ADVERTISEMENT

Mickey Rumor

Sep 10, 2022
As a big time booster that is on the inside there is a 65 percent chance Mickey is the head coach next year. Mickey has presented his plans to Trev about who would join him on staff. There are some big, impressive names lined up to join if Mickey gets the job. A few current coaches would remain, but most would be gone. Mickey will get a full interview after the season, but if he wins this weekend don’t be surprised to see the interim position removed and a contract of 6 years and 5 million per season offered. There have been parents of current players letting Trev know they think Mickey should get the job, however there are some big time boosters who want Trev to just keep him on staff.

Trev has also been looking into exploring other apparel options other than Adidas due to their slow response to end the partnership with Kanye West. However this has also lead reps for Adidas to possibly increase sponsorship for Nebraska.

popcorn-eating.gif

Much as I would not like this to be true at this point, this poster called the firing fairly accurately. Clearly has some inside knowledge.

Reactions: BleedRed78
As a big time booster that is on the inside there is a 65 percent chance Mickey is the head coach next year. Mickey has presented his plans to Trev about who would join him on staff. There are some big, impressive names lined up to join if Mickey gets the job. A few current coaches would remain, but most would be gone. Mickey will get a full interview after the season, but if he wins this weekend don’t be surprised to see the interim position removed and a contract of 6 years and 5 million per season offered. There have been parents of current players letting Trev know they think Mickey should get the job, however there are some big time boosters who want Trev to just keep him on staff.

Trev has also been looking into exploring other apparel options other than Adidas due to their slow response to end the partnership with Kanye West. However this has also lead reps for Adidas to possibly increase sponsorship for Nebraska.
You had me going until the Kanye stuff

Much as I would not like this to be true at this point, this poster called the firing fairly accurately. Clearly has some inside knowledge.
Outside of a few guys, choosing a head coach is a bit of a pig in a poke. Can the guy recruit? Are they a presence? Do they have experience? Can they put together a staff? Do they have a plan? Is the AD good enough to tell shit from shinola? Again, unless Alberts has a big fish on the hook, the choice may be as much art as science.
I like what the K-State dude is doing, but can he recruit kids to his O and D that can win in the B1G? I'll leave out whether he can "get to the promised land" (probably not). I'll take a disciplined team that can beat Iowa and Wisconsin for now.
As for Mickey, the kids are playing harder, a bit more sound. The things that really plague the team can be mitigated to a degree this season, but really require additional quality players on D and the Oline. Joseph is a guy in his 50s and is as ready for a promotion to HC as he ever will be. He'll probably get a head job elsewhere if it's not in Lincoln.

Outside of a few guys, choosing a head coach is a bit of a pig in a poke. Can the guy recruit? Are they a presence? Do they have experience? Can they put together a staff? Do they have a plan? Is the AD good enough to tell shit from shinola? Again, unless Alberts has a big fish on the hook, the choice may be as much art as science.
I like what the K-State dude is doing, but can he recruit kids to his O and D that can win in the B1G? I'll leave out whether he can "get to the promised land" (probably not). I'll take a disciplined team that can beat Iowa and Wisconsin for now.
As for Mickey, the kids are playing harder, a bit more sound. The things that really plague the team can be mitigated to a degree this season, but really require additional quality players on D and the Oline. Joseph is a guy in his 50s and is as ready for a promotion to HC as he ever will be. He'll probably get a head job elsewhere if it's not in Lincoln.
I think the safest approach to hiring a head coach is looking for an established track record as a head coach, preferably at a P5 school(s). Costs more money to hire such a guy BUT that's why we're in the B1G.

Noted.

Reactions: Anegada1
I don't think he is ready for a big time job like Nebraska. However, I think he would be a good coach at a G6 school like Ohio or Buffalo.

Reactions: mikecanale

He's going to get an interview months after signing a 5 year contract?

Sounds legit.

Yeah the OP is full of holes..

First, how do you quantify a figure like 65%?

Why would the administration offer a 6 year contract on an unproven head coach?

Why would Trev have woke concerns over the Adidas brand relationship with Ye?

Why would an unrelated Adidas brand relationship impact or increase our own sponsorship?

It's like you led with BS, but some maybe realistic info in the middle, and trailed with more bs.. this is not the right way to compose a crap sandwich that people are going to eat.

Yeah the OP is full of holes..

First, how do you quantify a figure like 65%?

Why would the administration offer a 6 year contract on an unproven head coach?

Why would Trev have woke concerns over the Adidas brand relationship with Ye?

Why would an unrelated Adidas brand relationship impact or increase our own sponsorship?

It's like you led with BS, but some maybe realistic info in the middle, and trailed with more bs.. this is not the right way to compose a crap sandwich that people are going to eat.
Well Nicole
65 percent means Mickey is the leading candidate and it is his job to lose. Even if Mickey does not win 6 games there is confidence in the building Mickey is the guy to lead the program forward.

6 years is a vote of confidence but Mickeys camp doesn’t even care about the money or years. Make no mistake he wants the job and Trev wants to hire Mickey.

Trev is using the leverage with the bad PR with adidas to help increase future deals. Adidas lost 250 million recently because of Kanye so Trev is working his angles. Nebraska will see a significant increase next deal and will be featured more nationally.

Well Nicole
65 percent means Mickey is the leading candidate and it is his job to lose. Even if Mickey does not win 6 games there is confidence in the building Mickey is the guy to lead the program forward.

6 years is a vote of confidence but Mickeys camp doesn’t even care about the money or years. Make no mistake he wants the job and Trev wants to hire Mickey.

Trev is using the leverage with the bad PR with adidas to help increase future deals. Adidas lost 250 million recently because of Kanye so Trev is working his angles. Nebraska will see a significant increase next deal and will be featured more nationally.
You still haven't quantified that number. You just made it up, so just admit that.

You give a vote of confidence by hiring the guy, heck you gave him a vote of confidence by making him your interim. You don't all of a sudden get stupid and offer a 6 year contract. Makes more sense to me to offer a 4 year contract.

I think the explanation you just gave on Adidas makes more sense, but you're saying Trev is one ruthless dude if he is raking over a 'partner' for more money. If that is true, it's not a good look on TA imo.

You're also saying TA is leveraging a partner for more money on one hand, and on the other hand, Mickey who doesn't even care about the money or time, is being offered 30 mil over 6 years. That is what is called a disconnect.

Who are these big name assistants?

I'm all for MJ, but he needs a pro level staff. Who is he keeping?

Last edited:
You still haven't quantified that number. You just made it up, so just admit that.

You give a vote of confidence by hiring the guy, heck you gave him a vote of confidence by making him your interim. You don't all of a sudden get stupid and offer a 6 year contract. Makes more sense to me to offer a 4 year contract.

I think the explanation you just gave on Adidas makes more sense, but you're saying Trev is one ruthless dude if he is raking over a 'partner' for more money. If that is true, it's not a good look on TA imo.
Nicole,
65 is just a number but make no mistake Mickey is the leading candidate down at the offices. He has changed a lot in the building and it’s noticeable. He has a plan to bring in some top coaches if he gets the job. These coaches will be sought after by other schools very soon so that is not going unnoticed.
trev has not been happy with the exposure adidas has been giving the huskers nationally compared to other schools especially in the big ten/sec. Trev is okay with the cash payout but would like to see them increase the product exposure and trev wants to see it adjusted to current market value which he can do per the contract.

Nicole,
65 is just a number but make no mistake Mickey is the leading candidate down at the offices. He has changed a lot in the building and it’s noticeable. He has a plan to bring in some top coaches if he gets the job. These coaches will be sought after by other schools very soon so that is not going unnoticed.
trev has not been happy with the exposure adidas has been giving the huskers nationally compared to other schools especially in the big ten/sec. Trev is okay with the cash payout but would like to see them increase the product exposure and trev wants to see it adjusted to current market value which he can do per the contract.
Hahaha I can tell you that he is not the leading candidate at this time! You are full of shit and whoever is feeding you this info is full of shit! 😂😂😂

Nicole,
So 65 is made up, and now you're saying Trev is okay with the Adidas cash payment..

Let's just cut to the chase here.

I think there are elements of truth to what you are saying, but it feels very disconnected, like it's being told 3rd or 4th hand, which would make sense as each time a story is passed around, it becomes less and less cohesive.

What else can you say about the staff?

What position coaches are going to get upgraded?

Reactions: BleedRed78
So 65 is made up, and now you're saying Trev is okay with the Adidas cash payment..

Let's just cut to the chase here.

I think there are elements of truth to what you are saying, but it feels very disconnected, like it's being told 3rd or 4th hand, which would make sense as each time a story is passed around, it becomes less and less cohesive.

What else can you say about the staff?

What position coaches are going to get upgraded?
Yes. He is happy with the cash payment which is half the contract. The other half he wants to see more products and more national exposure from. Thought I made that clear.
New OC and New DC.

Reactions: ssmill777

sir yacht...is that you? you sly dog you...we're onto you

Reactions: Anegada1 and Laner2
I'm inclined to believe the big picture.. less so some of the details, which aren't as important.

If MJ is going to be the head coach, he has to put together a top shelf staff, and this is in almost universal agreement from people on the board.

Recruiting has to continue to hold together during the unknown period, and improve once a decision is made. So far, that is happening.

There are reports of a monster recruiting week taking place last week with lots of Juco linemen offered as well.

I can see Busch moving back to special teams to make room for a new DC and can see some sort of transition for OC depending on Whip's health.

I am less likely to believe that TA brings in a new outside head coach that upends everything, now that they have some elements of the ship turning, but that is just my opinion.

people forget that sir yacht was right

I see Mickey as HC as the clearest way forward. it's much easier to poach coordinators, and having a face of the franchise is very valuable on its own

the people using 'experience' and 'proven' as reasons not to hire him have no legs to stand on

Mickey will not meddle with the O or D and will provide a very steady presence with regards to our public persona and recruiting

I honestly don't see a downside - especially if he accepts the same per year number as our previous guy (I sure as hell wouldn't)

Funny that some of the posters disqualifying the post as credible where some of the same ones that’s basically disqualified really the only other post the bigtimebooster posted before. And obviously it ended up spot on. See Here

OP has some credit from me so he/she has my attention and all of what he says makes sense. Also willing to bet the OP is using a burner username so he’s not linked back to the post

It makes sense that this has always been Mickeys job to lose because HE HAS THE JOB. He has the advantage of showing Trev how he manages things we don’t see. And if some of you think like a $5MM deal for him is ridiculous, what economy are you living in? Inflation is a MF. Eliah Drinkwitz got $4M a year back in 2019 after being a HC one year. If your Trev and believe it’s Mickey you should make a strong statement… Granted you’re putting your career on the line too but that’s what leadership does. They make f-ing decisions and don’t pussyfoot around

people forget that sir yacht was right

I see Mickey as HC as the clearest way forward. it's much easier to poach coordinators, and having a face of the franchise is very valuable on its own

the people using 'experience' and 'proven' as reasons not to hire him have no legs to stand on

Mickey will not meddle with the O or D and will provide a very steady presence with regards to our public persona and recruiting

I honestly don't see a downside - especially if he accepts the same per year number as our previous guy (I sure as hell wouldn't)
the downside might be for Trev

his job as AD will be determined by this hire - if his hire hits he will be a genius if it flops he will be fired

for future jobs this decision will be evaluated on the basis of the process

were his criteria for the position in line with other successful hires - would other like companies or programs also be in the market for his hire or did his hire come out of left field

save Dabo there aren't many successful college head coaches that weren't prior non-interim head coaches or coordinators

when was the last time a big ten coach won a conf championship that wasn't a coordinator or prior head coach or both? SEC?- Big12?

if he makes a reasonable hire that other power 5 programs showed interest in and meets the standard criteria of other successful head coaches but it doesn't work out he has a chance at another high profile job - if his first major hire comes out of left field that is in direct contrast to the standard criteria he is at risk for never being given a job that requires an important decision in the future

if he chooses MJ I will cheer like hell for him- but it will certainly be in conflict with the usual path

Funny that some of the posters disqualifying the post as credible where some of the same ones that’s basically disqualified really the only other post the bigtimebooster posted before. And obviously it ended up spot on. See Here

OP has some credit from me so he/she has my attention and all of what he says makes sense. Also willing to bet the OP is using a burner username so he’s not linked back to the post

It makes sense that this has always been Mickeys job to lose because HE HAS THE JOB. He has the advantage of showing Trev how he manages things we don’t see. And if some of you think like a $5MM deal for him is ridiculous, what economy are you living in? Inflation is a MF. Eliah Drinkwitz got $4M a year back in 2019 after being a HC one year. If your Trev and believe it’s Mickey you should make a strong statement… Granted you’re putting your career on the line too but that’s what leadership does. They make f-ing decisions and don’t pussyfoot around

He’s an Iowa troll with multiple screen names.

ADVERTISEMENT