ADVERTISEMENT

Our Inheritance

vic.valiant

Walk On
Jun 9, 2010
My apologies for the tardiness of this post but I needed to get to a real keyboard rather than thumbing this one in.

Wow, what a great game! I would like to congratulate all Huskers on the spectacular show under the lights in Lincoln.

I’d wager both fan bases were thinking the same thought “This is the biggest gut check game my team has had in a long time. I wonder if they are up to it”. In my opinion they both were. Two teams evenly matched in a high pressure situation in front of a national audience. I thought both squads were gritty and determined and worthy of the teams they represent.

This was a hugely entertaining game on a day of entertaining and important games: Oklahoma/Texas, Alabama/A&M, Mississippi/Arkansas, Iowa/Penn State, Michigan/Nebraska. Ours was the best of them (I’m biased) but that A&M/Alabama game was very very good, btw the average winning margin of those games was 3.4 points!

Setting the outcome aside I ask “Were you not entertained?”. I certainly was. This was sports drama at its finest and as inheritors of these great football traditions we are privileged to enjoy that drama so much the better.

I wish the Husker Nation the best of luck going forward this season.

Go Big Red!

Go Blue!

My apologies for the tardiness of this post but I needed to get to a real keyboard rather than thumbing this one in.

Wow, what a great game! I would like to congratulate all Huskers on the spectacular show under the lights in Lincoln.

I’d wager both fan bases were thinking the same thought “This is the biggest gut check game my team has had in a long time. I wonder if they are up to it”. In my opinion they both were. Two teams evenly matched in a high pressure situation in front of a national audience. I thought both squads were gritty and determined and worthy of the teams they represent.

This was a hugely entertaining game on a day of entertaining and important games: Oklahoma/Texas, Alabama/A&M, Mississippi/Arkansas, Iowa/Penn State, Michigan/Nebraska. Ours was the best of them (I’m biased) but that A&M/Alabama game was very very good, btw the average winning margin of those games was 3.4 points!

Setting the outcome aside I ask “Were you not entertained?”. I certainly was. This was sports drama at its finest and as inheritors of these great football traditions we are privileged to enjoy that drama so much the better.

Go Big Red!

Go Blue!
Yep, great game amongst a lot of them Saturday. Good luck as well.

It was two evenly matched teams going into the game and two evenly matched teams after the game.

MI has found their stride but IMO, the bigger story is how much improved Nebraska is now.

Crowd was great and the Michigan fans were great.

The Michigan players on the sidelines are losers but I don't blame them, I would act like a cock if I was getting hazed all day too.

Was truly a great environment.. Would have been interesting if Nebraska won the game if they would have stormed the field…

I’m to old for that kind of stuff but it would have been awesome to see.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Go Big Red!

Go Blue!
Loved the game but of course not the outcome for my side.

Sad to watch the BIG 10 trot out completely incompetent refs week after week. It is really ridiculous. Cost both teams Saturday and just makes the games not flow well for either team. The amount of money the BIG 10 has there is no Excuse.

Good luck the rest of the year.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT