ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

Name the price, we both send that amount to a moderator and the winner gets all.

Wait, you're trying to say Osborne recommended Frost to Shawn Eichorst?

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh
Tony Dungy just said as much on Twitter. He's close to Frost and was advising him as he was leaving Oregon.

And SF picked UCF because of the recruiting advantages

Ya, that's why he's recruiting Nebraska, North Dakota, Iowa, Kansas JUCO, Alabama, Michigan, Arizona, Hawaii, Texas, Louisiana and Tennessee.

gary-the-retard-o.gif

You are a UCF fan, get real. You play in a half full HS stadium and went winless (again) two years ago. I'm not even sold on Frost, I think we need a proven P5 coach like Willingham or Gundy, but the idea that SF will do better than Nebraska or even turn it down to stay at your commuter school is ridiculous. But congrats on the great half season, impressive
Fake news to say UCF is a commuter school. And I guess for a high school stadium, we do an ok job attracting P5 schools to play there on equal terms.

But congrats on existing 100+ years before us? I'd expect you to have nicer facilities than us. For how young UCF is, it has done a lot and has invested a lot. More than many P5 programs out there.

Quality > Quantity. Those rankings are based on quantity.

Ok simple jack, there are 5 teams that have a better average. A couple have a significantly better average. Nebraska itself on average is .7 better than his class right now. Guess that kills the recruiting advantage UCF gives him argument.

Reactions: headcard
You clearly did not read the posted article or the follow-up tweets from Dungy. The answer to your question is YES!

I read the tweets, and article. Nowhere did it say Osborne referenced him as the next head coach.

Boise gimmick-ed there way to a fluke win over OU. UCF thoroughly dominated Baylor from start to finish. Baylor got a garbage time touchdown to make the score respectable. Oklahoma was 10th in the BCS and Boise was 8th. Some didn't even consider it an upset.

Not to mention that the UCF win over Top 5 Big XII Champion Baylor made us the de facto Big XII champs. That's just one fewer Big XII championship than Nebraska has ever had.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Ya, that's why he's recruiting Nebraska, North Dakota, Iowa, Kansas JUCO, Alabama, Michigan, Arizona, Hawaii, Texas, Louisiana and Tennessee.

gary-the-retard-o.gif

16/22 of his last recruiting class were from FL. I can tell by your gif that you aren't bright, but you surely cemented it with your post.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Ok simple jack, there are 5 teams that have a better average. A couple have a significantly better average. Nebraska itself on average is .7 better than his class right now. Guess that kills the recruiting advantage UCF gives him argument.
UCF had the top G5 recruiting class per rivals this year. In 2016 it was 3rd among G5. In 2015 in the midst of a 0-12 season it was 4th.

Osborne and Eichorst didn't talk, and still don't. It shows how disconnected you and everyone else is on the subject.

BTW, that isn't what Dungy stated, not even close.
I mean, the implication is clear here:

And even if Osborne had a rocky relationship with the AD, presidents are frequently involved at this level of hire. And Osborne is Osborne. And it apparently still wasn't enough. Dungy has been extremely clear with his estimation of the situation and he is connected closely to Frost.

16/22 of his last recruiting class were from FL. I can tell by your gif that you aren't bright, but you surely cemented it with your post.

Says the dude that can't count, it was 15/22.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

And yet, Scott has gone to 11 or more states other than Florida to sign guys.

Just out of curiosity: How is the Nebraska job appealing to a Scott Frost type coach if you are 1.) so quick to give up on your current coach(questionable loyalty in recent history) 2.) already have a thread showing concern that you do not have the pieces to run his offense.

The only real reason that I see (and I agree it is a good one) is that his heart may be in Nebraska. However he is a married man now, so it is not all up to him.

Overall, if his dream job is Nebraska, I would thank him for his hard work at UCF and wish him well.

Reactions: ahabmw
UCF had the top G5 recruiting class per rivals this year. In 2016 it was 3rd among G5. In 2015 in the midst of a 0-12 season it was 4th.

That's not the argument. The argument was he could recruit to UCF easier than Nebraska. Sure he would be home every night, but the averages and rankings confirm he would get a higher standard of player here.

You don't know the definition of relevant. This year would be more relevant than last.

Your definition of relevant is akin to saying that you guys are still awesome because you were 6-0 and top 10 halfway through last season...which believe it or not more than one person has tried here. 2017 is the most recent complete/final rankings. There is no sense in comparing next years rankings today. Just like there's no sense in arguing your position.

You don't know the definition of relevant. This year would be more relevant than last.
This year is 2017. The 2018 class hasn't signed yet... Some teams have filled in some more of their class than UCF thus far (as UCF has offers out to some players with multiple P5 offers and have decisions to make). Rivals ranks classes based on quantity. UCF hasn't finished out of the top 5 in all of G5 in many years. They won't be 8th in recruiting in the AAC when the class is signed.

Not to mention that the UCF win over Top 5 Big XII Champion Baylor made us the de facto Big XII champs. That's just one fewer Big XII championship than Nebraska has ever had.

Nebraska has more conference titles than anyone. You have a lot of catching up to do.

And even if Osborne had a rocky relationship with the AD, presidents are frequently involved at this level of hire. And Osborne is Osborne. And it apparently still wasn't enough. Dungy has been extremely clear with his estimation of the situation and he is connected closely to Frost.

No, the President wasn't involved either. The Chancellor had zero relations with Osborne either - for shits sake he pushed TO out the door. Clearly you, and Tony, have no idea WTF was going in with Nebraska.

I bet coachDubs doesn't understand the word "implication"

That's not the argument. The argument was he could recruit to UCF easier than Nebraska. Sure he would be home every night, but the averages and rankings confirm he would get a higher standard of player here.

There is no shortage of high end recruits there, they visit all the time-they just understandably choose the plethora of other Florida schools due to prestige. It's changing, slowly, but changing nonetheless. Our last coach didn't even recruit Florida.

Fake news to say UCF is a commuter school. And I guess for a high school stadium, we do an ok job attracting P5 schools to play there on equal terms.

But congrats on existing 100+ years before us? I'd expect you to have nicer facilities than us. For how young UCF is, it has done a lot and has invested a lot. More than many P5 programs out there.

Until recently, I've had no problem with UCF. In fact, I enjoy watching them play. I have watched all your games to see how SF is doing, I never really considered him a legit candidate to coach here, but I am a fan. However, this influx of shit talking UCF fans is ridiculous. You really seem oblivious to the realities of the Nebraska job. Yes we have struggled the last couple years and have some unrealistic fan expectations, but we still are a big time program, attract big time talent and are a very desireable job. The idea that a team coming off 0-12 and 6-7 seasons playing in the AAC is now superior is a joke. The idea that recruiting at Nebraska is tougher than UCF is a joke (look at the guys we have committed right now). The idea that UCLA and ATM are better jobs than Nebraska is a joke. But thanks for coming over here and trying to put us in our place.

This year is 2017. The 2018 class hasn't signed yet... Some teams have filled in some more of their class than UCF thus far (as UCF has offers out to some players with multiple P5 offers and have decisions to make). Rivals ranks classes based on quantity. UCF hasn't finished out of the top 5 in all of G5 in many years. They won't be 8th in recruiting in the AAC when the class is signed.

Rivals doesn't rank on quantity. If they did Navy would be number 1 now wouldn't they? Your star avg is lower than 5 other AAC teams. Lol recruiting advantage.

vampires-kiss.jpg

He certainly can recruit at a standard that is well above his peers in the conference save for maybe USF and Houston due to being located in fertile recruiting ground. He also isn't facing off with Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State for recruits and doesn't have them on the schedule.

Until recently, I've had no problem with UCF. In fact, I enjoy watching them play. I have watched all your games to see how SF is doing, I never really considered him a legit candidate to coach here, but I am a fan. However, this influx of shit talking UCF fans is ridiculous. You really seem oblivious to the realities of the Nebraska job. Yes we have struggled the last couple years and have some unrealistic fan expectations, but we still are a big time program, attract big time talent and are a very desireable job. The idea that a team coming off 0-12 and 6-7 seasons playing in the AAC is now superior is a joke. The idea that recruiting at Nebraska is tougher than UCF is a joke (look at the guys we have committed right now). The idea that UCLA and ATM are better jobs than Nebraska is a joke. But thanks for coming over here and trying to put us in our place.
I'm not sure why you're quoting me. I never put Nebraska down. There are plenty putting UCF down, though. I even explicitly complemented Nebraska's superior facilities.

He certainly can recruit at a standard that is well above his peers in the conference save for maybe USF and Houston due to being located in fertile recruiting ground. He also isn't facing off with Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State for recruits and doesn't have them on the schedule.

But he would rather go to aTm and play and recruit against Saban every year before he would ever go to Nebraska. Derp

Like I said, blame Bruce for blasting our board and inviting us over. We're just trying to help you all deal with the disappointment when SF says no. You're slowly moving through the stages of denial

Rivals doesn't rank on quantity. If they did Navy would be number 1 now wouldn't they? Your star avg is lower than 5 other AAC teams. Lol recruiting advantage.

vampires-kiss.jpg
Uh it does rank on quantity which is why Nebraska currently ranks behind Purdue while having an average star rating that is nearly a full star higher. Nebraska is top 20 in average rating but ranked 45th. Why is that?

This guy wants people to forget that Nebraska is having a bad run of it but then degrades UCF for recovering from an 0-12 season in two years, and was quite successful before then. Hypocrisy at its finest. By the way, the post you responded to had zero shit talking in it. Shit talking is ignorantly calling another school a joke, like you just did.

Uh it does rank on quantity which is why Nebraska currently ranks behind Purdue while having an average star rating that is nearly a full star higher. Nebraska is top 20 in average rating but ranked 45th. Why is that?

Ok explain to me why 247 has UCF 4th with all the "advantages"

Your definition of relevant is akin to saying that you guys are still awesome because you were 6-0 and top 10 halfway through last season...which believe it or not more than one person has tried here. 2017 is the most recent complete/final rankings. There is no sense in comparing next years rankings today. Just like there's no sense in arguing your position.
But you are literally saying you are great because of your good start to this season. See the hypocrisy?

UCF will never be a playoff contender, unless you someday join a real conference. There are 12 one-loss teams still ranked ahead of you right now.

You don't seem to understand how the system works. UCF is currently behind those 1-loss teams because we started out the year unranked and not even receiving votes...kind of like the current Huskers by the way.

There are several "ifs" involved. But if UCF finishes undefeated and gets into a NY6 bowl and plays even an average game, we should easily start the next season ranked in the Top 20. If we win that NY6 bowl this year, like we did in 2014 (and Houston did two years later) we should start the following season in the Top 15.

Before Houston lost last year, they were being talked about as a possible playoff contender. It will be difficult, but it is a challenge that I think Scott Frost would embrace.

This guy wants people to forget that Nebraska is having a bad run of it but then degrades UCF for recovering from an 0-12 season in two years, and was quite successful before then. Hypocrisy at its finest. By the way, the post you responded to had zero shit talking in it. Shit talking is ignorantly calling another school a joke, like you just did.

Look at your stadium. It took you guys more than a year to build an indoor practice facility for the band. You got left at the altar when the Big12 was contemplating expansion. The Big 12. They didn't even want you. He was calling a spade a spade.

Like I said, blame Bruce for blasting our board and inviting us over. We're just trying to help you all deal with the disappointment when SF says no. You're slowly moving through the stages of denial
Gee thanks. But yet again, no coach anywhere says no to a program like Nebraska to stay at a program like UCF. Maybe it's time for you to start preparing for yet another 0fer season when Frost leaves for wichever P5 school offers first.

Reactions: HuskAir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT