ADVERTISEMENT

Replacements for Alberts - time to move on

Yep. This is why I'm queezy. Something is wrong I'm afraid. Something coming down. Friction somewhere. Stadium renovation issues??? ie ticking people off about losing seats???????????????????????????????
Some accounting discrepancy perhaps.

If we have to make a hire it better be someone that gets in a room with Rhule and they leave like
Proud Billy Gardell GIF by CBS

A couple we should kick the tires on that jump to my mind.

Travis Goff KU: He is young, ambitious, and extremely frustrated with their NIL situation. Hired a great FB coach who turned their program around and has invested in FB facilities. He’s a KU guy, but Trev was a Nebraska guy so…..

Mack Rhodes Baylor: He weathered the Briles scandal, so he should be able to handle this Chuck Love soap opera. Hired Rhule and has overseen facilities upgrades for BB and FB.
Both would be home run hires.

Welp. That's great.

If Rhule's here after this season I'll eat my hat.

Starting over every 3-5 years is just awesome.

No thank you.
The only problem I would have with John Cook being the AD is that he is too much of a straight shooter for that type of job. There's a lot of politics involved with that job and I don't know if John Cook would have the patience to deal with that.

Reactions: mgbreis
The only problem I would have with John Cook being the AD is that he is too much of a straight shooter for that type of job. There's a lot of politics involved with that job and I don't know if John Cook would have the patience to deal with that.
He really doesn’t seem like a greasy schmoozer, does he?

Shit people, let’s get a President and a chancellor.

That has to be the #1 reason why he considered leaving NU.

He was left without a paddle on row boat.
They just got a new chancellor. In my way of thinking the employees of the UNL campus should report to the chancellor. That includes the athletic director. I thought putting the UNL AD under the president was, odd, wrong, and going to be a problem in the future. And those chickens have come home to roost. No sooner did the president get the power, he quit. Now the AD has no boss.

They just got a new chancellor. In my way of thinking the employees of the UNL campus should report to the chancellor. That includes the athletic director. I thought putting the UNL AD under the president was, odd, wrong, and going to be a problem in the future. And those chickens have come home to roost. No sooner did the president get the power, he quit. Now the AD has no boss.
Exactly right.

Reactions: huskerfan66
But he hit a home run with his Men’s basketball hire..
TJ was a big time home run. Look at his track record of hiring who he wants. As high a percentage of successful hires that I have observed in my lifetime. The only bad hire was one that was forced on him by a previous president(Steven Leath) who then had to leave Ames because of his illegal use of the University airplanes for personal use. Leath forced Pollard to hire Steve Prohm the former men's basketball coach. And we know how that turned out. Pollard is very bright, has a high regard for UNL and his daughter went to UNL as a student to run cross country. He may not want to leave Iowa State but if he did UNL would get a close look because he is a midwest guy that would really like the future and financial stability of the BIG versus the Big 12.

We gotta stop hiring these ADs that secretly want to live on a ranch

Best thing right now would be Cook as the interim. Sorry volleyball, promote from within there too. We need continuity otherwise we could see another Rhule - Panthers type situation. He needs to feel invested in, protected so that he keeps going balls to the wall

You realize that John Cook lives on a ranch in Wyoming, right?

He doesn't want the AD job, he wants to spend half the year on his ranch playing cowboy. He basically lets his assistants run the program in the offseason. And it seems to be working out well, so good for him.

But to be fair, at the time, I thought it was good. I didn't mind it when Greene was here. But he left. Would rather it be under Carter than a new president.

TJ was a big time home run. Look at his track record of hiring who he wants. As high a percentage of successful hires that I have observed in my lifetime. The only bad hire was one that was forced on him by a previous president(Steven Leath) who then had to leave Ames because of his illegal use of the University airplanes for personal use. Leath forced Pollard to hire Steve Prohm the former men's basketball coach. And we know how that turned out. Pollard is very bright, has a high regard for UNL and his daughter went to UNL as a student to run cross country. He may not want to leave Iowa State but if he did UNL would get a close look because he is a midwest guy that would really like the future and financial stability of the BIG versus the Big 12.
Was kinda my thinking as well. As much as Ed Stewart would be popular and check some boxes, he hasn't been a div 1 pwr 5 AD. I would think NU would interest Pollard under normal conditions, but right now, we look anything but normal.

I could see an interim AD being named until a president is hired. Maybe the current associate AD (assuming there is one and assuming that Osborne wouldn’t want to be interim AD again).

He’s not a good communicator and he’s not a dynamic personality. And he has no experience. He should not even be a candidate.

Ed Stewart. Both he and Trev were captains, all-Americans here and doing well on the Admin side of football. One big difference between Ed and Trev, Ed got a ring. Trev did not.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Can we steal whoever is at UCF?

Making them lose their shit was hilarious
That was Danny White. He's at Tennessee now.

When he was at UCF, he spent lots of energy bitching about the "cartel" that was the P5. Then jumped into that cartel first chance he got.

He'd be a good get but no idea why he'd leave Tennessee, although he was playing footsie with Nebraska at the time we hired Moos.

Reactions: leodisflowers
That was Danny White. He's at Tennessee now.

When he was at UCF, he spent lots of energy bitching about the "cartel" that was the P5. Then jumped into that cartel first chance he got.

He'd be a good get but no idea why he'd leave Tennessee, although he was playing footsie with Nebraska at the time we hired Moos.
I'm aware but who is there now? Malzahn was a decent hire for a shitter like them

Reactions: Mack In Motion
He's borderline autistic.
However, he is extremely focused and can do whatever he sets his mind on doing. I think he would make a good manager, in all reality, coaching is a lot like managing. Could he manage the athletic department? I think he could handle the business side of things. However, as a couple posters have said, he is not a people person, that is the biggest strike against John Cook becoming the AD, even an interim AD.

Glissman's career path is crazy. He went from being a Class D-2 high school basketball coach in Nebraska to the Director of Operations for the NBA. I doubt he is coming here if he's in line to be SEC Commissioner.
Really?

That is nuts, I had no idea. How did he make that kind of jump?

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT