ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin

Cover 3 thinks the Badgers may be eying Leipold.

I got to think UW is gonna have a hard time hiring a replacement. He was 6-1 in bowl games. .72 win percentage. Who the heck wants to take over a place with that high of expectations? Wisconsin has never won a national championship. They likely never will. Just a really head scratching decision.

I got to think UW is gonna have a hard time hiring a replacement. He was 6-1 in bowl games. .72 win percentage. Who the heck wants to take over a place with that high of expectations? Wisconsin has never won a national championship. They likely never will. Just a really head scratching decision.

If they want to roll the dice, there are some who feel that Kent States' coach Sean Lewis is a real up and comer. He played for the Badgers.

usa_today_11299823.0.jpg

Reactions: leodisflowers
If they want to roll the dice, there are some who feel that Kent States' coach Sean Lewis is a real up and comer. He played for the Badgers.

usa_today_11299823.0.jpg

usa_today_11299823.0.jpg
WOW! Kent State’s. non-conference schedule was @Washignton, @Oklahoma, and @Georgia. Played respectable in all 3 games and gave Georgia a scare. Interesting coach.

My only claim to this crystal ball quote from yesterday is having a friend that is tight with the sports world in Madison. Didn’t think he was serious.

The rumor floating in certain circles in Madison is things got heated with Chryst and the wrong people. (person).
So you can’t just act like a Neanderthal toward everyone at work, and always keep you job??? Weird.

WI did not mess around. While his win/loss record was respectable, they were slipping.

I wonder about the culture under him. If that was degrading, they may have decided to pull the plug ASAP as it would be unlikely to improve. Plus, I am sure they are unnerved about losing Leonhard. Give him a shot. His upside is high.

Another example of a coach who does really well with the previous coach’s recruits but then starts to slide backward starting in year five when the team is totally his. Can’t blame Wisconsin for doing this. Chryst is an asshole and there were clear signs the program was regressing.
How do an asshole other than running the score up on us?🤨

• Haha
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Except he has not hired a coach yet and doesn’t look like he will any time soon. And now other jobs are opening up. I really think the main reason he fired Frost when he did was for exactly why he said: to salvage the season for the sake of the players
Exactly.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Bye bye Leipold.
Why would they fire a coach with a P5 winning % of 66% for a guy that has a P5 winning % of less that 40%. There are good teams that have success 1 maybe 2 years and that is what LL has done. Then you have good programs, that are sustainable, way to early to tell if that’s what he has.

Why would they fire a coach with a P5 winning % of 66% for a guy that has a P5 winning % of less that 40%. There are good teams that have success 1 maybe 2 years and that is what LL has done. Then you have good programs, that are sustainable, way to early to tell if that’s what he has.
Newbie, newbie, newbie. Learn a little bit about what you're talking about. He takes crap programs and turns them around. They stay turned around. Show me which of his teams became good and then turned around and were bad. It's never happened.

Last edited:
Lol. Buckle up Wisky. Bout to get real bumpy for the next few years.

Many players at Pitt have said that Chryst never address them when he left Pitt. No meeting, no calls, not even a text. He's not an honorable person.
This is sort of a tough one. Like, if you left your job you probably are not addressing everyone before you go and giving hugs and your contact info and all that.

Hell I am in "this field" and left a job I was at for 10+ years and basically there was nothing, The school year ended and that was pretty much it.

Reactions: Swiv3D
Newbie, newbie, newbie. Learn a little bit about what you're talking about. He takes crap programs and turns them around. They stay turned around. Show me which of his teams became good and then turned around and were bad. It's never happened.
He took over a power at Wisconsin Whitewaters, kept them a power, he took over a a decent Buffalo team and made them a little better in a shitty conference. He is having 1 good season at Kansas. He is Mike Riley 2.0, hell even Riley had a 7-0 start here.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
He took over a power at Wisconsin Whitewaters, kept them a power, he took over a a decent Buffalo team and made them a little better in a shitty conference. He is having 1 good season at Kansas. He is Mike Riley 2.0, hell even Riley had a 7-0 start here.
You are so dumb.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
This is sort of a tough one. Like, if you left your job you probably are not addressing everyone before you go and giving hugs and your contact info and all that.

Hell I am in "this field" and left a job I was at for 10+ years and basically there was nothing, The school year ended and that was pretty much it.

Usually there's some sort of contact. Either a team meeting, phone calls at least a text lol.

Chryst did address the badger team in a meeting after being fired.

Usually there's some sort of contact. Either a team meeting, phone calls at least a text lol.

Chryst did address the badger team in a meeting after being fired.
Yeah and it might depend on how/why the person is leaving too.

Retiring is one thing but leaving for another gig is different.

Great argument there guy. So clearly you are not one that thinks we need a proven Power 5 coach, because he is not one. At the FBS level he is 44-43, Riley was also a .500 coach.
More evidence of your stupidity. I'm shocked at how many guys don't understand this. When you take over crap programs, you lose first then turn the tide and start to win. It's called program building. It ain't where you start, it's how you finish. He won all six titles at Whitewater. While they are good, they didn't win it all before or after him. He put buffalo on a very strong winning path. After he left, they started to fall off the cliff again. Kansas won like three games in 3 years before he got there. In year two, they are 5-0 and ranked. Everyone knows Kansas is a football graveyard. He has plenty of coaching experience at all levels and all he does is win.

40%??? That’s quite the improvement for us, over ginger Jesus

Reactions: moralvictories
So no one at Wisconsin yet begging for Urban Meyer? I’m sure it won’t take long for those rumors to start happening.

Reactions: drubendall
You really should go back and take at look at a coaches complete body of work before making erroneous statements about Leipold, he has done the opposite of your claims. When you look at a coaches resume try and look a little deeper into the accomplishments of work next time.

There are reasons coaches move on to better programs and that's what Leipold has done. I bet if you had the opportunity to ask fans or AD's if they were truly sad to see him move on or if they wish they could still have him you might see things differently.

Last edited:
More evidence of your stupidity. I'm shocked at how many guys don't understand this. When you take over crap programs, you lose first then turn the tide and start to win. It's called program building. It ain't where you start, it's how you finish. He won all six titles at Whitewater. While they are good, they didn't win it all before or after him. He put buffalo on a very strong winning path. After he left, they started to fall off the cliff again. Kansas won like three games in 3 years before he got there. In year two, they are 5-0 and ranked. Everyone knows Kansas is a football graveyard. He has plenty of coaching experience at all levels and all he does is win.
Couldn't have put it better, some posters or fans of college football have no idea what it takes to turn a program around and kingofcars is that type of fan. For what it's worth the next HC at Nebraska even if it's MJ will have to make massive changes or tear down and build up the program if we are ever to get up off the matt.

There are a few head coaches right now who are on a most wanted list and like it or not Lance Leipold is on that list. You rebuild programs that have a losing record and turn them around and many P5 programs take notice and that's what Leipold has done, we would be lucky to have a quality coach like Leipold in Lincoln.

True if she loves Nebraska then we have a reverse of Frost's wife.
Ha! Riley's wife hated it here, Frost's wife hated it here. Trev and his family were basically moved out to South Carolina when they called to talk to him about the job.

Kurt is like "wait...coaches are getting canned for winning 9 games...but I hardly ever win 7...Oh no!~"
They will never, ever fire Ferentz at Iowa. One, their athletic director has the spine of a tube worm; he’ll be lucky if Ferentz doesn’t fire him. Two, their fan base has surprisingly low expectations. Getting to a bowl game is pretty much all they ask.

Ha! Riley's wife hated it here, Frost's wife hated it here. Trev and his family were basically moved out to South Carolina when they called to talk to him about the job.
That is not true at all of Trev. He was always at UNO events and I'd see him all over Omaha from OCC to Charleston's. His kids went to Prep and Marian and his wife was involved at the schools. I do think we have an ace in the hole with Lance's wife being an Omahan.

Last edited:
That is not true at all of Trev. He was always at UNO events and I'd see him all over Omaha from OCC to Charleston's. His kids went to Millard North and his wife was involved at the school. I do think we have an ace in the hole with Lance's wife being an Omahan.
Pretty sure none of his kids went to millard north.

I do agree with Lances wife though, that could be huge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT