ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue prediction thread

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Don’t see a prediction thread so here goes.

Tough game to call. Purdue does not seem that good, but with the exception of Ohio State they have been competitive in every game they have played. And our offense is decimated with injuries. Our defense is excellent but Purdue has a good enough offense to uncork a few big plays here and there to at least set them up for field goals. So our offense had better not turn it over and it needs to generate more than 14 points I think.

Nebraska 17
Purdue 13

Last edited:
Don’t see a prediction thread so here goes.

Tough game to call. Purdue does not seem that good, but with the exception of Ohio State they have been competitive in every game they have played. And our offense is decimated with injuries. Our defense is excellent but Purdue has a good enough offense to uncork a few big plays here and there to at least set them up for field goals. So our offense has better not turn it over and it needs to generate more than 14 points I think.

Nebraska 17
Purdue 13
If Purdue got 13 through a missed extra point, I could get behind this. First to 20 might win.

Reactions: Wasker77
Time for ST Coach Ed Foley to start earning his $550,000 salary. Ain’t seen any really special from ST yet.

That said, I see a blocked punt returned for TD and a strip sack recovery for a TD. And 2 fields goals. Nebraska 20 - 17.

PU will have 8-9 in the box
PU will probably take 10 shots deep. Hope for a flag on 2-3 of them, hope to catch 2-3.

They have nothing at all to lose. Their season is over and they need to do something to sell some sort of hope to their fan.

Reactions: Badger Pete
Haarberg needs to be accurate in the passing game because Purdue will indeed stuff the line in order to stop the run first. But so far this year Haarberg has shown no ability to be consistently accurate with his passes or to see open receivers. He needs to play above the level he has played so far in order for us to win this game. And if he doesn't, we need to give Sims another shot.

PU will have 8-9 in the box
PU will probably take 10 shots deep. Hope for a flag on 2-3 of them, hope to catch 2-3.

They have nothing at all to lose. Their season is over and they need to do something to sell some sort of hope to their fan.
They don't need to sell hope. The hope is the recruiting class coming in to kick the rebuild off. This year was 5-6 wins with Brohm.

They don't need to sell hope. The hope is the recruiting class coming in to kick the rebuild off. This year was 5-6 wins with Brohm.
There is no rebuild. Purdue will be back to being Purdue. Brohm was the best chance to be even top 5 in the Big 10. Even if your current coach has success, he is at Colorado in 3 years and you are talking about another rebuild. Purdue is a basketball school and will never be a player in CFB no matter how many times you come over here and run your gums about their potential.

Haarberg needs to be accurate in the passing game because Purdue will indeed stuff the line in order to stop the run first. But so far this year Haarberg has shown no ability to be consistently accurate with his passes or to see open receivers. He needs to play above the level he has played so far in order for us to win this game. And if he doesn't, we need to give Sims another shot.
Hopefully Satterfield dials up plenty of deep shots off play action. Throwing short/intermediate routes down the middle is too risky for HH. Purdue can’t stack the box and take away deep routes at the same time.

There is no rebuild. Purdue will be back to being Purdue. Brohm was the best chance to be even top 5 in the Big 10. Even if your current coach has success, he is at Colorado in 3 years and you are talking about another rebuild. Purdue is a basketball school and will never be a player in CFB no matter how many times you come over here and run your gums about their potential.
Nothing to suggest Walters wants to go to Colorado. But ok. The rest doesn't make total sense. Past doesn't equal future. Not sure what potential I'm hyping up? I had Purdue a 6 wins this year. Really hyping them up...

NU 20
PU 17

Defense comes up with a big turnover in the second half to seal the win..

Boilers we‘ll be putting the ball in the air early and often hoping to get cheap points off of interference calls.

Reactions: pahusker139
You have been on this board for years telling us just wait for how good Purdue is going to be... Just wait.. Walters is Colorado born and bred and it is well known he is on their radar. When Neon Deion leaves he is probably one of their first calls especially if he has any small success at Purdue. Purdue and Colorado are probably equivalents and for Purdue to ever be worth a shit it is going to take a Deion like hire.

Jeff Brohm actually got worse for the first 4 years he was there and then got a little bit better when the West was hot garbage. He was trending down again and went to a place that he loves and also thinks he has a better opportunity to win at. There is a Purdue board. Post your prediction and stay over there.

Nothing to suggest Walters wants to go to Colorado. But ok. The rest doesn't make total sense. Past doesn't equal future. Not sure what potential I'm hyping up? I had Purdue a 6 wins this year. Really hyping them up...
I'd be shocked if Walters doesn't want to end back up at his alma mater.

Big 12 is going to be the easiest path to a CFP spot after this year.

I mean, picking 6 wins for a team that historically has probably average 4 wins per season is a bit hypey.

I mean, picking 6 wins for a team that historically has probably average 4 wins per season is a bit hypey.
Purdue has averaged 5.6 wins since start of Tiller. Over 6 if you exclude Hazell. But ok. Not going to hijack this thread about my two favorite college footballs teams.

Jeff Brohm actually got worse for the first 4 years he was there and then got a little bit better when the West was hot garbage. He was trending down again and went to a place that he loves and also thinks he has a better opportunity to win at. There is a Purdue board. Post your prediction and stay over there.
Would be glad to explain part of why this happen. Not in this thread though. Feel free to DM me or start a thread about this. If you don't care to understand and want to spew crap instead, see ya at the game Saturday.

Purdue has averaged 5.6 wins since start of Tiller. Over 6 if you exclude Hazell. But ok. Not going to hijack this thread about my two favorite college footballs teams.
Hazell and Hope, you gotta pick one. Who would you pick to be the HC at Purdue?

Would be glad to explain part of why this happen. Not in this thread though. Feel free to DM me or start a thread about this. If you don't care to understand and want to spew crap instead, see ya at the game Saturday.
We don’t need any other threads on Purdue nor does anyone care. It’s Purdue…

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
I don't remember when we have won three in a row. We have way too many injuries to move the ball against anything but a pillow. Purdue has won the last 4 ? They have confidence. Purdue has more offense than we do and I bet a few deep passes set up FG's for the win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT