ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

Mods - apologize for starting a second thread - please merge if appropriate

I don’t think Bo is a very good coach and I think he’s a worse person. But it is surprising that he hasn’t been mentioned for one vacancy since being fired.

Exactly.... the market has spoken. Solich, Callahan, and Pelini are right where they should be!

Reactions: Deadeye30
I seriously doubt it’s true, but wouldn’t it be the most Tennessee thing ever if it was?

It would be hilarious (because it’s not happening to us). You’d have to fire the entire administration from president down, right? The PR disaster of throwing away $20 million would be outstanding.

Reactions: headcard
It would be hilarious (because it’s not happening to us). You’d have to fire the entire administration from president down, right? The PR disaster of throwing away $20 million would be outstanding.
I couldn’t even imagine the fall out over something like that.

I couldn’t even imagine the fall out over something like that.

They would have to take Shiano to court or mediation or whatever to try and get some money back. The AD and everyone around him would be gone (I’d be surprised if this isn’t the case either way). And the constant media coverage would be magnificent.

Oops. Same thread even.
They just merged the threads which makes me look even stoooopeder than I normally do because I posted basically the same thing in 2 different threads. I didn't see my response so I thought the post had failed not realizing I was in a different thread.:oops:

Reactions: headcard
I understand why fans don't like the hire.....but at the same time, what other coach is going to want to walk into this situation now? After the fans got the last coach fired before he even signed the paperwork?
My speculation is that they will fire the President, the AD, Schiano (they are going to owe him $20 million), Bring in a new president, new AD (Phil Fulmer) and bring in Tee Martin.

Does Schiano even keep his job at OSU? Big spotlight on him now and expect a lot of new heat...of course Urban has no soul....

ESPN reported an agreement in principle was signed by both parties before fan base found out thus the eventual tilt and backout
I'm no attorney but an agreement in principle is considered a contract and only thing left is to work out details

Look can we not just decide as a nation that Greg is actually guilty of that? The accuser behind this named basically everyone in the university as having seen/known about it in a civil suit that went nowhere. It wasn't even included in the criminal court testimony because it's so flimsy. Tennessee fans reaction to this is virtue signaling to cover for the fact that they just don't like his previous records.

Look can we not just decide as a nation that Greg is actually guilty of that? The accuser behind this named basically everyone in the university as having seen/known about it in a civil suit that went nowhere. It wasn't even included in the criminal court testimony because it's so flimsy. Tennessee fans reaction to this is virtue signaling to cover for the fact that they just don't like his previous records.

Agreed. From what I remember the evidence against him was flimsy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT