ADVERTISEMENT

Official Purdy Excuses Thread

It’s kinda pointless to try the HH-apologist thread at this point. Bottom line is that NONE of the rostered QB’s we currently try have were fit to put on the jersey this year. The program whiffed. Epically. They could have done more, and made a conscious decision not to.

We’d best a) turn down any Pity Bowl invite and b) buy the solutions in the offseason, which has officially begun.

It’s not fun

Could see this from ten thousand miles away

Lots of you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you couldn’t

You could see it from 10k miles? Man you sure have good eyesight.

which is strange because you can't see yourself in the mirror.

From here you'll just try to make things personal and fail.

It’s kinda pointless to try the HH-apologist thread at this point. Bottom line is that NONE of the rostered QB’s we currently try have were fit to put on the jersey this year. The program whiffed. Epically. They could have done more, and made a conscious decision not to.

We’d best a) turn down any Pity Bowl invite and b) buy the solutions in the offseason, which has officially begun.
If there's a pity bowl then they need to go.

He frecking sucks!! Twice now he has thrown and int late in the game that has cost us the game. Get rid of him!!!! and the Coach goes also. Take Sutterfield with them.

Reactions: Wasker77
Rhule is not to blame for Purdy literally dropping the ball when had a first down wide open.
Quarterback development is the problem along with a lack of offensive identity. That falls on Rhule. He needs to fix it, and I think he will but it won’t be this year or even next year

I was forced to go to work today, maybe a good thing in retrospect, but listening on radio they said at least one, maybe two guys were open on the play. I really hope Rhule hires a full-time QB coach, at least 😮‍💨

Reactions: king_kong_
All of our QBs are losers.
Purdy is our best by far. It’s not like QB’s are dying to come here. He’ll be the best we’ll get every decade or so. Who are the stud WR’s with all due respect? Purdy is good like his brother with talent around him which isn’t changing. So he’ll look like a hero and then a dud.

Agreed. You can't change the minds of these whiny women who second guess EVERYTHING. THE most annoying fan ever is a douche bag that plays Monday morning quarterback EVERY play
You can tell most of these whiners have never coached at any level.
And agree on the NiL checkbook needed for a QB.

He frecking sucks!! Twice now he has thrown and int late in the game that has cost us the game. Get rid of him!!!! and the Coach goes also. Take Sutterfield with them.
Internet Reaction GIF by The Runner go90

Purdy is our best by far. It’s not like QB’s are dying to come here. He’ll be the best we’ll get every decade or so. Who are the stud WR’s with all due respect? Purdy is good like his brother with talent around him which isn’t changing. So he’ll look like a hero and then a dud.
If this retard likes him, you know he sucks ass

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
Bulls^t. Rhule and staff did not throw that last interception. Purdy had to be smart with the ball. Instead, he just throws down the middle for an easy interception.
You don’t know shit about football or leadership. When your coaches aren’t cool under pressure, how the hell can your players be. We saw how cool the staff was when they couldn’t even get in a play in the two minute offense after the coleman bad. That’s 100% on the staff. Get a play in fast , keep the TO and that changes everything from a QBs mindset.

but keep making excuses for the coaching staff. I can not help people like you who can’t see stupid

Agreed. You can't change the minds of these whiny women who second guess EVERYTHING. THE most annoying fan ever is a douche bag that plays Monday morning quarterback EVERY play
You can tell most of these whiners have never coached at any level.
And agree on the NiL checkbook needed for a QB.
Am eager to watch what they choose to do, as some actual purchases seem imminent. Rhule (to me) pretty clearly took a shot at management this week, and couldn’t be more enthusiastic about it. He’s a smart guy. Allegedly.

BUT, if they choose to not, and it’ll need to be BIG AND OBVIOUS, we’ll deserve to and I’ll earnestly hope for empty seats and abandonment by donors. Leaves a bad taste in my throat, but donation to this football program last few years has been a pretty Rotten investment. Lesson in Capitalism.

Last edited:
At least HH won games. Purdy is 0-5
Neither one of them are FBS, Power 5 quarterbacks. Seriously, Name one P5 team that would take a chance on Purdy, HH or Sims as their starter next season? No team is going to take any of them. It would be dumb to risk it. Not until the Huskers get better quarterback talent will they start winning consistently. I doubt if the Westside kid is good enough to come in next year and take over.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Am eager to watch what they choose to do, as some actual purchases seem imminent. Rhule (to me) pretty clearly took a shot at management this week, and couldn’t be more enthusiastic about it. He’s a smart guy. Allegedly.

BUT, if they choose to not, and it’ll need to be BIG AND OBVIOUS, we’ll deserve to and I’ll earnestly hope for empty seats and abandonment by donors. Leaves a bad taste in my throat,
He didn't take a shot at mgnt. Wasn't even talking about Nebraska.

No. His brother has a brain and doesn’t go full fetal position under adversity. I watched a bunch of ISU games. Brock balled out and can put a team on his back. Chubba doesn’t have the right stuff.

Reactions: OO Snipes
Curious as to what you thought the outcome would most likely be before the game?
As soon as I heard purdy was starting I bet the iowa moneyline

Just like I did last week with wisc -6.5

Easy money

We may as well have forfeited like I said as soon as I knew HH was too hurt to play

You don’t know shit about football or leadership. When your coaches aren’t cool under pressure, how the hell can your players be. We saw how cool the staff was when they couldn’t even get in a play in the two minute offense after the coleman bad. That’s 100% on the staff. Get a play in fast , keep the TO and that changes everything from a QBs mindset.

but keep making excuses for the coaching staff. I can not help people like you who can’t see stupid
Hey, I am not making excuses for this staff. Bad playing calling, subpar clock management and not putting the players in position to win is quite evident with this staff, but that last interception is all on the shoulders of Purdy.

Reactions: king_kong_
It is hard to defend 0-5 if that truly is Purdy's stat as a starter. I sure hope the Huskers do not get a mercy bowl. I need some time to recover from all these dumb-dumb losses. I think these three quarterbacks need to just slide off into the abyss.
It is.

Next year will be his 5th as a P5 qb

Still looking for that elusive first W

Neither one of them are FBS, Power 5 quarterbacks. Seriously, Name one P5 team that would take a chance on Purdy, HH or Sims as their starter next season? No team is going to take any of them. It would be dumb to risk it. Not until the Huskers get better quarterback talent will they start winning consistently. I doubt if the Westside kid is good enough to come in next year and take over.
Maybe. But I’ll take the guy who actually wins some over the one that wins none. That should be obvious but for some of you, oddly it’s not

That’s funny, a few weeks ago you bet me that it would definitely be HH. Not a transfer.

Looks like you’re already welching. Not surprised.
Hope you didn’t lose the Christmas money on purdy today, dumbf*ck

What was he looking at throwing that pick six against the Seahawks. Has to be play calling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT