years into developing UCF into what he thinks it can become.

As for the stadium, Bruce has spent enough time on the UCF board to know that UCF is actually suing the contractor for not properly prepping and coating the steel during the installation process. UCF won't be paying for the repairs.

UCF will never be a playoff contender, unless you someday join a real conference. There are 12 one-loss teams still ranked ahead of you right now.

Frost may not end up here, but if you think UCF is anything more than a short-term stepping-stone job for him, you are mistaken.

Reactions: TheNewNU
UCF will be nothing more than Boise State.

UCF is nothing like Boise. That is like calling you Creighton. Don't need to be so ignorant.

Why aren't they lining up at the doors of UCF then?

I don't know if you've noticed, but UCF has had better recruiting classes than all G5 schools and many P5 schools for years. Before Frost showed up. There's a reason why they've won so many conference championships.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
UCF will never be a playoff contender, unless you someday join a real conference. There are 12 one-loss teams still ranked ahead of you right now.

Frost may not end up here, but if you think UCF is anything more than a short-term stepping-stone job for him, you are mistaken.

If you think your school is a desirable job for a good young coach, you are mistaken.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
UCF is nothing like Boise. That is like calling you Creighton. Don't need to be so ignorant.

I don't know if you've noticed, but UCF has had better recruiting classes than all G5 schools and many P5 schools for years. Before Frost showed up. There's a reason why they've won so many conference championships.

That doesn't make them some recruiting juggernaut, Obviously they have some good players but just having a bicycle ride to some hotbed recruiting ground does not equal a playoff contender.

Nebraska fans getting owned ITT. Hopes and dreams of 20 years ago are getting kind of.... pathetic. Can we be good again? Yes. Is it going to be because we were good 20 years ago? No. That fairy dust does not exist. Time to grow up.

Reactions: ahabmw
No disrespect intended, Husker fans. I get the frustration of maxing out at 9 wins a year. I have faith that someone will come in and get you guys over the hump, it just won't be Scott Frost.

Please explain. UCF has won more than Boise has in football and all other sports and has academic prowess.
UCF hasn't had near the football success of Boise. Since 99 they have never won less than 8 games. You have done that 11 times, including two winless seasons. I honestly can't believe how full of yourselves you are based off half a season of successful football, following two losing seasons.

UCF hasn't had near the football success of Boise. Since 99 they have never won less than 8 games. You have done that 11 times, including two winless seasons. I honestly can't believe how full of yourselves you are based off half a season of successful football, following two losing seasons.

They played in the WAC and Mountain West. Our conference has three Top 25 teams currently and a 4th on the cusp. Apples to oranges.

They played in the WAC and Mountain West. Our conference has three Top 25 teams currently and a 4th on the cusp. Apples to oranges.
Ah yes, the might American. So glad UCF fans have infiltrated our board to educate us on your great team and conference.

UCF and Boise St were the only two "Non-Power" schools to win BCS Bowls. Short of having a smurf turf and a trucking degree program, we're already there.

Plus, guess what. In the 15-year history of the BCS Nebraska had one BCS Bowl win in the 2000 Fiesta Bowl, the same bowl UCF won in 2014. So much for all that history and money.

UCFs win over Baylor was nowhere as monumental as Boise's was over OU.

Awww...Poor Brucie got his feelings hurt when he came over to the UCF board to put us down and talk smack.

Here is the reality. Scott Frost has identified some things he needs to turn UCF into a consistent, dominant AAC program with regular NY6 bowl appearances and even a possible playoff contender if we go undefeated. Part of that is increasing the assistant salary pool to keep the staff together at least a couple more years.

If Scott Frost really is the honorable man you think he is, I doubt he will abandon a program two years into developing UCF into what he thinks it can become.

As for the stadium, Bruce has spent enough time on the UCF board to know that UCF is actually suing the contractor for not properly prepping and coating the steel during the installation process. UCF won't be paying for the repairs.

Honor has nothing to do with it. When home calls, it's probably his one chance and he will take it. If he is still sore over Eichorst hiring Riley over him, then so be it. He will stay at UCF and not challenge for national titles.

Reactions: Jimmy Frank

I'm sure many people believe that only because OU is an "established" power but history gets you nothing on the gridiron. UCF beat two Top 10 teams in that Fiesta Bowl Championship season, something Boise State has never done in their illustrious history.

If some of you were better informed there wouldn't have to be any educating.
Seems we have a pretty good grasp on things, but congrats on the nice start to the season. Last year at this time we were undefeated and top ten, it was fun. But I'm sure it will be happy ever after for UCF and your coach will turn down all the P5 jobs to stay there for ever. Congrats

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Seems we have a pretty good grasp on things, but congrats on the nice start to the season. Last year at this time we were undefeated and top ten, it was fun. But I'm sure it will be happy ever after for UCF and your coach will turn down all the P5 jobs to stay there for ever. Congrats

No one is claiming that.

Some are. As a matter of fact, you guys are claiming he is going to turn down his alma mater when they come calling to stay at UCF.

He is not going to Nebraska. Period. When he leaves it will be for UF, UCLA, USC, maybe aTm but probably not, etc.

Tony Dungy doesn't seem to be sold on Frost to Nebraska. One of Frost's big mentors just like Osborne.

He's come to UCF to build and rebuild something. He's not close to done yet. He may very well go to a bigger school in time. But I doubt it's Nebraska.

Some are. As a matter of fact, you guys are claiming he is going to turn down his alma mater when they come calling to stay at UCF.

He may just go to NU. I don't profess to know what he's thinking. It's just highly doubtful at this juncture.

Did you notice that even in this Dungy puff piece (I'm a big Dungy fan btw) Frost can't help but talk about Osborne. TD is a great man, but everyone knows TO is Frost closest mentor.

Yes, which is why when Osborne recommended Frost for the Nebraska job the school should have hired him instead of Riley. The vibe coming out of Orlando at the moment (which can change) is that ship has sailed.

He is not going to Nebraska. Period. When he leaves it will be for UF, UCLA, USC, maybe aTm but probably not, etc.
That is nonsense and you know it. You have no way of knowing that, you are just sharing your uninformed opinion. Two of those four jobs are flat out worse jobs than Nebraska and the other two may never be open. I know you don't have a high opinion of the Nebraska job (crazy from a UCF fan, but whatever), but I guarantee you Scott Frost has a very high opinion of this job. Now feel free to run along to your own board.

That is nonsense and you know it. You have no way of knowing that, you are just sharing your uninformed opinion. Two of those four jobs are flat out worse jobs than Nebraska and the other two may never be open. I know you don't have a high opinion of the Nebraska job (crazy from a UCF fan, but whatever), but I guarantee you Scott Frost has a very high opinion of this job. Now feel free to run along to your own board.
The whole reason any of us are here is Bruce invited us so thank him. And SF picked UCF because of the recruiting advantages. He'll do the same with his next job

Boise gimmick-ed there way to a fluke win over OU. UCF thoroughly dominated Baylor from start to finish. Baylor got a garbage time touchdown to make the score respectable. Oklahoma was 10th in the BCS and Boise was 8th. Some didn't even consider it an upset.

Reactions: ucfknight23
Name the price, we both send that amount to a moderator and the winner gets all.

Wait, you're trying to say Osborne recommended Frost to Shawn Eichorst?

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh
You know since they were so close they probably discussed it over their mourning coffee.

I'm not so easily deterred, sorry to disappoint. Your statements are no less opinionated than my own, at least mine aren't desperate. I might give you Nebraska over aTm, but at the end of the day they are in the SEC now so they would still win out. The point was that it isn't Nebraska, which at this stage I think has been written off due to the past transgressions and lack of recruiting for what he wants to do and for what he has a chance to do-all things available in public record-all things he can't do in Nebraska.

The whole reason any of us are here is Bruce invited us so thank him. And SF picked UCF because of the recruiting advantages. He'll do the same with his next job

I didn't invite you guys anywhere. Don't care your desperate enough to bring 7 posters over to look this foolish.

What recruiting advantages can he possibly have? He is ranked 8th currently in the AAC.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/aac/football

I'm not so easily deterred, sorry to disappoint. Your statements are no less opinionated than my own, at least mine aren't desperate. I might give you Nebraska over aTm, but at the end of the day they are in the SEC now so they would still win out. The point was that it isn't Nebraska, which at this stage I think has been written off due to the past transgressions and lack of recruiting for what he wants to do and for what he has a chance to do-all things available in public record-all things he can't do in Nebraska.
You are a UCF fan, get real. You play in a half full HS stadium and went winless (again) two years ago. I'm not even sold on Frost, I think we need a proven P5 coach like Willingham or Gundy, but the idea that SF will do better than Nebraska or even turn it down to stay at your commuter school is ridiculous. But congrats on the great half season, impressive

Reactions: Frozone

Which is It? Does Scott want an easy path and stay at UCF? Or is he going SEC for advantages even though he would face Saban every year?

As for recruiting, tell him we need him to get better.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/aac/football
Those recruiting advantages. Recruits must know he is gone come December.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT