ADVERTISEMENT

Online sports book. Over/Under set at 5.5 wins

That is a little low, 7 home games and I think we will be favored, come game time, in 6. Steal a win against Northwestern and it's 7, and beat Michigan St at home and it's 8.

That gas bag over in Ann Arbor who many feel is highly overrated won 10 his first year (including bowl game).

Winning six games would be a baseline level performance, IMO. Winning less than 6 would mean we lost all games considered tossup or worse and at least one is which we were favored. That's a season of wins over Akron, Troy, Purdue, Illinois, and either Minnesota, NW or CU.
If our lines simply perform with more effort and consistency, both sides of the ball will be much better than last.

Reactions: c3ntral08
This line is comical. I think we win out at home and you're telling me we're gunna lose to NW who lost Thorston and Justin Jackson?? I mean, we should have beat them last year and that was the worst husker team in history lol.

Maybe steal one at Wisky or Michigan. Why not? Other teams go on the road and upset ranked teams. I promise this staff and these players can do the same. I see 7 possibly 8 wins. I'm going to Vegas in 4 weeks and I'll be laying a hefty amount on the over as well as NW under 7.5; I see 5 wins for NW at most 6 wins.

Last edited:
Vegas doesn't always get it right of course, but as a collective whole, they're a helluva lot smarter than me, and anyone posting on this board. Seems like a low # to me, but there's no way in hell I'm putting any of my money on it.

This line is comical. I think we win out at home and you're telling me we're gunna lose to NW who lost Thorston and Justin Jackson?? I mean, we should have beat them last year and that was the worst husker team in history lol.

Maybe steal won at Wisky or Michigan. Why not? Other teams go on the road and upset ranked teams. I promise this staff and these players can do the same. I see 7 possibly 8 wins. I'm going to Vegas in 4 weeks and I'll be laying a hefty amount on the over as well as NW under 7.5; I see 5 wins for NW at most 6 wins.

Thorston returns in the fall from his bowl injury.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Here are the odd for each of the BIG teams:
Big Ten
Ohio State 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 10.5 (-110)
  • Under 10.5 (-120)
Wisconsin 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 10 (-120)
  • Under 10 (-110)
Penn State 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 9.5 (-115)
  • Under 9.5 (-115)
Michigan State 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 8.5 (-115)
  • Under 8.5 (-115)
Michigan 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 8.5 (-110)
  • Under 8.5 (-120)
Northwestern 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 7.5 (-115)
  • Under 7.5 (-115)
Iowa 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 7.5 (-115)
  • Under 7.5 (-115)
Minnesota 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 6 (-110)
  • Under 6 (-120)
Nebraska 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 5.5 (-105)
  • Under 5.5 (-125)
Indiana 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 5.5 (-105)
  • Under 5.5 (-125)
Purdue 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 5 (-120)
  • Under 5 (-110)
Maryland 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 4.5 (-115)
  • Under 4.5 (-115)
Rutgers 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 4 (-130)
  • Under 4 (+100)
Illinois 2018 regular season win total
  • Over 3.5 (+100)
  • Under 3.5 (-130)

Gasbag inherited a lot of NFL talent - 14 drafted after his first two seasons.

A lot of talk about the importance of development - maybe he developed those guys into NFL draft picks. He took over a program that had 12 total wins the 2 years previously. Frost is taking over a program that had 13 wins the last 2 years.

A lot of talk about the importance of development - maybe he developed those guys into NFL draft picks. He took over a program that had 12 total wins the 2 years previously. Frost is taking over a program that had 13 wins the last 2 years.
Maybe, but last year Michigan had 9 players drafted in the first 4 rounds and 11 total. This year they had just 2 players drafted.

In theory Akron, Troy, Illinois, Purdue & Minnesota should pretty much be auto wins. So there is 5 right there. Colorado, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan St. feel like 50/50 games to me. And we'll be dogs in the rest. So take care of business in the 5 auto's, and win 2 of the 50/50's, and bam, bowl game and the over.

Most people said 6 when Frost was newly hired. Now after the spring game kool-aid expectations are higher? Our only gimmes are Akron, Illinois, and Troy. (3)
Our toss-ups are Colorado, Minnesota, Purdue, Northwestern...win half these (2)
Our sure losses are Michigan, Michigan state, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin(0)
And Vegas gave us a +.5 because it is Frost.
Even at UCF Frost only won 6, probably had better talent than a lot of teams on his schedule because they had been in a bcs a few years before. It took a while for frost to clear out the chaff. I think year 2 will see massive improvement but year 1 will look like rebuilding, which it is.

Going to Vegas in July. Need help spending $1,000 budget. How would you divvy it up?
$ for legal weed.
$ for special massages.
$ to bet over 5.5 for NU wins.

Thanks.

Going to Vegas in July. Need help spending $1,000 budget. How would you divvy it up?
$ for legal weed.
$ for special massages.

Thanks.

Go to a massage parlor that sells weed and takes bets, problem solved!!!!! Your welcome.

Reactions: 9and4
$ for legal weed.
$ for special massages.

Thanks.
You need to look at it from an investment stand point. 100 for weed, 100 for sexy time, 800 on huskers

Reactions: 9and4
In theory Akron, Troy, Illinois, Purdue & Minnesota should pretty much be auto wins. So there is 5 right there. Colorado, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan St. feel like 50/50 games to me. And we'll be dogs in the rest. So take care of business in the 5 auto's, and win 2 of the 50/50's, and bam, bowl game and the over.

Its obvious, we have a new coaching staff, same players, new attitude, some old bad habits. Given all of the changes, not sure how anyone is an "auto win" anymore. Now how sad is it to say that. Gone are the days when we knew 2 or 3 games a year were going to be really difficult. Now, almost everyone on the schedule can beast us on a given day including Northern Illinois. Colorado is much improved and so is Troy of all people. When the wins do come they aren't by 50+ points anymore as well. Welcome to the new reality. Every win will be a struggle most likely.

Its obvious, we have a new coaching staff, same players, new attitude, some old bad habits. Given all of the changes, not sure how anyone is an "auto win" anymore. Now how sad is it to say that. Gone are the days when we knew 2 or 3 games a year were going to be really difficult. Now, almost everyone on the schedule can beast us on a given day including Northern Illinois. Colorado is much improved and so is Troy of all people. When the wins do come they aren't by 50+ points anymore as well. Welcome to the new reality. Every win will be a struggle most likely.

Colorado and Troy are much improved over what? The 80’s? Colorado was 5-7 last year, coming off a season where they played in a pac12 title game. Troy lost their QB and other important players from their Squad. Heck we can talk Akron up if we want they were 7-7 last year and played in the MAC title game.

29el0x.jpg

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Really not sure what to guess for. We have a murderers row schedule. Anything is possible really, but its hard to get my hopes up too much... i mean, I don't think Riley would be better than 1 or 2 wins this fall. I'm thinking 4-6 wins right now.

I think the floor is 0 wins and the ceiling is 12 wins. Just my 2 scents

Really not sure what to guess for. We have a murderers row schedule. Anything is possible really, but its hard to get my hopes up too much... i mean, I don't think Riley would be better than 1 or 2 wins this fall. I'm thinking 4-6 wins right now.

I could see 5 wins with Nebraska licking their chops at the outcome. Progress and a recruiting class with Frost filling the roster out 4 years. I'd take it.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT