ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue prediction thread

Nebraska 17
Purdue 10

However, I am very concerned about their passing game breaking lose. We stop the run and pressure the QB well. It has been heartbreaking to see teams escape on 3rd and long with pressure. Hope we have a plan to break through them loading the box to stop our run game and QB run game. Not sure what would work; FB, option attack or taking shots down the field?

Nebraska 17
Purdue 10

However, I am very concerned about their passing game breaking lose. We stop the run and pressure the QB well. It has been heartbreaking to see teams escape on 3rd and long with pressure. Hope we have a plan to break through them loading the box to stop our run game and QB run game. Not sure what would work; FB, option attack or taking shots down the field?
I’m not confident in our DBs. Hartzog in particular has been a disappointment this year.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I’m not confident in our DBs. Hartzog in particular has been a disappointment this year.
I'm confident in our DBs

agree Hartzog has given up big plays but he's playing 3 different positions

make card beat us consistently with accuracy under pressure - winning formula

Reactions: headcard
I'm confident in our DBs

That's probably what determines that game in general. Which QB can make more throws. I trust a healthy Card. Not really his receivers to get open.

Don’t see a prediction thread so here goes.

Tough game to call. Purdue does not seem that good, but with the exception of Ohio State they have been competitive in every game they have played. And our offense is decimated with injuries. Our defense is excellent but Purdue has a good enough offense to uncork a few big plays here and there to at least set them up for field goals. So our offense had better not turn it over and it needs to generate more than 14 points I think.

Nebraska 17
Purdue 13
I basically agree with your analysis. If Purdue scores more than 17 points, I believe they will win.

This is a game our offense has to take a step forward to win. The OC and the players.

We have to commit and stick to the run. Stick with the hot hand at RB. Likely EJ.

We need to punch it in in the redzone when we get the opportunity and don't turn the damn ball over!

The D will play well but Purdue is gonna gain some yards in the passing game, redzone stops are essential. (Hopefully the weather hinders that)

My heart says 21-17 Huskers.
My head says 24-13 Purdue.

Here's to finding out Saturday. GBR

I'm confident in our DBs

Winds will be light so both QB will have opportunity’s in the passing game which will favor Card more..

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
24-20 Purdue.
HH has 3 TOs and passes for under 100 with no line or WRs to help.
D gives up a late big play for a TD and looks tired in the 2nd half after weeks of carrying this offense.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT