ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers open up 11 point favorite over NW

yes

those are 2 different takes.

you've probably never played organized football, I doubt these guys are looking at the spread and chalking it up as a win already. enough of this roster has experienced losing to Northwestern, they know what it feels like to be hit by them and are fully cognizant a loss is possible.

if we didn't have the exact same reocrd, you might be right.
He’s right. The offense is only thinking about scoring points and the defense is focused on stuffing them every way imaginable. No players are contemplating point spreads.

getting a win always feels good, especially when they haven't came cheap the last 10 years.

Yes, getting one win feels good.

But what you are describing is the team getting spoiled and complacent due to wins coming too easily. That has zero chance of happening at this point in the rebuild.

How many times have you watched this program get a win when it really needed one (Illinois game) then come out the next week against a team on paper we should beat and get steam rolled? Thats to be considered a trap game, can happen if you are 7-0 and ranked or 3-3 clawing for bowl eligibility. Now, we seem to be arguing but also in agreement of the current state of our husker program that the players shouldn't be in that mindset, I agree and I hope they are not. Time will tell. As far as throwing some big dick shit "you've probably never played organized football", thats absurd, like 99% of the posters on here, my playing days ended in October in high school. Who would waste this much time on a message board if they didn't play organized football and didn't still have passion for it.

set your emotions aside and pretend you're a neutral fan looking at these teams "on paper"

Nebraska:
3-3 record
5th in B1GW
lost to Minnesota

Northwestern:
3-3 record
3rd in BIGW
beat Minnesota

trap games are reserved for teams that are significantly better than the other. losing to Northwestern would just be one shitty B1G team losing to another.

That spread is shocking to me. Northwestern has our number for some reason. I'm not a gambler but I don't think I'd put money on Nebraska to cover that.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
One difference.. Nebraska doesn’t have SF coaching them and Northwestern doesn’t have Fitzgerald coaching them..
true, but for all we know, David Braun could be a stud coach. this is his first HC gig, was most recently the DC at North Dakota State.

he has them at 3-3 at the halfway mark, which is a huge improvement from how they were last year.

Northwestern isn’t very good, but I don’t see THE NU taking them lightly or see it as a “trap” game. I see us simply playing game 7, at home, in great fall football weather, playing hard, and getting better. Huskers roll 38 - 13.

Reactions: BleedRed78
true, but for all we know, David Braun could be a stud coach. this is his first HC gig, was most recently the DC at North Dakota State.

he has them at 3-3 at the halfway mark, which is a huge improvement from how they were last year.
NDSU has fallen off without Braun for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT