ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue prediction thread

I need some of what you're on brother.
it's called reality. we're winning. we're playing complimentary football. we have a plan and are executing it. we have true leadership on display.

everyone here who accuses me of living in some fantasy land either have extraordinarily delusional expectations (we should never punt, should complete every pass, should never turn the ball over, etc.) and/or extreme inability to deal with past trauma (frostholm syndrome).

ironic that they are the miserable ones while I'm having the most fun during an NU season I've had in nearly a decade.

there's plenty to go around!

IMHO it comes down to one thing and one thing only. Will HH play football or think. If he plays football we win 28-14. If he thinks we lose 14-9.

I watched the N ILL tape last night, his first start. He was 14-24-0 (58%) for 158, 2 TDs and one sack. He rushed at 4.7 a carry for 98 net. His decisions were fairly quick and his throws fairly accurate. There were only one or two into traffic that could have been picked. Granted, it was Northern Illinois, but he looked good for a first start and we scored 35 points.

Flash forward to NW. He was 8-17 for 85 (47%), one TD, 2 picks and wasn't sacked. He rushed at 4.5 ypc for 72. He didn't look decisive, his accuracy was off causing the two picks and missing two more potential big gainers and all-in-all he looked way more unsettled than his first start and the O scored 17 points.

That could be attributed to the injuries and NW calling a good defensive game, but I think he "just needs to play football" as Rhule would say. Or maybe Satterfield is filling his head up with mush. Or maybe he was worried about the Volleyball game later that evening. Whatever, I think he settles down Saturday and we win 28-14.

And BTW anybody hoping "the weather" affects Purdue the forecast has been revised to no rain or snow and wind 13 MPH.

it's called reality. we're winning. we're playing complimentary football. we have a plan and are executing it. we have true leadership on display.

everyone here who accuses me of living in some fantasy land either have extraordinarily delusional expectations (we should never punt, should complete every pass, should never turn the ball over, etc.) and/or extreme inability to deal with past trauma (frostholm syndrome).

ironic that they are the miserable ones while I'm having the most fun during an NU season I've had in nearly a decade.

there's plenty to go around!
Well if you're over the past already then Amen to ya. I believe in the coaches, process, work ethic, and our defense. I just can't see us winning with what we have. Hell I didn't have us winning more than 6 or 7 with all the guys we lost. I'm thinking we can be Iowa, they made a program out of no offense. I have faith but it's been stretched to it's limit. If we win this weekend we can we the next. I think I'll just take a dose of Rocky mountain chocolate and go for a walk on Saturday during the game.

Well if you're over the past already then Amen to ya. I believe in the coaches, process, work ethic, and our defense. I just can't see us winning with what we have. Hell I didn't have us winning more than 6 or 7 with all the guys we lost. I'm thinking we can be Iowa, they made a program out of no offense. I have faith but it's been stretched to it's limit. If we win this weekend we can we the next. I think I'll just take a dose of Rocky mountain chocolate and go for a walk on Saturday during the game.
of course I'm over the past.

we have flushed all but one turd (raiola) from the program.

you can't see us winning? well, good news - we ARE winning.

this year's team is laying the foundation. you can't believe in the process while at the same time turning your back as the cornerstone is put in place.

the dirty work (demo, hauling, digging, leveling, framing, pouring) is the fun stuff. you can f*ck up and still fix it.

finish work is tedious.

embrace it! GBR!

all we play are lousy teams. we are only -2 in turnover margin over the last 5 games.

optimism bubble? LOL

all I see here is doom & gloom with regards to our offense and specifically our QB

while you and everyone else wait for the other shoe to drop, I'll continue to enjoy our fun team run toward 6, 7, 8 wins
I predicted an NU victory so I am not doom and gloom. And I think we beat MSU as well. So I fully expect to be 6-3 soon. Not doom and gloom. But only a fool would look at our current offense and feel confident about any of our games.

Don’t see a prediction thread so here goes.

Tough game to call. Purdue does not seem that good, but with the exception of Ohio State they have been competitive in every game they have played. And our offense is decimated with injuries. Our defense is excellent but Purdue has a good enough offense to uncork a few big plays here and there to at least set them up for field goals. So our offense had better not turn it over and it needs to generate more than 14 points I think.

Nebraska 17
Purdue 13

I got Purdue athletic QB causing us a bit of trouble early. We get off to slow start and Purdue jumps ahead early.

The Huskers have to adjust defensively and do to slow Purdue down but our offense can't generate enough to catch them.

Purdue 17

Nebraska 13

Barring defensive generated TD or special team's generated TD I have Boilers winning this one.

Holla

I got Purdue athletic QB causing us a bit of trouble early. We get off to slow start and Purdue jumps ahead early.

The Huskers have to adjust defensively and do to slow Purdue down but our offense can't generate enough to catch them.

Purdue 17

Nebraska 13

Barring defensive generated TD or special team's generated TD I have Boilers winning this one.

Holla
If we score only 13 points against Purdue at home, something has to change.

Reactions: kakdawg
all we play are lousy teams. we are only -2 in turnover margin over the last 5 games.

optimism bubble? LOL

all I see here is doom & gloom with regards to our offense and specifically our QB

while you and everyone else wait for the other shoe to drop, I'll continue to enjoy our fun team run toward 6, 7, 8 wins
HH keeps throwing interceptions and passes Fidone can’t handle on teams that can score on the short side of the field ( not named NW) and the outcome will be a different story..

HH keeps throwing interceptions and passes Fidone can’t handle on teams that can score on the short side of the field ( not named NW) and the outcome will be a different story..
Purdue can score?

Might want to let them know that

Purdue can score?

Might want to let them know that
Give them the first 2 possessions in side our 20-25 Saturday and the outcome won’t be the same results like last Saturday…

Don’t have to be Einstein to figure that one out..

Reactions: kakdawg
Give them the first 2 possessions in side our 20-25 Saturday and the outcome won’t be the same results like last Saturday…

I’m going to go wayyyyyy out on a limb and say that won’t happen

Purdon’t 24, NU 7 Our defense can’t win every game for us. Or can they?
If we dont, it wont be because of HH, guys. Obviously it will be on the defense, o line not being able to protect and/or receivers dropping passes/not making enough effort to catch overthrow or underthrows.

If we dont, it wont be because of HH, guys. Obviously it will be on the defense, o line not being able to protect and/or receivers dropping passes/not making enough effort to catch overthrow or underthrows.
Surely you can do better at trolling than that, Mr Douchebag

Care to give it another try?

Surely you can do better at trolling than that, Mr Douchebag

Care to give it another try?
Chuck Norris Smiling GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Give Purdue possessions inside the 10 and they will never score though. Lol oline can't push anyone outside of the center. Center is a stud.

Of all the B10 teams we’ve lost to Purdue is the worst of the bunch. Their colors suck, their mascot is dumb, it always looks cloudy and shitty and depressing playing in their stadium. Huskers win this Saturday and f that big piece of shit base drum they bang around on.

Give Purdue possessions inside the 10 and they will never score though. Lol oline can't push anyone outside of the center. Center is a stud.
I met the centers uncle the other day business related. He is from St Louis Kid grew up a Husker fan. Family originally from Beatrice. Wanted to go to Nebraska. Actually sent film to Nebraska. Frost never even sniffed his way.

Time for ST Coach Ed Foley to start earning his $550,000 salary. Ain’t seen any really special from ST yet.

That said, I see a blocked punt returned for TD and a strip sack recovery for a TD. And 2 fields goals. Nebraska 20 - 17.
You must not have been watching nebraska for the last 5 years then because this is the best the special teams has played in a long time.

There is no rebuild. Purdue will be back to being Purdue. Brohm was the best chance to be even top 5 in the Big 10. Even if your current coach has success, he is at Colorado in 3 years and you are talking about another rebuild. Purdue is a basketball school and will never be a player in CFB no matter how many times you come over here and run your gums about their potential.
Neb is a volleyball school now if we’re honest.

The Vegas line should be enough to scare everyone. I still think we eek this out 16-13.

I met the centers uncle the other day business related. He is from St Louis Kid grew up a Husker fan. Family originally from Beatrice. Wanted to go to Nebraska. Actually sent film to Nebraska. Frost never even sniffed his way.
Gus Hartwig? Pretty sure he grew up in Zionsville

Gus Hartwig? Pretty sure he grew up in Zionsville
Gus is from Indiana. His dad and uncle is from Beatrice. Gus grew up Husker fan and would come back for games. Wanted to go to Nebraska. Lance his uncle actually said they personally sent footage to Nebraska. But again Frost never even looked his way.

Gus is from Indiana. His dad and uncle is from Beatrice. Gus grew up Husker fan and would come back for games. Wanted to go to Nebraska. Lance his uncle actually said they personally sent footage to Nebraska. But again Frost never even looked his way.
Interesting. Didn't realize that. He's a stud. Missed the first couple games from an injury sustained last fall, but I think I saw he's given up zero sacks and like 3 pressures.

Interesting. Didn't realize that. He's a stud. Missed the first couple games from an injury sustained last fall, but I think I saw he's given up zero sacks and like 3 pressures.
I didn't know that either. His uncle's family is coming up from St Louis to meet up with Gus's for the game this weekend in Lincoln. Interesting talking to the guy

I didn't know that either. His uncle's family is coming up from St Louis to meet up with Gus's for the game this weekend in Lincoln. Interesting talking to the guy
Absolutely. Did he say anything about the coaching transition, Brohm, or Walters? If he did but you don't want to say, I get it.

Do you mean Michigan? I may be misinterpreting you, but I don't think Haarberg played much of the Minnesota game.

He didn't. I was referring to the mistakes the team has made in general although HH has definitely made as many as anyone. I'm saying the mistake that Grant made basically costed us the Minnesota game. We can't go on making turnovers, false starts, offensive penalties and sloppy play in general. It will eventually catch up to us. This doesn't exclude the QB.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT