ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor has it

It hasnt worked? Have you seen the offensive rankings? Scoring offense is the worst part along with turnover margin. They move the ball like crazy
Not in the red zone they don't. Dumpster fire of hot garbage.

It hasnt worked? Have you seen the offensive rankings? Scoring offense is the worst part along with turnover margin. They move the ball like crazy
I know, I think it could be similar to OSU's. Problem has been atrocious special teams and inability to make a play in crunch time. Defense was better this year but could never make a stop in critical situations. Offense, defense and special teams fold under any type of pressure and fall apart afterwards.

thats what makes it so hard to have a dedicated ST coach. There may have be a shuffle on the defensive side. I dont think Frost should coach a postion. Why cant Chin man one of the LB spots? If the OC has to man a position, he should too.

Or maybe we are going ALL OUT on AIR RAID and wont need a RB coach. WR coach can coach them. 🤣
Beckton has coached wide receivers before, so they could combine the TEs and WRs and assign Beckton a GA for that group, but then what would Mickey Joseph do, if indeed he is being targeted as an assistant.

Reactions: headcard
Beckton has coached wide receivers before, so they could combine the TEs and WRs and assign Beckton a GA for that group, but then what would Mickey Joseph do, if indeed he is being targeted as an assistant.

Mickey has coached RBs before, at Louisiana Tech and Central Oklahoma.

Not in the red zone they don't. Dumpster fire of hot garbage.

Need better OL and RB play in the red zone. More creative play calling would help too. We're very good with a lot of space, which is why we were one of the best few teams in the country at creating big plays.

Yep, and he would struggle on the recruiting trail as well.
He relates well with hard working young men and not as much with those that need pampering. I prefer a coach to be able to get and work with the prior.

Have you ever met and talked to coach Brown or are you just making an opinion based on his valued versus yours?

I spent an evening with him many years on a recruiting visit, I came away as impressed as I have been with another human being.
He’s a 65 year old who voluntarily stepped out of coaching, doesn’t sound like someone who you send your kid to for 4-5 years.

He’s a 65 year old who voluntarily stepped out of coaching, doesn’t sound like someone who you send your kid to for 4-5 years.
Well, that certainly settles it doesn't it? He is 65 and decided to quit the coaching gig. The nerve of him for doing that. I can't believe OU brought Stoops back to finish the year. After all, he "voluntarily stepped out of coaching" as well.

I ask again, have you ever met or spoken with the guy? Your bias is showing and it is ugly.

Ron was fast friends with Ameer Abdullah who happens to be a non-bible thumping muslim. I think moms love to send their kids to be mentored by Ron Brown. Ron has probably made some mistakes in the past but IF you want to see a bible thumper who has succeeded go check out Dabo Swinney.

Reactions: barney44
Ron was fast friends with Ameer Abdullah who happens to be a non-bible thumping muslim. I think moms love to send their kids to be mentored by Ron Brown. Ron has probably made some mistakes in the past but IF you want to see a bible thumper who has succeeded go check out Dabo Swinney.
Yeah, I wasn’t saying it for that reason, age and his future are what I was referring to.

Well, that certainly settles it doesn't it? He is 65 and decided to quit the coaching gig. The nerve of him for doing that. I can't believe OU brought Stoops back to finish the year. After all, he "voluntarily stepped out of coaching" as well.

I ask again, have you ever met or spoken with the guy? Your bias is showing and it is ugly.
My bias? He’s a 65 year old dude who stepped away from coaching. Stoops is 61 and is being an interim coach like Alvarez was. I’m happy you met Ron a quarter century ago, I’m sure it’s super relevant to him coaching today.

Ron Brown staying on at RB (sucks)
tumblr_inline_monmeoY4XF1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: headcard
The contributions Ron Brown has made to young men over the years far out-shadows any negativity from him being a bit over the top on religious views.

Like anything in life, you take what you can learn from people and keep moving.

Those that criticize him, probably haven't made even a fraction of the contribution to society that he has.

The contributions Ron Brown has made to young men over the years far out-shadows any negativity from him being a bit over the top on religious views.

Like anything in life, you take what you can learn from people and keep moving.

Those that criticize him, probably haven't made even a fraction of the contribution to society that he has.
The man is absolutely
Ron Brown is the best one listed.
I wish he had been hired head coach 15 years ago
Not sure how I feel about that scenario. Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan. Met the dude and he is as humble as anyone can be. He has a huge heart.

"Football is just part of the equation for my life.

As much as I’ve loved football since I was a little boy, it enables me to do the things that are more important than coaching football. It enables me to fulfill a love and a dream that I’ve had inside of me my entire life."

https://unlcms.unl.edu/journalism2/cojmc/alumni/jnews/archive/95_winter/brown.html

I absolutely implore everybody to read this.

Reactions: Lars72
Brown is currently in charge of player development and we can see how that has gone…. He is also a senior offensive analyst so he has helped create the current dumpster fire, apparently…

This arms race in college football is absolutely insane. If some of these numbers on contracts are legit NU better hope Frost works out with new coaches and additional ideas. I just don't see NU ever offering these absurd contracts of 10+ years and 100 mil plus. Maybe im wrong. But this is setting a precedent on hiring the best or splashiest coaches.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
This arms race in college football is absolutely insane. If some of these numbers on contracts are legit NU better hope Frost works out with new coaches and additional ideas. I just don't see NU ever offering these absurd contracts of 10+ years and 100 mil plus. Maybe im wrong. But this is setting a precedent on hiring the best or splashiest coaches.
13 months ago LSU did this…

Today they are paying one man 100 million plus…

Correct. NU will never sign-off on those kinds of checks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT