ADVERTISEMENT

Should Iowa fire their coach?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
How long has he been around, and how many times has he played for the National Championship?
You would think at some point he would have to win something of note.
(especially with allegations of racism and white supremacy)

what say you?

How long has he been around, and how many times has he played for the National Championship?

what say you?
They should probably get rid of him. Getting rid of coaches on a more frequent basis always yields better results.

what say you?
Here’s to hoping our program gets better than Iowa’s so some Nebraska posters can start obsessing about other programs. Nebraska posters have started FIVE threads alone on the first page of our forum about Iowa and we are over a month away from playing them. Just checked their board and there are ZERO Nebraska threads.

Are you thinking that getting rid of Ferentz might be the best way Nebraska can beat Iowa? He has beat the Huskers head to head by over a 2:1 margin since we joined the B1G.

Last edited:

what say you?
He gets a bonus for 7 wins.. Iowa is very happy with his performance.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticalObserver
Here’s to hoping our program gets better than Iowa’s so some Nebraska posters can start obsessing about other programs. Nebraska posters have started FIVE threads alone on the first page of our forum about Iowa and we are over a month away from playing them. Just checked their board and there are ZERO Nebraska threads.

Are you thinking that getting rid of Ferentz might be the best way Nebraska can beat Iowa? He has beat the Huskers head to head by over a 2:1 margin since we joined the B1G.

The Last coach we had that beat Ferentz we fired less than 48 hours later. Ever since then thru he has waxed our coaches asses 6 years straight!

It's sad that the only way some of our fans think we can beat teams is to wish that programs downfall instead of just getting better at coaching and DEVELOPMENT!

Even if we beat them this year some kind of way its like wow we still a .500 or below team and 1-6 in the last 7 years. Woopee..

Their board is usually all about Nebraska and Frost....good try.

• Haha
The Last coach we had that beat Ferentz we fired less than 48 hours later. Ever since then thru he has waxed our coaches asses 6 years straight!
But he didn't do it "the Nebraska way." 😐

I know the point is moot, and I know I now have the benefit of hindsight, but I do think Nebraska would be better off right now had Eichorst (dipshit) not fired him. At least not fired him then.

As far as the Iowa obsession, I really don't get it. Do I wish Nebraska was ranked #2 right now? Sure. But I don't want to be an Iowa fan. Plus, we (my girl) have 3 cats, and I could NEVER wear black for any significant length of time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
What’s the point of this thread when their ranked 2nd in the country?
really I'm making several points:

1. this is the first thread about Iowa I have ever made. and partially inspired by some recent heavy
trolldom by "iowa fan" in my other posts that don't have anything to do with iowa.
plus we understand this iowa #2 ranking is fleeting at best. (can you say ohio state and sec?)
2. I was also inspired by a "ohio state fan"
who thinks frost and mich coach should be fired, due to their record
...but
I think a more sinister reason is involved (wishing a coaching carousel, upon NU and mich)
3. I'm also touching upon the "NU fan"
who thinks Nebraska should win a NC every other year,and has no firm grasp on reality, thus says fire frost every other post.

there's a plethora of points being addressed on multiple levels to the trained eye.
but I tend to keep it simple for the masses.

Last edited:
  • Haha

1. this is the first thread about Iowa I have ever made. and partially inspired by some recent heavy
trolldom by "iowa fan"
in my other posts that don't have anything to do with iowa. plus we understand this iowa #2 ranking fleeting at best. (can you say ohio state and sec?)
...but
I think a more sinister reason is involved (wishing a coaching carousel, upon NU and mich)
who thinks Nebraska should win a NC every other year,and has no firm grasp on reality, thus says fire frost every other post.

there's other points being addressed, but I tend to keep it simple for the masses.
No you’re not…

Harbaugh and Frost have nothing to do Ferentz getting fired because of racism..

what say you?

I would guess the racism and white supremacy would completely kill recruiting and the loss of talent of all the players transferring because of those factors would lead to such a poor product on the field that Iowa would have to fire him.

No you’re not…

Harbaugh and Frost have nothing to do Ferentz getting fired because of racism..
racism and white supremacy was a secondary note put in parentheses. the main thrust of the post was about his complete avoidance of a National Championship game.

plus I'm a calvinist, who understands all have fallen thus, contrary to popular opinion, I can't be supreme nor can the iowa coach.

what say you?
I say no. I want lil ferentz to take over.

what say you?
If I can be real for a bit...

Iowa has been a better program for years. They have an identity and have put way more players into the NFL.

You know what's fvcking pathetic? Nebraska fans flaunting a 25 year old trophy. Some of our fans talk shit to Iowa for hanging banners for bowl games they were in....we haven't been to a bowl game in a while.

You might want to take this fake sense of superiority and shut the fvck up with it...it is the most cancerous part of our fanbase and I wouldn't shed a tear if it disappeared forever. Fvcking pathetic.

But then again, that's just my opinion

Reactions: steve malkmus
racism and white supremacy was a secondary note put in parentheses. the main thrust of the post was about his complete avoidance of a National Championship game.

plus I'm a calvinist, who understands all have fallen thus, contrary to popular opinion, I can't be supreme nor can the iowa coach.
Besides this year Ferentz 2015 team was the only team he has had to be considered for the playoffs and before that 1985 Hayden Fry team lost to Ohio St and beaten badly by UCLA in the Rose Bowl.

Ioway fans have been happy with 7+ winning seasons since Fry arrived in Ioway City..

Noway they would fire him and it will be on his terms when he retires..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
If I can be real for a bit...

Iowa has been a better program for years. They have an identity and have put way more players into the NFL.

You know what's fvcking pathetic? Nebraska fans flaunting a 25 year old trophy. Some of our fans talk shit to Iowa for hanging banners for bowl games they were in....we haven't been to a bowl game in a while.

You might want to take this fake sense of superiority and shut the fvck up with it...it is the most cancerous part of our fanbase and I wouldn't shed a tear if it disappeared forever. Fvcking pathetic.

But then again, that's just my opinion
I was actually parroting what some NU fans say on here....in the original post...
I'm for giving frost time..not expecting a NC every other year...

plus iowa fans have trolled here lately a bit so perhaps there was a shot involved also

Last edited:
Besides this year Ferentz 2015 team was the only team he has had to be considered for the playoffs and before that 1985 Hayden Fry team lost to Ohio St and beaten badly by UCLA in the Rose Bowl.

Ioway fans have been happy with 7+ winning seasons since Fry arrived in Ioway City..

Noway they would fire him and it will be on his terms when he retires..
so your saying coaching consistency is important, and nu fan who ignores dr. tom, went from 72 to 93 without a NC, is not consistent with wanting a NC every other year?

trolldom by "iowa fan" in my other posts that don't have anything to do with iowa.
plus we understand this iowa #2 ranking is fleeting at best. (can you say ohio state and sec?)
...but

there's a plethora of points being addressed on multiple levels to the trained eye.
but I tend to keep it simple for the masses.
The Ohio State fan is right. Both Michigan and Nebraska will never regain what they once had with their current coaches. I am sure you disagree with that but most objective folks understand that.

The Ohio State fan is right. Both Michigan and Nebraska will never regain what they once had with their current coaches. I am sure you disagree with that but most objective folks understand that.
I'm not sure ohio state fan knows about working with legit coaches, seeing trestle was let go paying players. and urban backed wife beating assistant coaches then ran. legit being a keyword. on and off field.

I'm not sure ohio state fan knows about working with legit coaches, seeing trestle was let go paying players. and urban backed wife beating assistant coaches then ran. legit being a keyword. on and off fie

I'm not sure ohio state fan knows about working with legit coaches, seeing trestle was let go paying players. and urban backed wife beating assistant coaches then ran. legit being a keyword. on and off field.
Then why did you site this Ohio State fan as one of the reasons for your post??? Get some logic!

because this particular ohio state fan has a mic and talks about NU, so logicly I commented on it.
Well, congratulations. You just answered your own question of why raise a question asked by an Ohio State fan. Get some logic!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT