ADVERTISEMENT

Mickey Rumor

Maybe Mickey would want/accept a lower salary because he knows to be successful, he will need a LOT of money available to pay the best coordinators and assistants he can get. I think Mickey knows that and is willing to sacrifice some salary now for program success.

Something like lower salary with an incentive heavy contract for 4yrs. If he does well the next contract will reflect the success he has had.
or 3 years

Update on the 65%?
Had CT not gotten injured we win and Mickey would probably be the coach. We we’re up 9-6 and had the momentum at home. Did you not see all the recruits there? The energy on the sideline was amazing. Personally my concern is how bad purdy was. But Mickey had better players in street clothes on the sideline who want to play here next year. Get that talent and we win the west in 3 years with Mickey.

Had CT not gotten injured we win and Mickey would probably be the coach. We we’re up 9-6 and had the momentum at home. Did you not see all the recruits there? The energy on the sideline was amazing. Personally my concern is how bad purdy was. But Mickey had better players in street clothes on the sideline who want to play here next year. Get that talent and we win the west in 3 years with Mickey.
Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

All the momentum?.. he just threw a pick ..

Unless you’re saying injury caused the pick which you could be correct.

Did we drop to 40% after Sat.? Dabo nor Saban could turn this season around with the lack of overall talent on the team. Any team left on the schedule should be double-digit favorites against us. Even Iowa!

Liberty’s football team put that school on the map. They’ve been ranked and talked about nationally for several years now.

Hugh Freeze got them ranked for the first time in program history in 2020 and winning their first bowl game. He finished the season ranked 17th.

Man it must be surreal to watch your program go from .573 to .750. I wonder how they do it...

Reactions: BleedRed78
How we feelin about the other 35% chance you estimated through intense quantitative and qualitative analysis of yours? more like 99%? Your a joke
As a big time booster that is on the inside there is a 65 percent chance Mickey is the head coach next year. Mickey has presented his plans to Trev about who would join him on staff. There are some big, impressive names lined up to join if Mickey gets the job. A few current coaches would remain, but most would be gone. Mickey will get a full interview after the season, but if he wins this weekend don’t be surprised to see the interim position removed and a contract of 6 years and 5 million per season offered. There have been parents of current players letting Trev know they think Mickey should get the job, however there are some big time boosters who want Trev to just keep him on staff.

Trev has also been looking into exploring other apparel options other than Adidas due to their slow response to end the partnership with Kanye West. However this has also lead reps for Adidas to possibly increase sponsorship for Nebraska.

Mickey has 1 big named coach lined up already and Trev knows it. We would be bowling easily next year and those 9-10 win seasons aren’t too far behind with this coach. It would be hard for 18 year olds to say no to Nebraska with that staff that Mickey plans on assembling.
You’re doing well with the posts, but you seem to be discrediting yourself with “we WOULD be bowling NEXT year and THOSE 9-10 WIN SEASONS aren’t too far behind with THIS COACH.

Reactions: jsachisler
Mickey has 1 big named coach lined up already and Trev knows it. We would be bowling easily next year and those 9-10 win seasons aren’t too far behind with this coach. It would be hard for 18 year olds to say no to Nebraska with that staff that Mickey plans on assembling.
Yep pretty sure it's happening. If you dont think mickey is a leading candidate in trevs' note book I have ocean front property in iowa to sell you

Last edited:
So let me guess. If we knock off Minny on Sat, the interim tag is removed, but if not we continue to wait, correct?
Mickey will be the head coach to start next season however you want to slice and dice it. The other rumors are not true. I have already stated this. Mickey is the coach it’s just a matter of when they announce it. What more would you like me to say?

yeah, I'm not getting into the nuts and bolts of it, but what Bigtimebooster is suggesting is someone who might be the caliber of head coaching material to be a coordinator.. it's a paradigm shift in thinking, and I do like the thinking..

Ask yourself what if..

Say you had a Bill O'Brien running the offense and Vance Joseph running the defense.. I'm just saying as a mental exercise at this point, you start to run your program much more similarly to a pro organization and to what Saban does to be honest.

I would not like to see as many guys shuffling in and out as Alabama does, but it's a shift in thinking, and is at the heart of what I think btbooster is getting at.

At least that is the takeaway I am getting.
I would love to see our coordinators being switched like Alabama. That would mean our team is winning and other schools want our coordinators as head coaches.

Mickey will be the head coach to start next season however you want to slice and dice it. The other rumors are not true. I have already stated this. Mickey is the coach it’s just a matter of when they announce it. What more would you like me to say?
If Mickey was for sure the guy then why wouldn't they announce it already? We're a 16 pt underdog this week at home. We're going to be a huge underdog vs Michigan. Each week that goes by Mickey is going to look less and less desirable.

As a big time booster that is on the inside there is a 65 percent chance Mickey is the head coach next year. Mickey has presented his plans to Trev about who would join him on staff. There are some big, impressive names lined up to join if Mickey gets the job. A few current coaches would remain, but most would be gone. Mickey will get a full interview after the season, but if he wins this weekend don’t be surprised to see the interim position removed and a contract of 6 years and 5 million per season offered. There have been parents of current players letting Trev know they think Mickey should get the job, however there are some big time boosters who want Trev to just keep him on staff.

Trev has also been looking into exploring other apparel options other than Adidas due to their slow response to end the partnership with Kanye West. However this has also lead reps for Adidas to possibly increase sponsorship for Nebraska.
Rufs on the Kanye shit?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT