ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Morgan

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Would he leave after this season? I would think it would be a strong possibility since his stock likely won't rise when the next coach comes in with a run-only offense to appease an angry fanbase.
I'm not saying he should, or would claim something asinine like the kids should "get out of Lincoln", but his situation is interesting. I think mama demands he gets his degree.

Ive wondered the same. His early drops could be an issue with NFL teams. Not sure of his graduation status, but would a grad transfer be an option? I have no idea how he feels about this staff, school, fans, etc. Depending on the new hire, does he go elsewhere to show his skills?

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Ive wondered the same. His early drops could be an issue with NFL teams. Not sure of his graduation status, but would a grad transfer be an option? I have no idea how he feels about this staff, school, fans, etc. Depending on the new hire, does he go elsewhere to show his skills?
Valid question

Valid question
Not an NFL receiver. It never ceases to amaze me with how inflated our opinions are of some of our players. SM has very inconsistent hands and mental lapses. SM has average speed for a WR and isn't all that big = maybe he gets a free agent tryout.

Reactions: TheNewNU and WHCSC
Don't you have to graduate with a BS before you can be a graduate transfer?

Not an NFL receiver. It never ceases to amaze me with how inflated our opinions are of some of our players. SM has very inconsistent hands and mental lapses. SM has average speed for a WR and isn't all that big = maybe he gets a free agent tryout.
Where did I say he was a sure-fire NFL guy? I never thought Kenny Bell was either. Just stating that he would likely not benefit much in a certain circumstance. That is all.

Like most of our hundreds of great players of the past 15 years, he would be a #1 draft pick with better coaching. So would most of our oline, aka Pipeline Untapped.

Its going to make a great 1-2 combo when Tanner and Stan get drafted in the 1st round.

Have board members started drinking already for the holidays? First we got that one dude talking about UCF players not having to sit out via transfer and now we're going to a run only offense? "Sorry current WRs on the roster, we don't pass at all so we don't need you!" Can anyone clarify how many additional scholarships will open up when we eliminate all of our WRs? Prolly just eliminate TEs while we're at it and get nothing but offensive linemen and running backs. No more QBs either??? 10 Zach Wiegert's and 1 Ameer Abdullah...could that actually work? I'm intrigued!

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
I remember when Quincy enunwa wasn't an NFL receiver.
That wasn't me. I was a HUGE Quincy fan and on multiple occasions I posted that I thought he was the best pure football player on our team his senior year. He could have played multiple positions and would have been an absolute beast on defense IMO. He made some ferocious tackles on special teams and after interceptions. Q had the size and the mentality to go with pretty good speed. I don't think Stanley is tough enough for the NFL and the drops are going to kill him when the scouts watch the video. SM is listed at 6-1, 195 but I don't think he's actually that big and he runs ~4.5. QE was ~6-2,225 and ran a 4.5 with better hands than SM and whole bunch more nasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Have board members started drinking already for the holidays? First we got that one dude talking about UCF players not having to sit out via transfer and now we're going to a run only offense? "Sorry current WRs on the roster, we don't pass at all so we don't need you!" Can anyone clarify how many additional scholarships will open up when we eliminate all of our WRs? Prolly just eliminate TEs while we're at it and get nothing but offensive linemen and running backs. No more QBs either??? 10 Zach Wiegert's and 1 Ameer Abdullah...could that actually work? I'm intrigued!
Yes! Because... Nebraska, that's why. Just run straight ahead every play. Easy

That wasn't me. I was a HUGE Quincy fan and on multiple occasions I posted that I thought he was the best pure football player on our team his senior year. He could have played multiple positions and would have been an absolute beast on defense IMO. He made some ferocious tackles on special teams and after interceptions. Q had the size and the mentality to go with pretty good speed. I don't think Stanley is tough enough for the NFL and the drops are going to kill him when the scouts watch the video. SM is listed at 6-1, 195 but I don't think he's actually that big and he runs ~4.5. QE was ~6-2,225 and ran a 4.5 with better hands than SM and whole bunch more nasty.
I think Stanley compares well with enunwa, I've always thought that, which is why I used him as an example.
I'm not saying he's a top pick or anything but he definitely has a shot, especially if he comes back and has a good year again next year with less early season drops.
Agree to disagree on his NFL potential, I guess.

Quincy Enunwa and Niles Paul surely had more drops than Stanley.
No. They both had some but nothing like Morgan and Morgan isn't as fast as Niles was nor as big as either Enunwa and Paul were as seniors. They had 30 lbs on Morgan and were way more physical college receivers. Size matters.

No. Quincy had more. Several per game.

Also, J.D Spielman currently leads the nation in receiving yards for all freshmen.

Last edited:
Morgan will get a shot. However, no one is mentioning ( if they have, sorry) that J.D Spielman currently leads the nation in receiving yards for all freshmen. I think he will be a better pro prospect in a couple of years.

I think he's an NFL receiver and Frost's offense is only going to help him. He's already a much more polished receiver than Enunwa or Niles Paul ever were and there's no way he has more drops than those two. This is coming from a guy who was very critical of him before the start of the year.

I don’t know what to make of him. He has lots of drops, seems quite slow, and against teams like osu got shut down and couldn’t separate on routes. I am not sure what I find more ludicrous, the thought he could go pro next year or that NU does nothing but run the ball. Silly season is upon us.

Stan has as many great catches as he has drops. The Drops issue Stan has can be fixed. He might not be an elite type NFL WR, but he is a great overall prospect. Dudes got size, his very strong for a WR (which will help a lot in the NFL), has good enough speed and can block good enough. No idea why a few on this board thinks he’s not a good NFL WR over a few drops he has. Again, he’s got as many one handed and greats catches as he does drops. That’s an issue that can be fixed and NFL coaches know this.

Would he leave after this season? I would think it would be a strong possibility since his stock likely won't rise when the next coach comes in with a run-only offense to appease an angry fanbase.
I'm not saying he should, or would claim something asinine like the kids should "get out of Lincoln", but his situation is interesting. I think mama demands he gets his degree.

UCF has thrown for over 3,000 yards and their leading receiver is closing in on 1,000.

Abdullah is in the league, and he fumbles every other play.

I think he’ll get a chance in the NFL and another year would benefit him tremendously.

I’ll go out on a limb and predict that whoever is coaching here next year will have some forward pass plays in the playbook.

I think he’ll get a chance in the NFL and another year would benefit him tremendously.

I’ll go out on a limb and predict that whoever is coaching here next year will have some forward pass plays in the playbook.
That will not work here.

UCF has thrown for over 3,000 yards and their leading receiver is closing in on 1,000.
How many yards against Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State did ucf throw for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT