ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin

This is a shocker to me. Wonder if something in the background led to that. No losing seasons in 7+ years. I'm not saying he was elite and he's definitely an insufferable douche ala Tim Allen.

Hope Wisconsin wins all but Nebraska game and keeps DC as permanent HC. Lance may very well choose Wisconsin better recently. Though he does have similar connections with Nebraska.

Reactions: headcard
I posted a rumor about Wisconsin going after Lance Leipold last week. At the time several posters said Wisconsin would never fire Paul Chryst. I don't follow Wisconsin that closely but I think there is some reason fans were unhappy with Chryst and looking for an excuse to get rid of him. Leipold has many ties to the state of Wisconsin.

My first thought is that Leonhard will be the favorite to be the permanent head coach - unless things go completely off the rails
He will be a finalist at least. But they might want a more secure head football coach with success at a power five level. They know USC and UCLA are on the footsteps to the Big Ten too. Wisconsin has slipped as it is evident. But will they, or can they, spend the money on coaches salaries and engage in NIL at the level necessary to compete for championships? The state of Wisconsin produces more high quality football players at the major college level than the state of Nebraska, without a doubt. But having three times the population is the reason and no serious division one football competition in-state certainly helps.

Reactions: HuskerJag
Lance Leipold’s agent:

38iqvl.png

I posted a rumor about Wisconsin going after Lance Leipold last week. At the time several posters said Wisconsin would never fire Paul Chryst. I don't follow Wisconsin that closely but I think there is some reason fans were unhappy with Chryst and looking for an excuse to get rid of him. Leipold has many ties to the state of Wisconsin.

Fans can ruin programs.

You guys should be enjoying it.... Right now Iowa Fans are being tortured because their two biggest rivals enemies, are making moves to better themseleves, Wisky and Neb, and they are afraid they are stuck with a coach they can't get rid of fast enough... Even the the numbers say Iowa should be firing their coaching staff. Enjoy it while it last, how long will they let Captain Kirk damage Iowa.

You guys should be enjoying it.... Right now Iowa Fans are being tortured because their two biggest rivals enemies, are making moves to better themseleves, Wisky and Neb, and they are afraid they are stuck with a coach they can't get rid of fast enough... Even the the numbers say Iowa should be firing their coaching staff. Enjoy it while it last, how long will they let Captain Kirk damage Iowa.
I give Kurt all the credit in the world...He created a culture of zero expectations and then he met those expectations and their AD is soooooooo desperate to not be totally horrible that he is super happy being hardly average.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT