ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Prediction Thread

I was going to say the same score. To change it up I’ll say 17-3. D comes out on fire

Honestly I have no idea how to predict this game. Prior to the season I expected Illinois to be tough and a likely L on our schedule. But they have regressed since last year.

It will say a lot about Rhule and the team what happens after getting their face kicked in by Michigan. Will they respond or have they packed it in for the year? Again I don't know what to expect. But I'm a Husker fan so I'll try to be optimistic....

Nebraska 20
Illinois 17

This as a loss would really sting. Purdue just smacked them around and they're terrible (purdue grad and fan, too). This would signify the end of any bowl hopes as they may be the easiest team remaining on the schedule.

I'll go 24-7 Neb over the fayguts

NU 21 IL 20 . Game is closer than it needs to be as Alvano misses 3 fg's.

Last edited:
Alright! First time predicting. I'd say 17-14 Illinois. Team will show up to play, but the defense will have 2 major breakdowns leading to scores. Offense will play okay, but I'm not confident we can score. Special teams has been a disappointment this year. Not a train wreck like previous years, but not going to help make a difference.

I really do hope we win this game, but our history with road games and our loser mentality leaves me not overly optimistic. Though, if we were to win, it would do wonders for the mental state of the program and the fans.

A win would have me looking at all the different scenarios for us to win the Big Ten West. After Friday, we still play 4 of the 5 teams ahead us in the standings. Go Big Red!

Reactions: cavalot
Whichever team is less stupid will win, they’re both awful. I think Bielema’s staff out coaches ours and we lose 17-7

Reactions: cavalot
I think this is the most important game of the year and determines bowl fate.

Fighting Burnt Enemas- 13
Good guys - 7

Nebraska 23
Illinois 9
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Hope you're right!

I’m gonna say the defense looks better than expected with the injuries. On paper their weakness in pass defense is perfect for them playing Nebraska but I’m gonna say HH has his best passing day on Friday and we move the ball enough to score enough.

21-14 Huskers

Reactions: BleedRed78
I have little faith we make a field goal unless inside the 10. But eventually even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Now that's not nice but I knew we were in trouble pregame of the N Illinois game

Reactions: Baxter48
Only one time since 2015 have we won more than 3 conference games (2016).

Without checking, that ‘mostly’ translates to our number of P5 wins.

I know that every year is a new team, but how many P5 games we “should have won, but did not win” has been the surest bet going on decade now.

I just want this team to start playing with the INTENSITY and FOCUS everyone wants to see. Gotta fix ourselves inside and out.

Bielema will have his team ready for us…. will we be ready for them?

Reactions: SickOfPractice
7-6 one or the other. or maybe 28-17 one or the other! Honestly who F'n knows when two bad teams play each other. And we are both bad teams. Might be like a trench warfare battle from the 1st world war. Lots of chaos and futility but eventually someone has to win.

Reactions: huntered
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT