ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers open up 11 point favorite over NW

Trap game. Team we should demolish with run game and defense but always a close game 21-17 huskers.

I'm hoping to see something different this year from this Ruhle lead team. But I absolutely agree this is the kinda game Frost would've found a way to lose. I hope we find a way to win it lol

Holla

In terms of betting this game, FanDuel has this as the Huskers favored by -13.5. That seems a bit generous for us, no? Hate to pick against us on the spread but I think we win...just not by that much.

Trap game. Team we should demolish with run game and defense but always a close game 21-17 huskers.
college gameday sport GIF

Husker O shows up with their shit together and doesn't step on their own dicks, repeatedly.

34-7 Huskers.

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

I could see another 20-7 game but years of letdowns, including mind-boggling losses against Northwestern, have me a bit skeptical too.

In terms of betting this game, FanDuel has this as the Huskers favored by -13.5. That seems a bit generous for us, no? Hate to pick against us on the spread but I think we win...just not by that much.

I probably wouldn’t have us a 2 touchdown favorite over anyone, lol. Shows how much I know I guess…

Reactions: dinglefritz
I saw some of their game against Penn St, that’s it though. They moved the ball pretty well in the first half, their defense is suspect however at least against the run. I’ll probably stay away on betting this game but if I had to knowing how they always play tight games with us, I’d probably take the points and the under

Reactions: dinglefritz
don't think we're good enough for "trap games" to be a thing.

it would shock nobody if one 3-3 team beat another 3-3 team.

i'm expecting a nailbiter, but hoping to be wrong.
Did you even read my post? The trap lies within the minds of the players, favored by 11, feeling good off a win off a bye week, expected to win. I too expect a nail biter back and forth with mistakes. 21-17.

Did you even read my post? The trap lies within the minds of the players, favored by 11, feeling good off a win off a bye week, expected to win. I too expect a nail biter back and forth with mistakes. 21-17.

There is no way the players "feel good" about this season. If Rhule and staff are any kind of coaches, the players should be hungry, and pissed off at themselves.

There is no way the players "feel good" about this season. If Rhule and staff are any kind of coaches, the players should be hungry, and pissed off at themselves.
getting a win always feels good, especially when they haven't came cheap the last 10 years.

Did you even read my post?
yes
Team we should demolish with run game and defense but always a close game
The trap lies within the minds of the players, favored by 11, feeling good off a win off a bye week, expected to win.
those are 2 different takes.

you've probably never played organized football, I doubt these guys are looking at the spread and chalking it up as a win already. enough of this roster has experienced losing to Northwestern, they know what it feels like to be hit by them and are fully cognizant a loss is possible.

if we didn't have the exact same reocrd, you might be right.

yes

those are 2 different takes.

you've probably never played organized football, I doubt these guys are looking at the spread and chalking it up as a win already. enough of this roster has experienced losing to Northwestern, they know what it feels like to be hit by them and are fully cognizant a loss is possible.

if we didn't have the exact same reocrd, you might be right.
How many times have you watched this program get a win when it really needed one (Illinois game) then come out the next week against a team on paper we should beat and get steam rolled? Thats to be considered a trap game, can happen if you are 7-0 and ranked or 3-3 clawing for bowl eligibility. Now, we seem to be arguing but also in agreement of the current state of our husker program that the players shouldn't be in that mindset, I agree and I hope they are not. Time will tell. As far as throwing some big dick shit "you've probably never played organized football", thats absurd, like 99% of the posters on here, my playing days ended in October in high school. Who would waste this much time on a message board if they didn't play organized football and didn't still have passion for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT