ADVERTISEMENT

Official NCAA Football Championship Game Thread

Penix and the whole Washington team played with so little emotion. Deboar has to bear some responsibility. What a disaster of a performance.
Serious? They were not the better team but managed to adjust to the 1st quarter onslaught and trailed by 7 a good portion of the game. They had no running game and put all the pressure on Penix. Some dropped balls and enough big plays by Michigan. Not sure what game you were watching.

It will be even better watching Michigan give the trophy back after the NCAA penalties come down. I hope Lincoln Riley watched the game, since he said they were going to walk through the B1G.

So really, Michigsn-Alabama was the National Championship considering how much closet that game was

Serious? They were not the better team but managed to adjust to the 1st quarter onslaught and trailed by 7 a good portion of the game. They had no running game and put all the pressure on Penix. Some dropped balls and enough big plays by Michigan. Not sure what game you were watching.
I feel like Penix might have made some side $$$. He missed so many routine throws it has to make me wonder.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
The game I watched had Jack Harbaugh asking who has it better. I guess Michigan does.

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised by this outcome. A few of us kept trying to tell y’all that if Michigan pounded the rock this game would not be all that close. It was a bad matchup for Washington.

Those were my exact words.

Washington managed to keep it close most of the game but it just felt like Michigan was always on the verge of blowing it open. And it happened late.

Once again, Michigan is what Nebraska used to be.

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised by this outcome. A few of us kept trying to tell y’all that if Michigan pounded the rock this game would not be all that close. It was a bad matchup for Washington.

Those were my exact words.

Washington managed to keep it close most of the game but it just felt like Michigan was always on the verge of blowing it open. And it happened late.

Once again, Michigan is what Nebraska used to be.
It's who we want to be. Well... without the cheating and Harbaugh. LOL

Reactions: V-Doub
Wrong. We saw the true championship game tonight. Alabama couldn't even beat Texas at home. Washington did, and on a neutral field. Winning matters. Two really good, undefeated conference champions.
There is 0 chance Washington, who just got manhandled by Michigan, could beat Georgia.

In fact, I'm not even sure they could keep it within 4 scores

Reactions: V-Doub
There is 0 chance Washington, who just got manhandled by Michigan, could beat Georgia.

The two best teams this year were Georgia and Michigan. Unfortunately sometimes the best teams lose a game and Georgia lost the wrong one (if Bama and Georgia play the SEC title game 10 times, Georgia wins 8).

Georgia vs Michigan would have been a fun watch and a physical AF game.

The two best teams this year were Georgia and Michigan. Unfortunately sometimes the best teams lose a game and Georgia lost the wrong one (if Bama and Georgia play the SEC title game 10 times, Georgia wins 8).

Georgia vs Michigan would have been a fun watch and a physical AF game.
It would take a team like Georgia to beat Michigan. Cold day in hell when Michigan just blows those Georgia DL studs off the line like they did with Washington at times.

Georgia has the kind of team that could make Michigan crack if they had to rely on McCarthy to
carry the load in the passing game.

I agree, they were the two best teams in the country.

people days GIF

Kind of weird game..Looked like Michigan could’ve bulldozed their way to a 40 point win and someone interested in TV ratings stepped in and said “Hey uhhh, we CANNOT have two blowouts from the start in a row for the NC”. So Michigan inexplicably stops running the ball. Refs were very suspect of course and Penix missing a lot of throws he normally hits. Although that big one for a TD was actually the receiver’s fault, he was supposed to run more of a wheel to the sideline but got excited from being so open, that’s why you saw Penix and then coach talking to him after the play. Still a better QB adjusts and makes the throw anyway.

I said I would look for a spot to bet Michigan ML live for better odds but it never came.

Last edited:
Kind of weird game..Looked like Michigan could’ve bulldozed their way to a 40 point win and someone interested in TV ratings stepped in and said “Hey uhhh, we CANNOT have two blowouts from the start in a row for the NC”. So Michigan inexplicably stops running the ball. Refs were very suspect of course and Penix missing a lot of throws he normally hits. Although that big one for a TD was actually the receiver’s fault, he was supposed to run more of a wheel to the sideline but got excited from being so open, that’s why you saw Penix and then coach talking to him after the play. Still a better QB adjusts and makes the throw anyway.

I said I would look for a spot to bet Michigan ML live for better odds but it never came.
They stopped running the ball because Washington changed their Defense. Funny how that works, the same plays don't work every time.

Michigan was continually backed up and as soon as they got some decent field position they started throwing on first down and you saw how that worked.

Reactions: beaglehusker

BS. Washington was down 7 points with the ball halfway through the 4Q. They took their early game body shots, made adjustments, and were in a position to take the lead late in the game. Washington would have a very good chance of beating Georgia. Georgia is clearly not as good as Michigan since they could not beat Alabama.

BS. Washington was down 7 points with the ball halfway through the 4Q. They took their early game body shots, made adjustments, and were in a position to take the lead late in the game. Washington would have a very good chance of beating Georgia. Georgia is clearly not as good as Michigan since they could not beat Alabama.
well being stupid is your problem to fix, not mine.

Saban will always play Kirby Smart tough, those games are historically a toss-up, and Georgia has shown to be capable of avenging their loss to Alabama by multiple scores.

Georgia wasn't the Georgia of past seasons. The Dawgs were only about as good as Alabama this year. If you look at their schedule, they had many surprising close calls. For example, they only beat Georgia Tech by one score. I think people are putting WAY too much weight on their hammering FSU by 60. The Noles threw in the towel in that game. Nebraska could have defeated FSU on that day by 40.

This is not to say that Georgia definitely would not have won the playoff, if they had made it in by beating Bama. They would have enjoyed a legitimate shot. As did Bama, Texas and Washington. There was no unstoppable juggernaut this year.

53452650228_51a52e78ef_c.jpg

Reactions: oldjar07
well being stupid is your problem to fix, not mine.

Saban will always play Kirby Smart tough, those games are historically a toss-up, and Georgia has shown to be capable of avenging their loss to Alabama by multiple scores.
Saying Washington would have 0 chance against Georgia isn’t just stupid. It’s southern stupid.

Reactions: Meanfarmer3160
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT