ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin

My first thought is that Leonhard will be the favorite to be the permanent head coach - unless things go completely off the rails

Wonder if they might be in the Lieapold sweepstakes. He’s a Wisconsin guy.

Another example of a coach who does really well with the previous coach’s recruits but then starts to slide backward starting in year five when the team is totally his. Can’t blame Wisconsin for doing this. Chryst is an asshole and there were clear signs the program was regressing.
One of the biggest assholes in the game.

This is a shocker to me. Wonder if something in the background led to that. No losing seasons in 7+ years. I'm not saying he was elite and he's definitely an insufferable douche ala Tim Allen.

He’s a pretty big douche. But still pretty shocking.

You need to get approval from Riley the Crutch.
Hey gramps, it’s been almost 6 years. You’d think as one of the main Frosturbators the last 5 years, you’d be smart enough to be humbled for at least a few weeks. I guess some simps just have to keep showing how stupid they are, and how little they know about the game. Rent. Free

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
Blown out two games in a row. Losing at home to Washington State. USC coming into the league with an explosive offense not seen in conference outside of Ohio State.

Minnesota and Illinois seem to have eclipsed them. Losing to Ohio State is one thing, but they were competitive with them when Tressel, and Meyer were there. Now they are getting demolished. Aranda may be the option if they really want to compete.

Maybe they fired him so that they can try and rehire him...with a cheaper contract.

#Smarts

1-9 in their last 10 against to 25 teams. They stacked easy wins in the B1GW and barely ever played anyone OOC.

The lack of player development has been noticeable.
Exactly!

For like 20 years they never played anyone in the non-con...they seemed to always get a lame draw vs the east teams once started...they suck.

Except he has not hired a coach yet and doesn’t look like he will any time soon. And now other jobs are opening up. I really think the main reason he fired Frost when he did was for exactly why he said: to salvage the season for the sake of the players
I hear you. The hope is that early contact was made and early interest shown. Likely doesn’t mean a lot, but like recruiting, the early bird can have a mental advantage.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Please explain...
The hope is that early interest was shown to the contacts on Trev’s radar. If these coaches heard a couple weeks ago that interested was shown, they’re obviously busy and focused on their jobs - but I can’t help thinking that in the back of their minds that they are analyzing the pros and cons of the new opportunity. I have zero expertise in this, but am hoping the first contact can have some advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT