ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Prediction Thread

classic b10 boorish. teams each fighting for respect. play it close to the vest. run the ball all night. turnover proof football. it ends in overtime. i suppose that gives the home team an advantage. so illinois 17-14 in a snooze fest. sorta like iowa over michigan state last week.

Reactions: thall__
Total offense:
Illinois- 70th
Nebraska- 93rd

Scoring offense:
Illinois- 103rd
Nebraska- 120th

Total defense:
Nebraska- 36th
Illinois- 110th

Scoring defense:
Nebraska- 34th
Illinois- 102nd

Soooooo....I don't know....
Nebraska- 17
Illinois- 13
Bad offenses, but NU stats are a little hampered by their first 2 games with Sims, and then playing the #1 D in the country. I think its a wash comparing the 2 offenses. IF, and I emphasize IF, the coaches go back to the QB run game and some option, and stop trying to pass on dumb downs, we will wear on their 110th rated Defense. I dont expect ILL to keep us to 7 or 14 points or whatever some of these predictions say. Im guessing this game looks similar to La Tech scorewise. D comes back with a vengeance and gives us the edge. We get the win here. thinking 24-14 Skers

Michigan defense much better than Illinois and Huskers should have bad at least 21 points against them. Huskers 31- 17.

Bad offenses, but NU stats are a little hampered by their first 2 games with Sims, and then playing the #1 D in the country. I think its a wash comparing the 2 offenses. IF, and I emphasize IF, the coaches go back to the QB run game and some option, and stop trying to pass on dumb downs, we will wear on their 110th rated Defense. I dont expect ILL to keep us to 7 or 14 points or whatever some of these predictions say. Im guessing this game looks similar to La Tech scorewise. D comes back with a vengeance and gives us the edge. We get the win here. thinking 24-14 Skers

This is exactly what I think. Stick with the QB run/option and mix in some I formation. RB’s with 30 Carry’s and I think we wear down a bad Illinois D. I think Illinois will struggle to run the ball making them one dimensional. Huskers 24 Illinois 10.

VERY in line with my thinking as well... Offense shot themselves in the Peter the first two games.... Team Rally's behind HH and plays hard... they got their Asses chewed for folding last week in the first 2 minutes of the game at home and will come out Pissed with something to prove... I think this game is the one that Nebraska Wins solidly and uses it to not only get their bowl game but to push forward and be close to competing for the Weak West Division... I say 24-10 Huskers move to 3-3

I actually think we’re going to win this. Like rutgers on friday.

Wish it were on saturday. 21-10 huskers.

I’m more confident in the Rhule / Trev combo eventually succeeding than anyone post Solich.

That being said… This is quite possibly the least talented Husker roster I’ve ever seen.

Hard to confidently pick a W against any opponent. I think we will win 2-3 more along the way, but not this week.

Prediction… Illinois DL overmatches our OL, we lose 13-10, and I hate everything for another week.

Hope I’m wrong.

At this point I’m embracing the rebuild, get the young guys as much experience as possible.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I'm going to go:

Illinois 17
NU 7

Nebraska outgains Illinois, but has 3 TO's and blows another opportunity. Clearly a game the Huskers should win, but I just don't see the mental part being there yet. Really need this one if they want to make a bowl.

I think it's going to go Nebraska's way in a big way to the tune of 45 - 17. I think the offensive players haven't been able to feel loose enough to just go out and play which will be quite different on Friday.

You are all predicting a loss and then you will all be mad if we lose. So I'm going to predict a Husker win so that IF we lose, I'll have a good reason to be mad...hahaha

Huskers 31. (I have no idea how we will score 31 points)
Illinois 13

Satterfield has to call a perfect game to win this one and have some kind of trick play that works. Not confident the offense can execute game plan.

Illinois 20-10.

Seems like over the past few years we have had an uncanny ability to make some of the worst defenses in the country look like the '85 Bears - often through head-scratching play calling. My, guess - we score 14 points. There will be at least one turnover in the red zone and at least one missed field goal. If our defensive backs don't give up a homerun ball or two and we hold Ill. to less than 2 TDs we win. Otherwise, we are toast.

It amazes me how the media and most on this board think we will win this game . Why ? The history says differently. Nebraska is a losing team till they show something else. I see another loss and another game of if's and but's.

Reactions: thall__
It amazes me how the media and most on this board think we will win this game . Why ? The history says differently. Nebraska is a losing team till they show something else. I see another loss and another game of if's and but's.
Great score prediction.

Here, I'll help you with your prediction. 27-3 Illinois

You think fanatics who spend time on their teams board are actually going to be picking a bad Illinois team? Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT