ADVERTISEMENT

Replacements for Alberts - time to move on

We gotta stop hiring these ADs that secretly want to live on a ranch

Best thing right now would be Cook as the interim. Sorry volleyball, promote from within there too. We need continuity otherwise we could see another Rhule - Panthers type situation. He needs to feel invested in, protected so that he keeps going balls to the wall

Reactions: cavalot
This is so true!

Every time I hear or see "Ohhhh, the ladies play tonight" from a guy, I cringe a bit.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF
Did some little filly break your heart?

Names that will be discussed based solely on their interest in the past or their connection with the university.

Jamie Pollard
Ed Stewart
John Cook

What say you?
Is it "Money Talks" or is this a case of the Bull Shit making him walk?

We gotta stop hiring these ADs that secretly want to live on a ranch

Best thing right now would be Cook as the interim. Sorry volleyball, promote from within there too. We need continuity otherwise we could see another Rhule - Panthers type situation. He needs to feel invested in, protected so that he keeps going balls to the wall
Wait a minute now.... surely you know that Cook has been spending all of his free time on a roping horse the last couple years? He LITERALLY (and not secretly) wants to live on a ranch!

Is it "Money Talks" or is this a case of the Bull Shit making him walk?

He can change jobs but that's not getting him out of being involved in this lawsuit until it is resolved.

Names that will be discussed based solely on their interest in the past or their connection with the university.

Jamie Pollard
Ed Stewart
John Cook

What say you?
I like the idea with Ed and John. Kinda meh on Pollard, but at least he's got serious experience. I don;t know the landscape, but is there an up and comer AD somewhere?

Jamie Pollard
Ed Stewart
John Cook

What say you?
I have no doubt that Pollard is a good AD with limited resources and probably a heck of a great guy. Not sure I want ANYONE with Wisconsin connections near my athletic department again!!

Wait a minute now.... surely you know that Cook has been spending all of his free time on a roping horse the last couple years? He LITERALLY (and not secretly) wants to live on a ranch!
I forgot about that! 😂 F————-k!!! At least it’s not a secret…? 🥹

• Haha
Reactions: mgbreis
A couple we should kick the tires on that jump to my mind.

Travis Goff KU: He is young, ambitious, and extremely frustrated with their NIL situation. Hired a great FB coach who turned their program around and has invested in FB facilities. He’s a KU guy, but Trev was a Nebraska guy so…..

Mack Rhodes Baylor: He weathered the Briles scandal, so he should be able to handle this Chuck Love soap opera. Hired Rhule and has overseen facilities upgrades for BB and FB.

Last edited:
A couple we should kick the tires on that jump to my mind.

Travis Goff KU: He is young, ambitious, and extremely frustrated with their NIL situation. Hired a great FB coach who turned their program around and has invested in FB facilities. He’s a KU guy, but Trev was a Nebraska guy so…..

Mack Rhodes Baylor: He weathered the Briles scandal. Hired Rhule. And has overseen facilities upgrades.
Don't know these guys, but I love these types of names. Include Pollard in the group. We need a professional proven AD, not some guy that used to play linebacker or coached volleyball.

Trev was making 1.7M at NU. A&M was paying 1.4M to their last guy. Guessing he'll be in the 2M range. Would that really be enough to make him leave NU?? Gut's telling me there's more to this story.....hope I'm wrong.
trev's salary was already set to move to $2.1M at NU in 2026 with his contract extension

Reactions: leodisflowers
Don't know these guys, but I love these types of names. Include Pollard in the group. We need a professional proven AD, not some guy that used to play linebacker or coached volleyball.
Pollard been at ISU since 2005. 59 years old. Would seem like prime age to make one more move. He would double his current salary easily at NU vs ISU. One of his daughters on track/cross country team.

He was really good in getting Matt Campbell and locking him up with his contract buyout. Campbell has been a little disappointing post Brock Purdy era though.

Pollard been at ISU since 2005. 59 years old. Would seem like prime age to make one more move. He would double his current salary easily at NU vs ISU. One of his daughters on track/cross country team.

He was really good in getting Matt Campbell and locking him up with his contract buyout. Campbell has been a little disappointing post Brock Purdy era though.
yuck

no thanks

But he hit a home run with his Men’s basketball hire..

Ed Stewart is a very qualified for the Job . Not that I am pushing for it .Cook shouldn’t even be in the conversation. the days of former coaches taking the ADs job are long gone. It’s just to big of a business now.

• Love
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Right now I would put Ed Stewart on the top of my list as best qualified that would also be interested in the job. He's definitely paid his dues and has gotten very good experience in the big 12 and other universities on his way up.

Jamie Pollard
Ed Stewart
John Cook

What say you?
Warren Buffet should buy the Nebraska Athletic Program from the University at a P/E of 10 and make it part of Berkshire Hathaway. The University could get a cool $150M for the remainder of the University and the athletic program could be run as a business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT