ADVERTISEMENT

Killers of the Flower Moon

Husker Todd

Senior
Jan 13, 2015
Anyone else excited to see this? When I saw the trailer on Apple TV I thought I would be able to see it soon, now it sounds like it won’t be released until end of October beginning of November. I’ve read the book, hope the movie is as good as the book. It’s an interesting story, if you’ve got the time read the book.

81XMxzljGaL._AC_UL210_SR210,210_.jpg

Some of my favorites:

Black Elk Speaks
Manhunt (Lincoln assassination)
Hellhound on his Trail (MLK assassination)
In the Heart of the Sea
Into Africa
Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck
Blood and Treasure
Empire of the Summer Moon
Destiny of the Republic
Crazy Horse and Custer
Undaunted Courage
The Floor or Heaven

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
"CANNES, France – As Osages arrive to attend the world premiere of Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon,” the first trailer has been released. From first glance, the film will be an intense experience.

Set at the turn of the 20th century, oil brought a fortune to the Osage who became some of the richest people in the world overnight. The wealth of the Osage immediately attracted white interlopers, who manipulated, extorted, and stole as much of the tribe’s money as they could before resorting to murder. "

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ trailer promises intense experience

Some of my favorites:

Black Elk Speaks
Manhunt (Lincoln assassination)
Hellhound on his Trail (MLK assassination)
In the Heart of the Sea
Into Africa
Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck
Blood and Treasure
Empire of the Summer Moon
Destiny of the Republic
Crazy Horse and Custer
Undaunted Courage
The Floor or Heaven
I'm currently reading "Red Cloud, Oglala Legend" that I picked up when we went thru the Badlands a few weeks ago. Next up is "Black Elk, Holy Man of the Oglala" that I got when we went to the Akta Lokota Museum & Culteral Center" in Chamberlain SD. BTW, it's an incredible place, unfortunately we only had time to do a quick look around. Haven't read the Neihardt book - when I do I want to make sure I have the complete one with the new introduction.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Anyone else excited to see this? When I saw the trailer on Apple TV I thought I would be able to see it soon, now it sounds like it won’t be released until end of October beginning of November. I’ve read the book, hope the movie is as good as the book. It’s an interesting story, if you’ve got the time read the book.

81XMxzljGaL._AC_UL210_SR210,210_.jpg
Whether it will be good or not, I don't know at this point. But it for sure will be long and it will be released in a group of select theaters before being streamed. It also is one of the most expensive movies.

I'm currently reading "Red Cloud, Oglala Legend" that I picked up when we went thru the Badlands a few weeks ago. Next up is "Black Elk, Holy Man of the Oglala" that I got when we went to the Akta Lokota Museum & Culteral Center" in Chamberlain SD. BTW, it's an incredible place, unfortunately we only had time to do a quick look around. Haven't read the Neihardt book - when I do I want to make sure I have the complete one with the new introduction.
The Heart Of Everything That Is is a pretty good one on Red Cloud. Mari

Sandoz has some pretty good books too, but they are very short compared to modern books. The Dull Knife one about the fight north leaving the Oklahoma reservation I remember as being very good.

Name escapes me right now but there is another book that covers the Indian Wars. A bunch of stuff already covered countless times but some less covered stuff like Chief Joseph and the Klamath war in California.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie

"Liked" because the black hills area is one of my faves and I could go there every year....last year we rented a ATV and explored the hills around Deadwood and found an old cemetary we walked around...Love love love that area.

Haven't read the Neihardt book - when I do I want to make sure I have the complete one with the new introduction.
I went to HS in Bancroft, home of the John G. Neihardt center. We were alway pretty bitter the town had that but no swimming pool. All of the kids believed it was a "one or the other" situation and we got the shaft.:)

Yep, I wish it was a tad bit closer, but there is a lot of exploring to do in that area

We were there for a week last fall...got sooo lucky with the weather...in Late Sept....it was nice enough to rent a boat so we did....and we never saw Rushnore or Crazy Horse or even drove by either. We just marinated ourselves in nature all over that place. Super cool hikes...boating, ATV rental...made almost all our own food at the cabin we rented so we didn't eat out much either....deer literally walked to within 25' of us and I was feeding them some garlic bread...deer like garlic!!! Just a fantastic time and area.

so, four years ago, my wife and I spent an interesting Spring Break, starting in Pawhuska...her for the Prairie Woman experience, me for the Killers experience....I had JUST finished the book...my day there was awesome...I visited several sites out in the country, the jail, the museum...what an AMAZING day...if you can go...worth a day IF YOU HAVE READ THE BOOK....

I'm completely weird on this, did not really like the book and even found the trailer a little flat. I know I'm alone on this, usually like these kind of things.

I'm completely weird on this, did not really like the book and even found the trailer a little flat. I know I'm alone on this, usually like these kind of things.
Hey, no judgement. A lot of the stuff posted on this MB I don't like. Or should I say a lot of stuff I post on this MB folks don't like. ⚽⚽⚽

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
We were there for a week last fall...got sooo lucky with the weather...in Late Sept....it was nice enough to rent a boat so we did....and we never saw Rushnore or Crazy Horse or even drove by either. We just marinated ourselves in nature all over that place. Super cool hikes...boating, ATV rental...made almost all our own food at the cabin we rented so we didn't eat out much either....deer literally walked to within 25' of us and I was feeding them some garlic bread...deer like garlic!!! Just a fantastic time and area.
Good ideas here. Rushmore is a must. An hour is enough to take it all in. Skip Crazy Horse. Its been ruined by the crazy, greedy family that owns it.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
I went to HS in Bancroft, home of the John G. Neihardt center. We were alway pretty bitter the town had that but no swimming pool. All of the kids believed it was a "one or the other" situation and we got the shaft.:)
We visited the Neihardt Center just this last spring. The symbolism built into that center is really well done and impossible to miss.

Reactions: king_kong_
It is a very interesting story and a piece of history I didn’t know. Just read the book last week and will see it in the theaters when it comes out. The author did a ton of research, although I didn’t think he was a particularly good writer.

Reactions: king_kong_
I rarely go to the theaters. The only movies I have seen in theaters in the last few years were John Wick 4 and Oppenheimer. I'll go see this. Scorsese always delivers and say what you want about Dicaprio, he has about the best batting average of any movie star.

I rarely go to the theaters. The only movies I have seen in theaters in the last few years were John Wick 4 and Oppenheimer. I'll go see this. Scorsese always delivers and say what you want about Dicaprio, he has about the best batting average of any movie star.
I think I would be hard pressed to really name a "bad" movie that he has been in. Maybe "The Beach"

But he probably just did that movie to have an excuse to film in an exotic location for a few months.

I believe “The Beach” was shot on a Thai island.
Seeing as Leo likes his females young, he probably did it for the young Thai girls.
Hes our generations Jack Nicklaus. Probably decide to start having kids at 60

I think I would be hard pressed to really name a "bad" movie that he has been in. Maybe "The Beach"

But he probably just did that movie to have an excuse to film in an exotic location for a few months.
Love the Beach! The ending was wacky, but the rest was great!

"Liked" because the black hills area is one of my faves and I could go there every year....last year we rented a ATV and explored the hills around Deadwood and found an old cemetary we walked around...Love love love that area.
You are better than me. I'd have never left Cadillac Jacks

Got out my book and discovered I bought it (and read it) back in June 2021. No wonder my memory of it is a bit hazy.

Don't Look Up was pretty awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT