ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Parsons

cmblizz96

Walk On
Jun 19, 2001
Has their been any word on him or what he thinks of Frost being hired or has that ship sailed already?

Based on Parsons tweet, I could care less where he ends up.
No doubt that idea was planted in his head by rival recruiters BUT In the eyes of many recruits who haven't been on their campus, UCF is an equal to NU. Parsons wasn't alive or was in diapers when NU was really good. I understand where he's coming from but from his visit with Riley's staff, he doesn't understand what NU means to people from the state. I'll cut him some slack and yes I still would love to have him. He has difference making talent.

He was never going to come. Now he has a built in excuse to let husker nation down.

Urban built Utah (non-P5 at the time) but left for Florida

Franklin built up Vandy but left for PSU

Sssooooo....

THEN, Urban dumped Florida over health excuses to flee to Ohio State. ...emotional reaction to a staff he bonded with. I get that. Hopefully, he has a good cadre of advisers around him. Good luck to him going forward whatever he decides.

No doubt that idea was planted in his head by rival recruiters BUT In the eyes of many recruits who haven't been on their campus, UCF is an equal to NU. Parsons wasn't alive or was in diapers when NU was really good. I understand where he's coming from but from his visit with Riley's staff, he doesn't understand what NU means to people from the state. I'll cut him some slack and yes I still would love to have him. He has difference making talent.
If I am a football player at his level, I know what Nebraska is. And there have been plenty of players with difference making talent that didn't amount to much after four year of college FB. Throwing shade a coach the ran the table this year, in addition to his very lengthy list of accomplishments as a player and a coach is just BS.

Reactions: ExxHusker
If I am a football player at his level, I know what Nebraska is. And there have been plenty of players with difference making talent that didn't amount to much after four year of college FB. Throwing shade a coach the ran the table this year, in addition to his very lengthy list of accomplishments as a player and a coach is just BS.
Agree, I get the feeling that Parson thinks a little to much of himself and that he is an I before team type of player, imo.

Agree, I get the feeling that Parson thinks a little to much of himself and that he is an I before team type of player, imo.
IIRC, this was the vibe I got awhile back when he was on NU's radar. Then of course the wheels came off the energy bus.

Let's say Riley would have been given another couple of years. In those 2 years Nebraska has 2 more losing seasons. Wouldn't he get discouraged & transfer anyway?

Does anyone know if Riley's crew recruited Qb Jace Ruder from Norton, Kansas? seems like Scott should take a look at him. He's committed to the Tar Heels. Carolina isn't going anywhere. I would think Scott could put the full court press on him if he is worth it.

Has their been any word on him or what he thinks of Frost being hired or has that ship sailed already?
I think Frost should pull the offer. Other programs have steered clear of him and NU should do the same.

I don’t believe SF needs to put up with attitude. He means business and recruits that we want mean business and will respond to our new staff. Recruiting will be more than fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT