ADVERTISEMENT

POB or Tanner Lee?

elmonster

Jan 10, 2017
Who wins out? Tanner Lee reportedly tears it up on the Scout team, but we've heard that about plenty of busts in the past. It's hard not to look at POB's measurables and not want to think of the 4 year future here.

Reactions: Redblood23
Who wins out? Tanner Lee reportedly tears it up on the Scout team, but we've heard that about plenty of busts in the past. It's hard not to look at POB's measurables and not want to think of the 4 year future here.
I'm giving the edge to Lee because he has quite a bit of real, D1 experience. First hand reports show him to be liked, a leader and deadly accurate. He is getting high level coaching for the first time to elevate his skillset. He's a little older so he has an edge in maturity one would assume.

I hope POB pushes him hard and can step in if he goes down. None of us has a dog in this fight. May the best man win and may the Huskers take a BIG step forward. I'd love to see another Zac Taylor, only with the ability to make all the throws as they say.

This is why this spring and the spring game is going to be so much fun. Right now, it sounds like Tanner has the edge. Let the fun begin.

Last QB we heard about "tearing things up" on the scout team was Taylor Martinez.....Winking

Reactions: brianm1202
Jeez guys Les Miles hasn't even joined the staff yet as QB coach. Once he jumps on board I'm confident he will do a thorough evaluation of both and the one that gives us he best chance to win will play.

Lee will be the starter and the decision won't be a difficult for the staff to make. That's not a knock on POB, Lee is just that good. Hopefully POB develops from this battle and stays with it.

Lee will be the starter and the decision won't be a difficult for the staff to make. That's not a knock on POB, Lee is just that good. Hopefully POB develops from this battle and stays with it.
And you know this because?

Stream it online or watched them on TV. Like every football addict
Well I don't think you watched Tulane on TV much. Maybe you found videos online. I'm impressed if you did watch all his games (wondering why if you did) but unfortunately I have a tough time believing you. That said, everybody that I've heard that has seen him in practice has been impressed.

Well I don't think you watched Tulane on TV much. Maybe you found videos online. I'm impressed if you did watch all his games (wondering why if you did) but unfortunately I have a tough time believing you. That said, everybody that I've heard that has seen him in practice has been impressed.

Channel 1234 on Cox had Tulane games on often (CBS?) and streaming them online, you can watch any game at any time. I bet CFB so that's why I watched random Tulane games. The first time I saw Lee I was impressed. He has everything we're looking for in a qb; I haven't been this exciting for an upcoming Nebraska season since 2009.

Reactions: dockentwo
TMart was ****in amazing for what he was. If we had him a year earlier, we win a NC (which I guess we technically did. He was just redshirting). It's those funny quarks and timing in life.

I remember way back, when people were so hyped we were getting arizona states backup to start for us. Why the hell would anyone be happy that the frontrunner for our qb is someone elses' backup?

#nothanks

Reactions: Red I 73
Because I watched every game Lee played at Tulane... POB will be a RS frosh. Lee has 2 full years of being a D1 starter. Just watch the film.
I just watched the Temple vs Tulane game on youtube... He has good pocket presence, but nothing from that game makes me think he is a shoe in for the starting job

Reactions: dinglefritz
Until players face live competition we won't know. Hell, USC started the year with a QB who was supposed to be their best and then inserted a redshirt freshman who went on to be lights out leading USC to ranked 3rd by some polls by the end of the year.

So if the coaches didn't know who was the best until week six, I'm not sure how fans on a message board are supposed to know.

Reading tea leaves from comments by current players and coaches would lead one to believe Lee is leading the race currently, but time will tell.

Last edited:
I think they'll both get a shot at some point in the year.. Statue Lee will probably get the nod, but I'd be amazed if he never got hurt with our
O line.

TMart was ****in amazing for what he was. If we had him a year earlier, we win a NC (which I guess we technically did. He was just redshirting). It's those funny quarks and timing in life.
Assuming you mean crouch? When TMart was at Nebraska we were nowhere close to a NC.

I remember way back, when people were so hyped we were getting arizona states backup to start for us. Why the hell would anyone be happy that the frontrunner for our qb is someone elses' backup?

#nothanks
You talking about Keller? He started for ASU, didn't he? I remember he nearly beat USC with his arm, and had good stats his junior year. I'll admit I was stoked when he was coming... did not think he was gonna be as bad as he was for us.

You talking about Keller? He started for ASU, didn't he? I remember he nearly beat USC with his arm, and had good stats his junior year. I'll admit I was stoked when he was coming... did not think he was gonna be as bad as he was for us.

Also, Tanner Lee was Tulane's starter. Tulane changed offenses, that's why he transferred. I have no idea if he'll start here, or how he will do, but this isn't a case of a guy transferring because he lost out to a better player, he transferred because the offense didn't suit him.

#nothanks

Troy Aikman transferred. Russel Wilson and Jeff Hostetler, too. Not that most transfers turn out to be NFL championship caliber, but some schools have an abundance of highly ranked prospects. With NU not having any with that kind of talent to run Cally's WCO, can you blame him for taking a chance on an athlete like Sam Keller? Yeah, hindsight it's easy to say you would have done otherwise. Not to mention the predicament that Cally was in after Josh Freeman backed out on his committment very late in the recruiting process.

I forgot who I was responding to. He may never be back to this thread.

Troy Aikman transferred. Russel Wilson and Jeff Hostetler, too. Not that most transfers turn out to be NFL championship caliber, but some schools have an abundance of highly ranked prospects. With NU not having any with that kind of talent to run Cally's WCO, can you blame him for taking a chance on an athlete like Sam Keller? Yeah, hindsight it's easy to say you would have done otherwise. Not to mention the predicament that Cally was in after Josh Freeman backed out on his committment very late in the recruiting process.
Those who make absolute statements here, without an open mind, based on their own prejudices; should read this statement and consider all that goes into it. Makes for a better board. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT