ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Basketball

I don't remember the year but Nebraska men's basketball upset Kansas 39 to 37 on a Saturday night and then defeated Kansas State on Monday night. I don't remember the score or the ranking of the 2 Kansas teams but KU had Wilt Chamberlain, who was a man among boys. Our biggest player was Dr. Bob Harry, all of 6 feet 6 inches. Jim Kubacki made the winning field goal. This was before the shot clock. I also don't remember if K State had Bob Boozer from Omaha Tech on that team.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
I don't remember the year but Nebraska men's basketball upset Kansas 39 to 37 on a Saturday night and then defeated Kansas State on Monday night. I don't remember the score or the ranking of the 2 Kansas teams but KU had Wilt Chamberlain, who was a man among boys. Our biggest player was Dr. Bob Harry, all of 6 feet 6 inches. Jim Kubacki made the winning field goal. This was before the shot clock. I also don't remember if K State had Bob Boozer from Omaha Tech on that team.
There was a lid on the peach basket for KU that night😉

Reactions: huskerfan66
I think you are quite accurate. Back in that timeframe there were no college women’s sports to compare. Fred Hoiberg’s mother would have been a big time athlete at UNL in the mid 60’s if there were women’s sports at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT