ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin

That is not true at all of Trev. He was always at UNO events and I'd see him all over Omaha from OCC to Charleston's. His kids went to Millard North and his wife was involved at the school. I do think we have an ace in the hole with Lance's wife being an Omahan.
Nah, it has to be what he said. He loves coaches wives rumors, and refuses to believe true things about actual coaches. SUPER dork

Believe 1620 reported that Chryst’s buyout increased to 20 million around January 1st and he settled on 11 million and will take a position within the AD’s office. FWIW.

Believe 1620 reported that Chryst’s buyout increased to 20 million around January 1st and he settled on 11 million and will take a position within the AD’s office. FWIW.
If that’s accurate, then it seems more likely that Wisconsin is trying to save their season/retain Leonhard than go after Leipold.

Get 11 million instead of almost 20...but get a "fake" job with the school where he "works" 10 hours a week for probably 150K a year?

I get it, it sounds like he just really likes being at the school.

Get 11 million instead of almost 20...but get a "fake" job with the school where he "works" 10 hours a week for probably 150K a year?

I get it, it sounds like he just really likes being at the school.
According to this article, Chryst agreed to the reduced buyout of $11 million in exchange for Wisconsin agreeing to pay him the entire amount by February 1, 2023 and without any reduction if he gets another coaching job. That's probably a good deal for him if he can land another head coaching job next year or the year after.
https://footballscoop.com/news/paul...ced-buyout-of-the-fired-coachs-contract-terms

Last edited:
According to this article, Chryst agreed to the reduced buyout of $11 million in exchange for Wisconsin agreeing to pay him the entire amount by February 1, 2023 and without any reduction if he gets another coaching job. That's probably a good deal for him if he can land another head coaching job next year or the year after.
https://footballscoop.com/news/paul...ced-buyout-of-the-fired-coachs-contract-terms
There is a good chance he can land a head coaching job somewhere being as how his record is pretty damn good.

What agent would “negotiate” something lower than what is already guaranteed in writing. Weird
I read that also on ESPN. Weird he would agree to take a lower buyout after getting fired…

Former Wisconsin football coach Paul Chryst will receive a reduced buyout of $11 million, the school said Monday.

Chryst, fired Sunday following a 2-3 start to the season, had approximately $20 million left on a contract that paid him through January 2027. But athletic director Chris McIntosh said Sunday that Chryst had agreed to take a reduced payout, while not revealing the specifics.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I read that also on ESPN. Weird he would agree to take a lower buyout after getting fired…

Former Wisconsin football coach Paul Chryst will receive a reduced buyout of $11 million, the school said Monday.

Chryst, fired Sunday following a 2-3 start to the season, had approximately $20 million left on a contract that paid him through January 2027. But athletic director Chris McIntosh said Sunday that Chryst had agreed to take a reduced payout, while not revealing the specifics.
Yeah, this to me is stupid unless there is something in his contract we aren't seeing. Make them ****in pay you. It's a contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT