ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa OC

saw they're pining for the OC at UNLV but expect they'll just promote from within

this is starting to remind me of Mark D'Antonio's not so graceful ending

Reactions: leodisflowers
saw they're pining for the OC at UNLV but expect they'll just promote from within

this is starting to remind me of Mark D'Antonio's not so graceful ending
UNLV offensive coordinator is Brennan Marion and runs a uptempo offense which would be 100 degree change to what Ferentz like‘s to run..

Don’t know if Ioway has the type of offensive personal to run this type offense..

UNLV offensive coordinator is Brennan Marion and runs a uptempo offense which would be 100 degree change to what Ferentz like‘s to run..

Don’t know if Ioway has the type of offensive personal to run this type offense..
All true, but take with a grain of salt. All we heard last offseason was how Wisconsin was going to turn into a wide open passing attack, and then I watched them run it down our throat when it mattered.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954

They probably don’t. But if you want to make the switch from a run heavy pro-style offense (pro-style from the 70’s) to an uptempo spread offense you’re gonna have to bite the bullet and take the bad with the good. If they want to make that change they’re gonna have to go through the growing pains that come with it. In the end, whatever they change to (if they change at all) it can’t be much worse the Brian’s 13 pts per game. Might as well go through the growing pains now while you’re already terrible. I guess…🤷‍♂️

Is this true? Iowa does not stray far from their script. Iowa be like, can you make us more of what we already are?

We bust Capn Kirks balls a lot but to me he absolutely knows what he wants his teams identity to be. Control the ball and the clock. Play field position. Take advantage of other teams mistakes. Their defense and their offensive line is their bellcow. They don’t beat teams with superior talent, they can be upset by an inferior team, because Iowa doesn’t score a lot of points. They win 9-10 a year.

We bust Capn Kirks balls a lot but to me he absolutely knows what he wants his teams identity to be. Control the ball and the clock. Play field position. Take advantage of other teams mistakes. Their defense and their offensive line is their bellcow. They don’t beat teams with superior talent, they can be upset by an inferior team, because Iowa doesn’t score a lot of points. They win 9-10 a year.
This is spot on. I_wa will field good, not great, defenses as long as PP is there and their special teams won't cost them a game too often, but their offenses are plodding and predictable and their fans are satisfied with that.

No they don't.

They are not even close to winning 10 games a year over his career.

toxic? ha. they won the B10 west with no offense. The 'Frost years', THOSE were toxic buddy.
No one will disagree with you on the Frost years. But to say things aren’t heating up on the toxic scale in Iowa City with AD Beth G making Kkkirk look like a little bitty is a little misguided.

Reactions: headcard
No they don't.

They are not even close to winning 10 games a year over his career.
You’re right he is a career wise 8 game winner average. He has only had 8 or so seasons of 10 or more wins out of his 25 years at Iowa. Per google. But he definitely has an identity that thru thick or thin is how it is. We haven’t had that since 2003. Now I’d rather have Bamas identity than Iowa. But they have a plan.

Reactions: Truewooper
You’re right he is a career wise 8 game winner average. He has only had 8 or so seasons of 10 or more wins out of his 25 years at Iowa. Per google. But he definitely has an identity that thru thick or thin is how it is. We haven’t had that since 2003. Now I’d rather have Bamas identity than Iowa. But they have a plan.
They have a plan that works against garbage opponents. His lack of ingenuity is what keeps them from competing with the next level. Kkkirk gets his bonuses and extensions for 8 wins and sees no reason to stray from that win level - thus does nothing to change to get there. Tie that to him making what the next tier coaches make and that’s where you have the gap. It’s good to have an identity but to be complacent and okay with those middling results is embarrassing and not the sign of a competitive coach.

All true, but take with a grain of salt. All we heard last offseason was how Wisconsin was going to turn into a wide open passing attack, and then I watched them run it down our throat when it mattered.

They did? Wisconsin had 156 yards rushing, averaging 3.9 ypc. We had 195, averaging 4.9 ypc, fwiw.

Reactions: apoharrow
Nobody knows if Chryst turned the job down, it was reported he declined and interview.

Being interviewed is a long way away from turning down a job offer.

BTW Chryst wants to get back as a HC, I don't think Iowa was interested in hiring someone for a one and done type deal. I also think Chryst told Kirk he wasn't interested because he was looking for another HC job.

Iowa is all about STABILITY they want someone who won't jump ship in a year.
So he wasn’t offered the job BECAUSE he didn’t even want to interview. Isn’t that somehow worse?

I don’t see how you can post this and make Iowa sound better, because it doesn’t make them sound better.

Paul Chryst sees Iowa athletic department come up on his caller ID: “Spam, I’m not answering that.”

How is that better? 😂

Nobody knows if Chryst turned the job down, it was reported he declined and interview.

BTW Chryst wants to get back as a HC, I don't think Iowa was interested in hiring someone for a one and done type deal. I also think Chryst told Kirk he wasn't interested because he was looking for another HC job.

Let me get this straight. Chryst turned down an interview which means he wasn’t interested in the first place, but yet his name was on of the first people being mentioned for the opening along with another…

Yet it’s been how long since Brian been canned?

They have a plan that works against garbage opponents. His lack of ingenuity is what keeps them from competing with the next level. Kkkirk gets his bonuses and extensions for 8 wins and sees no reason to stray from that win level - thus does nothing to change to get there. Tie that to him making what the next tier coaches make and that’s where you have the gap. It’s good to have an identity but to be complacent and okay with those middling results is embarrassing and not the sign of a competitive coach.
Nailed it.

Maybe it’s because their plan is not appealing to the level of athlete need to compete at the top level, They don’t have the history either to attract that kind of talent. They get good players here and there, tight end, DB, some OL, DL, but they can’t get enough there at one time, like we could.

japan cg GIF

They did? Wisconsin had 156 yards rushing, averaging 3.9 ypc. We had 195, averaging 4.9 ypc, fwiw.
I wrote "WHEN IT MATTERED." Last two drives of the game their run/pass ratio was 13/2, overtime it was 6/2 with an Allen TD run down our throat. At no point did they resemble the wide open passing team that the media loved to write about based on their OC hire. Similarly, I don't care who Ferentz hires, they'll be running the ball to win games as long as he's there.

Still no OC for the squawks…?

Hurry Up Countdown GIF by Escape Hunt UK

No one will disagree with you on the Frost years. But to say things aren’t heating up on the toxic scale in Iowa City with AD Beth G making Kkkirk look like a little bitty is a little misguided.
the football team played a bowl game 2 weeks ago (shittily I might add). What are you talking about? Again, nebby always wins the offseason cause their offseason is always longer than most football programs in the country. For once just focus on your team never living up to its 'potential' the past 10 years!

• Haha
Reactions: DelusionalHawkeye
I wonder if Kirk is going to announce he is going to be OC to avenge his son being fired. And then announce there will be no changes to the offense because they won 10 games. Iowa fans will love to hear that.
He ain’t no Tom Osborne and never was..

the football team played a bowl game 2 weeks ago (shittily I might add). What are you talking about? Again, nebby always wins the offseason cause their offseason is always longer than most football programs in the country. For once just focus on your team never living up to its 'potential' the past 10 years!

Has your daughter-in-law figured out that you are a racist?

• Haha
Reactions: HawksDown
Wat? So he was so engaged in his sons firing that he had no time to figure out who he may want or contact for offensive coordinator calling bullshit to this.

Reactions: Frozone

Virgin...turning down an interview when the "company" ASKS YOU to interview when you did not even apply...is you turning down the job.

Gamblers that wanted easy money and virgin Iowa fans are the only people that cared about "bowl" games.

You know more about NU and how their offseason is going than Husker fans do, you are obsessed.

• Wow
Reactions: DelusionalHawkeye
Do you only read the husker board? 1/2 your fan base is melting down and can’t stand Kkkirk. He’s definitely worn out his welcome and the lack of an OC after having months to hire one is wearing thin on the fan base.

You should go back and watch the press conference about BF’s firing and tell me Kkkirk and Beth have a great relationship and there is no toxicity.

Also congrats to hitting your standard every year. 8 wins against inferior opponents and blowouts by anyone in the top 25.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT