ADVERTISEMENT

Kurt Rafdal

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Is still planning on visiting LSU next weekend?

Seen he was in Iowa City over the weekend, Riley needs this guy bad at TE hope we can keep him away from Herky.

Hoping Matt Snyder makes a move this spring, he had a lot of potential and won his services over Harbargh.

We lost Fant to Iowa would hate to lose Rafdal this year to them...

He looks like he could be a good one.

Last edited:
Nick Robinson is committing to a school on Wednesday. I haven't watched film on either. Anyone with thoughts on who is the top target? Based solely on offers, is think it's Rafdal.

Nick Robinson is committing to a school on Wednesday. I haven't watched film on either. Anyone with thoughts on who is the top target? Based solely on offers, is think it's Rafdal.

They are sort of lateral targets since Robinson is also WR who could backfill Radfal if he goes. Robinson is more athletic for sure.

Reactions: Kluthe1985
According to FoxSports.com:

From 2006 to 2010, Oregon State averaged 4 TEs, 9 WRs, and 3.6 RBs (Not FBs?).

From 2011 to 2013, Oregon State averaged 7 TEs, 8 WRs, and 4 RBs.

In 2014, they had 7 TEs, 17 WRs, and 10 RBs.
(Langsdorf left right before the 2014 class signed)

Unless 2014 was a fluke, to me these OrSU numbers tell me that Riley and Langsdorf's offense was evolving and they wanted more TEs, WRs, and RBs on the roster to run their offense.

2017 NU has 6 returning TEs plus 1-3 recruits in this class. (7-9 TEs total)

2017 NU has 15 returning WRs, plus 3-5 recruits in this class. (18-20 WRs total)
(5 scholarship and 10 original walk-ons)

2017 NU has 9 returning RBs, plus 1 or 2 recruits in this class. (10-11 RBs total)

Last edited:
TE is a position they are still fixing anyway. Unless all of the tippy top rated players on our board wanted in (in the WRs and CBs), there's probably a million realistic combinations of commits that let us take both.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
If any of you have seen Austin Allen play basketball, you know how athletic this kid is. The NFL has had great success with athletic basketball players turned TE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT