ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue prediction thread

I don't remember when we have won three in a row. We have way too many injuries to move the ball against anything but a pillow. Purdue has won the last 4 ? They have confidence. Purdue has more offense than we do and I bet a few deep passes set up FG's for the win.
last time we won 3 in a row was also the last time we had a 5-1 stretch AND the last time we beat an out of conference P5 opponent:

I don't remember when we have won three in a row. We have way too many injuries to move the ball against anything but a pillow. Purdue has won the last 4 ? They have confidence. Purdue has more offense than we do and I bet a few deep passes set up FG's for the win.
They've had two weeks to prepare for us, which is also a bad sign.

Reactions: GaRed
Star Wars GIF

we have a huge advantage at the head coach position

this is the first bye week their coach has ever had to navigate and they're coming off a 2 game stretch that saw them get outscored 61-21

they've allowed 30+ in 4 of 7 games this year

this is the first bye week their coach has ever had to navigate and they're coming off a 2 game stretch that saw them get outscored 61-21

Their defensive woes do not matter. Our offense is at Iowa levels of ineffectiveness. Any defense with a pulse can slow us down enough until we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. All I am hoping for is for our offense to not turn it over and to take advantage of whatever scoring opportunities our defense can hand them. We will be lucky to score 17-21 points in this game. And if we do we should win.

Running QB's killed Purdue early on. Nebraska will out athlete Purdue imo, which is going to make it even tougher. I've got Nebraska I think? For this reason. But idk what to expect. Other than bad football.

Getting that feeling that with all the factors involved, Huskers have one of those ‘beat themselves’ games.
Big Red. 14
PU 20

Their defensive woes do not matter. Our offense is at Iowa levels of ineffectiveness. Any defense with a pulse can slow us down enough until we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. All I am hoping for is for our offense to not turn it over and to take advantage of whatever scoring opportunities our defense can hand them. We will be lucky to score 17-21 points in this game. And if we do we should win.
you should talk to somebody about your PTSD from frost's tenure

we don't shoot ourselves in the foot anymore

and iowa scored 20 on purdue

This right here ^^^

D come up big again. Weather hurts PU’s chances to score. We win 17-10. Rhule is carried off the field and they name him coach for eternity.

But I’ll take a 3-2 win as well. 😊

you should talk to somebody about your PTSD from frost's tenure

we don't shoot ourselves in the foot anymore

and iowa scored 20 on purdue
Nothing to do with Frost. It has to do with watching our offense this year. A mediocre offensive line at best, now riddled with injuries, our running back and wide receiving corps riddled with injuries, and not a QB on the roster that is worth a shit. I don't care what you say about your guy Haarberg. He has had a moment here and there but overall he is a third rate QB who played like total garbage against NW. Thank God for our defense, because Haarberg sucked.

Yes, Iowa scored 20, which is why I said we need to score 17-21. But we will be lucky to reach that score if we play against Purdue like our offense did against NW.

Nothing to do with Frost. It has to do with watching our offense this year. A mediocre offensive line at best, now riddled with injuries, our running back and wide receiving corps riddled with injuries, and not a QB on the roster that is worth a shit. I don't care what you say about your guy Haarberg. He has had a moment here and there but overall he is a third rate QB who played like total garbage against NW. Thank God for our defense, because Haarberg sucked.

Yes, Iowa scored 20, which is why I said we need to score 17-21. But we will be lucky to reach that score if we play against Purdue like our offense did against NW.

this:

until we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers.

happened under frost. it has not happened under Rhule with Haarberg at QB to the extent it's cost us games.

• Haha
Reactions: 1Ramsker3
PU fans are shocked that there are threads on PU
They are low key the fan base that gets under my skin the most and every time we lose to them I am embarrassed. I can deal with fan bases who are actually decent or who have been decent, but these guys.... Probably have bias because most of the guys we have hired from Purdue are whiny babies that are lazy. Might make good designers, but they suck are actually building things.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerN
this:

happened under frost. it has not happened under Rhule with Haarberg at QB to the extent it's cost us games.
Penalties are down. Turnovers are not. And the only reason our turnovers have not doomed us as in the past is because we have a much better defense. But even that has limits as the CU and Minnesota games showed us. We were lucky last week because NW is awful on offense. Had we played a team with a good offense we may damn well have been behind 14-0 halfway through the first quarter. Our defense is vastly improved, but it is not invincible. No defense is. Teams have talent on offense and sometimes they make great plays no matter how good the defense is. Just like that great catch by the Minnesota guy on 4th down for a TD. At some point our offensive mistakes will catch up to us.

We are living in a bit of an optimism bubble right now because 4 of our last five games have been against lousy teams. And we have two more lousy teams coming up. And we need to beat those two teams to get bowl eligible. Because our last three games are toss ups at best.

Our offense needs to show up and that means no damn turnovers. And that means moving the chains with some consistency and giving our defense a rest. Purdue stinks, but they have P5 athletes and they will beat our ass if our offense lays an egg.

Penalties are down. Turnovers are not. And the only reason our turnovers have not doomed us as in the past is because we have a much better defense. But even that has limits as the CU and Minnesota games showed us. We were lucky last week because NW is awful on offense. Had we played a team with a good offense we may damn well have been behind 14-0 halfway through the first quarter. Our defense is vastly improved, but it is not invincible. No defense is. Teams have talent on offense and sometimes they make great plays no matter how good the defense is. Just like that great catch by the Minnesota guy on 4th down for a TD. At some point our offensive mistakes will catch up to us.

We are living in a bit of an optimism bubble right now because 4 of our last five games have been against lousy teams. And we have two more lousy teams coming up. And we need to beat those two teams to get bowl eligible. Because our last three games are toss ups at best.

Our offense needs to show up and that means no damn turnovers. And that means moving the chains with some consistency and giving our defense a rest. Purdue stinks, but they have P5 athletes and they will beat our ass if our offense lays an egg.
all we play are lousy teams. we are only -2 in turnover margin over the last 5 games.

optimism bubble? LOL

all I see here is doom & gloom with regards to our offense and specifically our QB

while you and everyone else wait for the other shoe to drop, I'll continue to enjoy our fun team run toward 6, 7, 8 wins

Don’t see a prediction thread so here goes.

Tough game to call. Purdue does not seem that good, but with the exception of Ohio State they have been competitive in every game they have played. And our offense is decimated with injuries. Our defense is excellent but Purdue has a good enough offense to uncork a few big plays here and there to at least set them up for field goals. So our offense had better not turn it over and it needs to generate more than 14 points I think.

Nebraska 17
Purdue 13
Neb 17
Purdue 14

Reactions: kakdawg
They are low key the fan base that gets under my skin the most and every time we lose to them I am embarrassed. I can deal with fan bases who are actually decent or who have been decent, but these guys.... Probably have bias because most of the guys we have hired from Purdue are whiny babies that are lazy. Might make good designers, but they suck are actually building things.
Good news for you is I'm the furthest thing from lazy and I don't build things for a loving. Well, not buildings or engineering things. I guess, in a way, everyone is building something. Including themselves. That grind never stops.

all we play are lousy teams. we are only -2 in turnover margin over the last 5 games.

optimism bubble? LOL

all I see here is doom & gloom with regards to our offense and specifically our QB

while you and everyone else wait for the other shoe to drop, I'll continue to enjoy our fun team run toward 6, 7, 8 wins
I need some of what you're on brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT