ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule wanted to draft Purdy

Huskers123456

First Team All-Big Ten
Feb 5, 2023
Not sure how many people watched the press conference yesterday, which was beyond excellent btw, but Rhule mentioned that he wanted Purdy on the Panthers board but was vetoed.

Looks like with Super Bowl week this is starting to trend. Not a good look for the Panthers.

Combined with Herbstreit's comments it's amazing how much national play a 5 win team is getting during SB week.

Matt Rhule had final roster and draft say in Carolina by contract. The only person keeping Matt Rhule from drafting Purdy was Matt Rhule.

Matt Rhule in Carolina had a pro bowl QB in Mayfield and a league MVP caliber player in McCaffrey and managed to win just one game.

If I’m Brock Purdy I’m thanking my lucky stars that a Matt Rhule coached team didn’t draft me
Thanks for creating yourself for this post.

Doofus.

why even say that?

reminds me of Elway talking about the QB's he actually wanted to pick when he whiffed hard on the ones he actually did.

fact of the matter is, nobody could've predicted Brock Purdy to be as great as he is. No other team would've provided as many weapons along with a QB-whisperer of a coach like Kyle Shanahan.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Matt Rhule had final roster and draft say in Carolina by contract. The only person keeping Matt Rhule from drafting Purdy was Matt Rhule.

Matt Rhule in Carolina had a pro bowl QB in Mayfield and a league MVP caliber player in McCaffrey and managed to win just one game.

If I’m Brock Purdy I’m thanking my lucky stars that a Matt Rhule coached team didn’t draft me
Ok Redmich.

College head coaches learn they don't have the same authority/control if they go to the NFL.

Reactions: dinglefritz
why even say that?

reminds me of Elway talking about the QB's he actually wanted to pick when he whiffed hard on the ones he actually did.

fact of the matter is, nobody could've predicted Brock Purdy to be as great as he is. No other team would've provided as many weapons along with a QB-whisperer of a coach like Kyle Shanahan.
Well in Rhule's case he actually game planned and coached against Purdy while at Baylor. So he probably has a little more credibility than some.

Agree that Purdy landed in the best spot.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Shanle is buds with Joe Brady. That’s his beef with Rhule. Those QBs were his GM’s choice.
And for anyone who missed it, Shanle's first excuse was some 2nd or 3rd hand encounter he heard about where someone claimed Rhule looked at them funny or some nonsense, and that proved in his CTE and PED-addled brain that Rhule was the devil 🤣 And at the same time, Ameer Abdullah, who was on the Carolina roster with Rhule, spoke quite highly of his own, 1st hand experiences 🤣🤣🤣

Well in Rhule's case he actually game planned and coached against Purdy while at Baylor. So he probably has a little more credibility than some.

Agree that Purdy landed in the best spot.
that's probably true.

i'm just not buying that he was totally hamstrung on not being able to get who he wanted, much less by using literally the last pick of their draft. had he not made the terrible decision to start Sims at the beginning of this year, i'd be more likely to believe he has an eye for breakout QB talent

why even say that?

When you’re saddled with a certified dumbass for an owner (as Rhule was with the Panthers), I think it’s more than fair game to point out that the blame for an unsuccessful tenure should be shared. Not sure the Panthers will ever win anything with David Tepper there.

I blame Rhule for Bryce Young as well. Am I doing this right?
Bryce Young is the perfect example. Frank Reich early on publicly stated his preference for Stroud before the draft. He got over ruled by his owner and GM.

Bryce Young is the perfect example. Frank Reich early on publicly stated his preference for Stroud before the draft. He got over ruled by his owner and GM.
Young could be a decent QB if he didn’t need a stepstool to brush his teeth. But cmon, how do you trade all of your assets and picks away and take the risky choice of the QBs available? Carolina is in football purgatory after trading away Moore, getting FLEECED for CMC and not having any first round picks in the upcoming draft. Way to set your franchise up to fail, Matt Rhule. Sheesh

Young could be a decent QB if he didn’t need a stepstool to brush his teeth. But cmon, how do you trade all of your assets and picks away and take the risky choice of the QBs available? Carolina is in football purgatory after trading away Moore, getting FLEECED for CMC and not having any first round picks in the upcoming draft. Way to set your franchise up to fail, Matt Rhule. Sheesh
Those were not Rhule’s decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT