ADVERTISEMENT

Player You Hated

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
Just thought of Richie Incognito and recalled how glad I was when he was gone. Can't think of too many players I honestly hated except that guy. The irony is the talent that a-hole had. Should have won an Outland.

I hated DeAngelo Evans for having so much talent but quitting, and just seeming like a prima donna. There was likely more to the situation than that, but that's what it looked like from the outside, and it was just such a shame.
DeAngelo was silently kicked off the team as he was a real problem child with a very bad attitude. After the aTm game in 98 in the locker room, he came in and asked why ain't you white boys blocking for us black boys and the 1st one to meet him head on was Joel Makovica and he absolutely fk'd his ass up which caused a tailbone injury to DeAngelo from being thrown into a locker and from there shortly after he was kicked off the team. He had been a real problem from the 1st day he arrived and had a really bad prima donna attitude. Great talent, extremely shitty teamate.

Last edited:
I'm shocked a certain LB from the Callahan Era hasn't been mentioned.

First one that came to my mind. I wouldn’t say I “hated” any of our players, but man did I get sick of watching him miss tackles. Shocking we didn’t have any better LB’s to put out there.

Reactions: huskerrdm
was thinking this was a non husker thread when i saw the title. First player I remember disliking was Eric Bienemy. Don't think he did anything other than just be good at football for a team that was beating us.

Brad Davison is probably my all time most hated. Can't tell you happy I was that we handed him a senior day loss and that he was too afraid to take the decisive shot and passed to a freshman.

Just thought of Richie Incognito and recalled how glad I was when he was gone. Can't think of too many players I honestly hated except that guy. The irony is the talent that a-hole had. Should have won an Outland.
I agree totally. I can't say I hated him, but was glad that he was gone. Kenny Bell was not that likable, but that targeting hit on the Whisky player was pure bs.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
was thinking this was a non husker thread when i saw the title. First player I remember disliking was Eric Bienemy. Don't think he did anything other than just be good at football for a team that was beating us.

Brad Davison is probably my all time most hated. Can't tell you happy I was that we handed him a senior day loss and that he was too afraid to take the decisive shot and passed to a freshman.
One of favorite recruits to interview was Cory Ross. I remember calling him one time and after about 5 minutes of chatting, he got another call. After about 1 minute he came back on the phone. He said it was coach Bienemy of Colorado. I told him that I could call back later. He said…it’s ok, he can wait - and then talked to me for another 20 minutes while he kept Bienemy on hold.

Other favorite Neb recruits to talk with:

Compton - always very personable
Carriker - got home from a football weekend in Lincoln on a Sunday night and had at least 3 phone messages from him and/or his parents. Adam had committed to Neb but they did not want to talk to other media before they gave me the chance to break the story. Very cool.
Bowman- I called him on a Sunday night and got lucky. He had just committed to Neb. Nice kid. I was in right place at right time with that one.
Woodhead - talked to him a lot. Great kid. The one kid I was shocked then and shocked now that was never offered by Neb. Athletic specimen.
Alex Gordon - was All-Class All-State fb player as a junior. He could have played college fb. He made the right choice.

One that said as little as he could possibly say before getting off the phone = Suh. Heck…maybe he was the smartest one of the bunch. : )

Jamelle "Noonan won't lay a finger on me", Oops, Holieway.

Brian Bozworth. One of the last great villains of CFB. Love that guy now.

1994 Miami Hurricanes.
1993 Florida State
Seamenholes
1996, 2009, aw fork it, Ut-erus since joining the Big 12
All players from Bill McShartneys puffalo teams

Jamelle "Noonan won't lay a finger on me", Oops, Holieway.

Brian Bozworth. One of the last great villains of CFB. Love that guy now.

1994 Miami Hurricanes.
1993 Florida State
Seamenholes
1996, 2009, aw fork it, Ut-erus since joining the Big 12
All players from Bill McShartneys puffalo teams
Players/coaches I loved to hate:
Buster Rhymes
Thomas Lott
JC Watts
Brian Bosworth
Billy Simms
Barry Switzer
Hollieway
Keith Jackson

The Neb/OU rivalry was a blast growing up.

Players/coaches I just hated:
- Colorado coaches/players of the mid to late 80s-to around 2000.
- Miami teams and coaches from 83 to 94. All cocky players that didn’t really respect their opponents or even the game at times. Sapp…my God…the running in place sh@&. Maybe the biggest ass hat I can remember in CFB and then being so gassed in the 4th quarter that he was totally a non factor in the Canes NC loss to the Big Red.
Spurrier - so satisfying to kick the Gator’s ass in 1995. Majority of media thought Neb would lose that one.
Warren Powers - so jealous of Tom…and that was evident throughout his coaching tenure at Missouri.

Players/coaches I loved to hate:
Buster Rhymes
Thomas Lott
JC Watts
Brian Bosworth
Billy Simms
Barry Switzer
Hollieway
Keith Jackson

The Neb/OU rivalry was a blast growing up.

Players/coaches I just hated:
- Colorado coaches/players of the mid to late 80s-to around 2000.
- Miami teams and coaches from 83 to 94. All cocky players that didn’t really respect their opponents or even the game at times. Sapp…my God…the running in place sh@&. Maybe the biggest ass hat I can remember in CFB and then being so gassed in the 4th quarter that he was totally a non factor in the Canes NC loss to the Big Red.
Spurrier - so satisfying to kick the Gator’s ass in 1995. Majority of media thought Neb would lose that one.
Warren Powers - so jealous of Tom…and that was evident throughout his coaching tenure at Missouri.
My 1st game was the 1978 NU/OU game that my parents took me to and from that point I've been to every NU/OU home and away game.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Ell Roberson. His green eyes were so olive, and he tore us up in Lincoln, which was the end for Solich. Talked $*** to Demorrio at coin toss, then backed it up. His face was ugly and what he did to Nebraska Football was ugly.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Nebraska player - hands down Kenny Bell
Opposing player - Warren Sapp
Curious as the why you say KB? Bad experience with him as a fan? He invited me to a tailgate last year and I thought he was a very nice guy. Great tailgate and free tickets to OSU game and then a week or two later sent my family an Omaha Steaks package - with filets, lobster, twice baked potatoes…etc. We had a great time talking to him and cool experience for my oldest daughter who is a do or die Neb fan…

After being a fan with some that weren’t tremendously fan friendly - like Tommie Frazier…just curious as to why Kenny?

Curious as the why you say KB? Bad experience with him as a fan? He invited me to a tailgate last year and I thought he was a very nice guy. Great tailgate and free tickets to OSU game and then a week or two later sent my family an Omaha Steaks package - with filets, lobster, twice baked potatoes…etc. We had a great time talking to him and cool experience for my oldest daughter who is a do or die Neb fan…

After being a fan with some that weren’t tremendously fan friendly - like Tommie Frazier…just curious as to why Kenny?
I think Kenny has grown up a lot and yes he's been a good ambassador for NU. "Hate " really is a bit too much for this thread

I think Kenny has grown up a lot and yes he's been a good ambassador for NU. "Hate " really is a bit too much for this thread
I know what you mean. I didn’t know him when he was playing…I interviewed him a time or two I think. So maybe we are both right. Seems like a standup guy now.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT